Cadillac Owners Forum banner

OK, Caddi lovers. Please help me find a '16 Lease.

680 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ben.gators 
#1 ·
Of course price is the major concern... I'm actually not an options happy person, I'm willing to live without major things..
Wants: (primarily) (wife wants stick [atta girl] and prefers the Sedan, I'll take either.

Velocity Red
Midnight wheels
HUD
Stick
(stock seats are OK with me)
Proper stereo.

I do NOT need CUE or Navi, but if its there with a great price I'll take it. I really don't want to pay for it though.

The initial down payments on Caddi's website is out of control. $6xxx.00+ is about 5,000 more than I'm willing to outlay.

Please help me guys. I can justify a reasonable lease, I'd love to get in the car, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a lease.

Thank you all for your efforts.

See less See more
#2 ·
In practice many put much less down payment, and some have done zero down (of course they pay the first month). Don't let Cadi's website discourage you. It is not a house that you have to put down 20%. All Vs come with CUE. And they all have proper stereo. So no worries on that. There are not many manual ATS-Vs out there. And red is another uncommon color. So you are trying to have two uncommon things at the same time. It makes it a little hard. I did a search on cargurus, and there is just one manual red V sedan listed there, and it is located in Florida:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=136114782

You might have to be more flexible on the color! HUD is an option, but there is a good percentage of Vs that have that. So it is doable.

#3 ·
Can you explain to me more about the $ down adjustment? I don't mind paying the first month upfront.
How can the due at lease signing be circumvented? It's extremely expensive.
I live in NY, maybe someone could refer me to someone?
The red is pretty important, but NO combination is a deal breaker. If I can justify a proper monthly payment without getting killed on money down (anything due up front) I can go auto/manual. Couple, Sedan etc etc. I just dont want to pay for a fully loaded car.

#7 ·
There is nothing special about down payment. It is a part of your total amount that you will end up paying to lease this car, and you pay it upfront rather than being distributed over the course of lease. So technically speaking you are not paying more. You just paying upfront. Pay more down payment and then less monthly payment, or the other way around.

#4 ·
I purchased my V but with my other 5 leases, I've never put more down than just the first payment. It makes zero sense since my leases have always included gap coverage. There is of course some interest charges but not enough for me to justify it.

My must haves included:

Sedan
Manual
Black
Recaros
Luxury package

It also came with:

Carbon fiber
PDR
Sunroof
Gold calipers

After getting it, the carbon fiber is a must have as well.

It took some searching but I just picked it up last month. 16s are disappearing off the dealer lots now though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.