Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Will the new ATS-V be an 11 sec. car?

7K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  Djason 
#1 ·
With the new horsepower rating upgrade and the video of the ATS-V going from 0-138-0...it appears to be very fast.

Does anyone predict it will run in the 11's in the quarter?

#10 ·
#12 ·
I'm 2 miles from Royal Purple Raceway (formerly Houston Raceway Park). When I take delivery later in the year I'll be sure to put it through it's paces in the fall.
Fantastic track with plenty of track rentals through the year with groups of friends. With enough seat time I should be able to squeeze everything it has to give.
Would love to see 11's but with the weight/hp and stock tires...not so sure.

#18 ·
I never saw the time slip, but I believe it. Some other folks (at the same tuner) have had poor results from tuning the LF3. I guess it is still a work in progress?

Most interesting is that the 11.9 tuner also claims their "tunes" cannot be seen by GM. I've always wondered if that part could be true?

#19 ·
Yea. The trifecta tune is about the only one out there, and the torque curve is hideous. Nonetheless, there is a fella on this board that claims the 11.9.

It'll be interesting if the lf4 gains any traction with aftermarket tuners beyond which the vsport did. I fear not, given that the ats v is even more expensive and likely fewer produced. No demand/no supply, and all that.

#27 ·
I have the Vsport running 11.9. i posted my time slips on the Vsport section of this forum. Also, check instagram. My car also went 12.72 at 112.7 stock. I have no doubt that an Auto ATSv will be able to run 11's stock. 200 pounds lighter with another 6psi from the factory. It'll do it. with a tune it'll be a 500whp+ car depending on what those turbos can puff out.

#34 ·
Wow, that is more like it !!!! Hooray for the ATS-V
Way better that the manual test I saw first:
C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 4.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.9 sec
Zero to 120 mph: 13.7 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 9.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 6.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.6 sec @ 115 mph
Top speed (drag ltd, mfr's claim): 185 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 154 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.97 g

FUEL ECONOMY:

EPA city/highway driving: 16/24* mpg
C/D observed: 20 mpg
*C/D estimated.

TEST NOTES:
Performance Tractions Management's launch control returned consistent 4.5-second runs to 60 mph. We beat the computers by launching from 3500 rpm and modulating the throttle until the tires hooked up.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-cadillac-ats-v-coupe-test-review

#33 ·
Holy hell! That car is fast.....no matter which way you go accelerate, stop, left, or right....that car Thinks it's a plastic surgeon the way it wants to rearrange your face

----------

I can forgive the interior this time around you can see giant jumps in quality from V1, to V2, to current ATS/CTS....The 2020/2021 CT3-V better not give an inch to Mercedes/Audi (I think they do interiors better than BMW)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.