Another ATS-V Coupe sighting...and mention of a "V8 ATS-V+"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bruff1977
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Another ATS-V Coupe sighting...and mention of a "V8 ATS-V+" in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Nothing new really, but even rumours of a V8 version is nice to hear http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_spied...tailpipes.html...
    Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Another ATS-V Coupe sighting...and mention of a "V8 ATS-V+"

Nothing new really, but even rumours of a V8 version is nice to hear

http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_spied...tailpipes.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Another ATS-V Coupe sighting...and mention of a "V8 ATS-V+"

Came here to start a new thread with this nugget, but Ancient Mariner beat me to it!

So, the marketing folks must've gotten involved and said they don't want to call the V6TT-powered ATS a "Vsport" but instead want to call it an ATS-V with the more powerful version (if true) to be a V8-powered "ATS-V+." Sounds limited production to me. Can't wait to see some performance numbers.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Yea don't understand the possible naming weirdness, but as long as they make it! The new Camaro is on slate too for a 2016 model year run, sized more towards the ATS than the CTS, so maybe a coupe only version for a V8 ATS-V? And leave the TT V6 for the sedan? Just brainfarting...

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    My logic is the V coupe AND sedan should be at the top of the ATS pyramid. The 'V Plus' rhetoric frankly diminishes the legacy of the V series models.

I'm getting the twin turbo V6 when I know the V8 will come out in a year or so... SAID NO ONE EVER.
    rand49er likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

I don't know how I feel about that gap between the top of the rear tires and the fender.

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post

I'm getting the twin turbo V6 when I know the V8 will come out in a year or so... SAID NO ONE EVER.
    I would... SAID I.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

The "V8" mention is them linking back to an old article of theirs from January. Self-referencing rumors is kinda sad, and reaches a new low in my mind. But this is old news. As is this mule - its been seen before now.

Just like the 2nd gen CTS-V mules, GM is VERY careful to keep the exhaust note and engine note away from public eyes and ears. They aren't willing to let anyone know what the thing sounds like until its unveiled.

The "V+" isn't a bad idea - but not till Cadillac finishes the ATS, CTS, and Omega lineups and makes them stable. THEN play.

Bushidopupil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (V)icious Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u
    The "V8" mention is them linking back to an old article of theirs from January. Self-referencing rumors is kinda sad, and reaches a new low in my mind. But this is old news. As is this mule - its been seen before now. Just like the 2nd gen CTS-V mules, GM is VERY careful to keep the exhaust note and engine note away from public eyes and ears. They aren't willing to let anyone know what the thing sounds like until its unveiled. The "V+" isn't a bad idea - but not till Cadillac finishes the ATS, CTS, and Omega lineups and makes them stable. THEN play.
    Not quite on the (what the thing sounds like) idea.
    Here is the Gen 3 CTS-V WOT
    [url=http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/04/cadillac-cts-v-spied-is-it-turbocharged-or-supercharged/]2015 Cadillac CTS-V Spy Video: Hear The Engine | GM Authority

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.