Delco 12 Cd changer connector???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Delco 12 Cd changer connector??? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have been researching whether I can install a Delco 12 cd changer in my 1996 DeVille. I found this ...
    Neobayer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Delco 12 Cd changer connector???

I have been researching whether I can install a Delco 12 cd changer in my 1996 DeVille. I found this connector wrapped and tucked away next to the antenna.
    It is the perfect length to reach the exact location of the bracket holes.
    However the connector does not resemble the connector on any of the players I see for sale online. This almost looks like some sort of computer connection.

Does this look familiar to anyone? Is It the right plug for the 12 CD changer?

Thanks in advance

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Neobayer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Delco 12 Cd changer connector???

I should ad that while searching around in the cavity between the inner rear fender and the supports, I found a few more do-dads velcroed to the fender support bracket. I think one is actually the radio tuner. It is about the size of a pack of marlboros. It is black plastic and the antenna lead plugs into it. There is also a rechargeable ni-cad battery velcroed next to it.

Although the aforementioned connector lines up with the location of the 12 CD changer bracket, the plug is strange. It looks like a jack on a multi-line phone system or maybe some sort computer connection. It even has two thumbscrews to tighten it in place.

Could all this stuff be part of an un-installed navigation or On-Star system?

Is my DeVille weird or did they all come prewired for uninstalled accessories?

BigOLak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Re: Delco 12 Cd changer connector???

Bumping this thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.