Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Information Request: Taking apart the ATS center console

782 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  1wayjonny 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had advice / pictures / guide on taking the ATS (V or NOT) center console apart. I did not get the suede steering wheel and shifter and ordered the parts for a good cost and want to replace the leather shifter and boot and replace it the newly purchased suede version which I got for $135.

I was excited to take the car home and the one on the floor did not have it and I took it home and regret it daily. Either way I have the part and looking for guidance in getting into the console with as much ease as possible.

I think any instructions for the normal ATS would be the same as the V.

Thanks,

Jonny

#4 ·
So is this a vendor post disguised as a member because its extremely sales pitchy... FYI i looked at the cost on the part and the $135 is the same cost your dealer gets it for and although they probably dont want to sell it for that you could probably still get it for around the same price (after whatever chevyparts shipping is, i didnt want to create an account to see) and support your local dealer.

#5 ·
No, you are reaching man.

I think that anyone here that purchased an ATS-V has the intelligence to understand the PART can be ordered from any dealer. I was happy to post this because my "local" dealer wants to charge $180 with ZERO return policy, additionally my local dealer could only find the boot and not the steering wheel. I found this site which has a good price and I can return it along with the suede steering wheel I ordered.

I do not think you should patronize my decision to order from ANY online store vs. my "local" dealer which was charging more (which is OK) and could not find the suede steering wheel after 2 days. I found this site by google search and its just easy for me to deal with.

I was also surprised how they did a better job showing the trim then Cadillac on their own website with the 360 view. It is not easy getting pictures of what the trims looked like, especially the carbon fiber with red. After seeing the close ups of the trim, I am happy with the stock trim.

Back on track of the topic, if anyone has information about how to take the console apart that would be helpful. I am having the local dealer install the wheel but I do not mind doing the boot myself.

#6 ·
I ordered the suede shifter for the manual and for the steering wheel and I was told by my dealer that it was actually a dealer installed item. Same goes for the different door/dash trims. So there's probably some way to take all that apart if you have the right tools and the information. Is there a Chilton's guide out yet for these cars? Is it the same as the standard ATS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.