ATS-V to be (finally!) unveiled at LA Show November 19th!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V to be (finally!) unveiled at LA Show November 19th! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; With the CTS-V to follow at Detroit, see link! http://blog.caranddriver.com/killer-...ls-at-detroit/...
    Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Exclamation ATS-V to be (finally!) unveiled at LA Show November 19th!

With the CTS-V to follow at Detroit, see link!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/killer-...ls-at-detroit/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Re: ATS-V to be (finally!) unveiled at LA Show November 19th!

Good news and I hope we get some "leaks" before then. There was a lot of old information in the article about the engine. I suspect that GM is sandbagging BMW by not disputing the TTV6 output rumors, and may be planning a surprise as it did for the V2. I'm still hoping (probably in vain) for a V8 as an option. The LS7 is an expensive, hand-built engine, but at least it's still around for the Z/28, and we wouldn't have that stupid DOD feature. Those that want it would be willing to pay for it and get the great sound of a NA V8. Hey, purists should get what they want, too. And please no flakey, fake engine noise in the cabin.
    Jud

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

The ATS-V test videos sound like a TTV6. I'll go ahead and get the CTS-V, with a proper engine (supercharged V8). The CTS-V won't need any fake engine noise either, judging by the test videos.

Still, I think the ATS-V will be a great looking and performing car. I'm just afraid it's going to come up short of the M3 right out the gates, unless GM really turned up the wick on that 3.6 TT.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime
    The ATS-V test videos sound like a TTV6. I'll go ahead and get the CTS-V, with a proper engine (supercharged V8). The CTS-V won't need any fake engine noise either, judging by the test videos. Still, I think the ATS-V will be a great looking and performing car. I'm just afraid it's going to come up short of the M3 right out the gates, unless GM really turned up the wick on that 3.6 TT.
    Yeah, the videos did highlight a V6 (ugh) but there could have been other cars on the track. We don't need a "me too" engine. Leaders don't have to be on the same page. The American approach is best.
    Jud

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Leaders are NEVER on the same page... That wouldn't make them a LEADER now would it!!

I know C & D has 'insider' access... And I want these unveilings to be accurate. I believe I called these releases in another post ;-)

But why no mention of where the news was discovered? Or who, named or unnamed, leaked the info?

Speculative a little? Similar to what I GUESSED? You have more resources/access available to you esteemed car periodical. :-)

I'll believe it when I see it C & D.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Guess the only question now is what hp rating will GM give it?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Don't you mean SAE?

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Don't you mean SAE?
    I mean, GM can dial up or down on the boost to adjust output hp, and "yes," they'll test it according to SAE procedures.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Another article saying the same.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...detroit-report

I bet the MSRP is 54995 base ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by zinner View Post
    ... I bet the MSRP is 54995 base ATS-V
    Went to get the oil changed in my wife's SRX the other day, and while I waited I walked through the showroom and looked at the cars. There was a CTS Vsport stickered at $71k. Could an ATS-V at $55k seem proportional?

With GM's rash of overpricing these Cadillacs... Probably $59k. Fully optioned hopefully stops at $67k.

59 stacks should get you:

Digital configurable gauges (V specific cluster)
    eLSD
    8-speed auto (no charge manual)
    Dual mode exhaust (wide open with V setting)
    Microfiber/leather interior
    6 piston front/four piston rear Brembos
    CUE with navigation

Options?????

Carbon brakes
    Carbon interior
    Sunroof
    Graphite wheels
    Graphite grilles

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Went to get the oil changed in my wife's SRX the other day, and while I waited I walked through the showroom and looked at the cars. There was a CTS Vsport stickered at $71k. Could an ATS-V at $55k seem proportional?
    The CTS-Vsport base MSRP is 59,995. Since the ATS-V is gonna have the same powertrain I don't think it's too far outta the ball park. I guess it depends how crazy they get, maybe they do the same pricing/option structure and have an ATS-V base and ATS-V premium for 10k more?

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

At these kind of prices there are many other options available.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    At these kind of prices there are many other options available.
    That's debatable as of yet, we need to wait till next year. The Audi S4 isn't in the same performance league and the RS4 still isn't coming stateside. The AMG C63 is a Coupe only, the sedan isn't been for sale yet.

So the M3 and the ISF are the main competition.

And we don't have final pricing yet. Either way, when it comes to 400-500hp, RWD, and a small/midsize sedan, there actually aren't that many options until you leave the luxury segment.

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, Luxury
    Even if you do leave the luxury market what are some options of a 400-500hp small to mid size sedan with RWD in the $65K and lower? Not to call anyone out, just literally sitting here having a tough time coming up with some.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.