Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a picture of your V

192K views 903 replies 231 participants last post by  Samus143 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#35 ·
Car looks familiar..................oh yeah.................I have the same color ATS-V. In my profile I think I called it Obsession Red but I think it's actually called Velocity Red. My wife calls the color Pull Me Over Red.

Did I read somewhere around here you also own a Hellcat?..........Good grief..an ATS-V and a Hellcat?

#44 · (Edited by Moderator)
One thing is for sure................the Demon will be a collector car in the very near future. My guess is Jay Leno has already cornered the car w/ VIN xxxxxxxxxxx00001.

I live about an 8 minute walk from a Chrysler/ Dodge dealership and was picking up my Durango after an oil change about two weeks ago when I stumbled in on a conversation at one of the Service Dept. desks. There was at least one but maybe two Hellcat owners who resented the fact that for only 12 - 18 months they owned a car that was at or very near the top of the "Don't Even Think of Pulling Up Alongside Me at The Next Red Light" pecking order and now were going to be cast into the dustbin of musclecar history.

OK.......maybe the dustbin of history part is a bit over the top. I mean this one guy appeared to REALLY be a bit hacked off knowing that his Hellcat was a full 2 sec. slower through the 1320. Two seconds...............you'd think he owned a........well a BMW or some other second rate car. Two seconds would be what an ATS-V would pull on a puny 2.0T Quattro. I think I heard one of the salemen tell this guy that this particular Dodge dealership was going to start a 12-step support group for Hellcat owners.

My dad was a weekend warrior Dodge guy and I grew up on dragstrips in Northern Ohio watching him turn in 12.4 sec. 1320's in his Crystal Blue 1969 Dodge Dart 340 Swinger in the late 60's and early 70's so I love the Hellcat and will love the Demon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTY...........The passenger front seat delete is a 1 cent option.

#45 ·
Straight line racing only? Not my cup of tea. But...I love FCA efforts to "Hellcat all the things!" lately.

IMO, if you're gonna have your feelings hurt by not being the fastest, you're in for a long day as a car enthusiast. What's gonna happen when he gets smoked by the latest EV creation? He's looking at it all wrong. Just enjoy these last glory days of the ICE. We as car enthusiasts have it quite good with all the great options out there right now...

I'm looking forward to the SRT (6.4L) Durango. Should depreciate/be forgotten completely when they finally come out with the Hellcat version. Wish GM would drop the LT4 in their SUV's...

#47 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is nothing like the smell of burning Nitro Methane on a Sunday morning at Dragway 42 in Northern Ohio. But.....In my old age I have learned to appreciate a car that can also handle the twisties.

In the everyday real world of being a car guy / gearhead etc. and owning a V, M, AMG...........or Evo or STi what do you have available to fullfill your need for speed? The result of this reality is the fact Youtube has hundreds (thousands?) of straight line competition videos filmed on the Interstate's of this nation involving the all cars mentioned above. I wish I had a penny for every Si, STi or Evo w/ a 20 something male at the wheel that pulls up next to me (after changing lanes 15x) and wants to race.........you guessed it..... in a straight line.....what other option do they have? Three beeps of the horn and a guy w/ an iphone riding shotgun and you are off.

Straight line racing will always be the deciding factor as to who is the Alpha Male at the local cruise in or car show.....IMHO:bouncy:

Edit:.....To be fair it's not just SI's STi's or Evo's changing lanes 15x it's also the guys in the M's and AMG's.

#49 ·
On the street? Of course straight line... Youtube videos? Stoplight racing? Yes, these are the pinnacles of car enthusiast ownership...ha!

I live in brodozer acres, so I'm familiar with the mindset of straight line racing... Ah yes, the alpha male car owner...didn't realize we were in a race to the bottom of the automotive enthusiast ranks.

I'll take a Miata or my Evo to an autocross/HPDE and appreciate handling, IMO, that's real racing.

Of course there is an appeal to a faster 0-60 time, heck, I wouldn't want an ATS-V otherwise...but it's handling is incredible, THAT has my attention. A GT-R was my dream car for a long time, maybe still is, but yeah modern sporty cars have come so far...

#51 ·
HPDE = Real racing?..........not so sure about that but it can be fun if you can find a track that will actually let you on it w/o it costing an arm and and a leg.

But it will NEVER be as fun as having your ass pressed into the drivers seat under 1.5 g's (.3g w/ a Miata or Evo) after you let the horsies out of the barn.:cool2:

#55 ·
Don't know about the DMV's but in general for us Buckeyes and especially those here in Dayton, OH and the Huffman Prairie, WPAFB area where sustained flight was finally perfected it is a bone of contention.

Wilbur and Orville spent 10 years here working out the details in Dayton and drag their results to NC to try it out at Kill Devil Hill and NC tells the world they are first in flight.:banghead: