The new M4, Now with More Prius!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, The new M4, Now with More Prius! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://jalopnik.com/does-the-new-bmw...ius-1563390094 Here's a clear video of the new BMW M4 starting up and revving its twin-turbo straight six. And here's ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

The new M4, Now with More Prius!

http://jalopnik.com/does-the-new-bmw...ius-1563390094

Here's a clear video of the new BMW M4 starting up and revving its twin-turbo straight six. And here's an onlooker saying it sounds like his Prius.
    I'll be the first to say it, it sounds awful, at least here, now, in that video.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

oggie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T, 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi

Re: The new M4, Now with More Prius!

I see your getting that post count up there man, keep up the good work. I might be mistaken, but I thought I was in the technical discussion section for the Cadillac ATS.

TyH2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Sounds awful.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    A Prius? No. More like a sub 100cc scooter.
    M5eater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    A Prius? No. More like a sub 100cc scooter.
    it's raspy as cat infact!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by oggie View Post
    I see your getting that post count up there man, keep up the good work. I might be mistaken, but I thought I was in the technical discussion section for the Cadillac ATS.
    Is this the same Oggie that got upset when that same poster said one of your posts was boring?

Reminder to ALL: If someone thinks a post breaks a rule or is in the wrong forum, etc. CLICK the report button and tell the moderators who will take the appropriate action. Do NOT flame or otherwise take the law into your own hands.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Is this the same Oggie that got upset when that same poster said one of your posts was boring?

Reminder to ALL: If someone thinks a post breaks a rule or is in the wrong forum, etc. CLICK the report button and tell the moderators who will take the appropriate action. Do NOT flame or otherwise take the law into yourr own hands.
    That said, why is the post still in this section?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post

Reminder to ALL: If someone thinks a post breaks a rule or is in the wrong forum, etc. CLICK the report button and tell the moderators who will take the appropriate action. Do NOT flame or otherwise take the law into yourr own hands.

Yup it's me! HD my intentions were not to take the law into my own hands. I just made a point that the thread was in the wrong section. Yes I might have been flaming M5eater a little. I will apologize to you! for that. I consider myself warned. I can see where a newbie like myself would make the mistake of posting in the wrong section or breaking a rule or two before he gets this forum figured out. But I find it hard to believe that a member with a 4500+ post count would be making the same mistakes.

With all due respect as you have treated me fair up until now, and I appreciate that. The time was found to slap my hands. But like carpenter says why is the thread still up in this section?

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    That said, why is the post still in this section?
    Yes, I meant to put it into the ATS-V section.

My take away from this is, as has been hinted; it's not about what thread should go where. It was much more than what has been made public and I've responded by adding to my ignore list.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post

My take away from this is, as has been hinted; it's not about what thread should go where. It was much more than what has been made public and I've responded by adding to my ignore list.
    yeah nothing against you at all. (I put one in the wrong section myself before) Just curious as to the process the mods use when a thread is not in the correct section. He was saying to use the report button which is obviously the right process, but just seems odd that a mod would post in the thread but not actually move it to the correct forum once it was identified.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post

Trust me, it would have been made public if I was allowed too. As it is anyone that can read knows that I have an infraction. The funny thing is that I have been a member of the m109r motorcycle riders forum since 2007 with a very active member status. In all that time in discussions with some being heated, communicating with a lot of hard-core bikers with huge egos and attitudes. I have never had my hands slapped nor have I received any infractions to date.

So you must be in a class of your own. You seem to have brought the worst out in me and I am embarrassed that I let you get to me. As of right now I do not even know if I am breaking a rule by posting these comments ( go figure). If I am breaking a rule, I'm sure that I will be punished accordingly. If this happens, this will be the last post from me on this forum.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me learn so much about my ATS. There are a lot of very intelligent members here who are more than willing to share their knowledge, and this is what I thought a forum was all about.

Peace Out
    Ogg

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Just curious as to the process the mods use when a thread is not in the correct section. He was saying to use the report button which is obviously the right process, but just seems odd that a mod would post in the thread but not actually move it to the correct forum once it was identified.
    It wasn't moved because there is no forum it is an exact match to. Remember reporting a post does not guarantee a specific action or even any action beyond explaining why no action was needed. These forums do NOT have strict enforcement regarding being on topic because that is not what our members expect and not what the owners expect. So when a thread titled "New M4, now with more Prius" is posted we assume that anyone not interested in an M4 or a Prius won't open it unless they felt it might be of interest to them.

That said, now that the OP says they meant to post in the ATS-V forum I am moving it there. It is not strictly on topic there either but I am not going to micromanage the on topic value of a thread if the subject gives fair warning of the content. Same with off-topic posts unless they get out of control in volume.

Collectively members are much more comfortable with a small percent of off topic posts than they are with any rudeness or flaming. And the members are allowed to self regulate that to some extent as was the case when M5 was rude to Oggie. The members gently made it clear they didn't like how M5 handled the situation. If that didn't happen, a moderator might talk to the poster but you would be surprised how some people get a chip on their shoulder when told by a person of authority to back off when they accept the same message from the general population.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Don't go anywhere. I have infractions and stick around. Multiple infractions. Just like in real life. Just be who you are and keep it movin:
    Quote Originally Posted by oggie View Post
    [/B]

Trust me, it would have been made public if I was allowed too. As it is anyone that can read knows that I have an infraction. The funny thing is that I have been a member of the m109r motorcycle riders forum since 2007 with a very active member status. In all that time in discussions with some being heated, communicating with a lot of hard-core bikers with huge egos and attitudes. I have never had my hands slapped nor have I received any infractions to date.

So you must be in a class of your own. You seem to have brought the worst out in me and I am embarrassed that I let you get to me. As of right now I do not even know if I am breaking a rule by posting these comments ( go figure). If I am breaking a rule, I'm sure that I will be punished accordingly. If this happens, this will be the last post from me on this forum.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me learn so much about my ATS. There are a lot of very intelligent members here who are more than willing to share their knowledge, and this is what I thought a forum was all about.

Peace Out
    Ogg

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

"The ultimate driving machine" sounds like a Prius! LoL

Who has put that plate on the car? BMW itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    "The ultimate driving machine" sounds like a Prius! LoL

Who has put that plate on the car? BMW itself?
    It might be a dealership thing. Kelly BMW and Checkard flag do it all the time. It's hilarious because sometimes they also throw them on the Jags/P-cars when I run up to get parts for the Audi

Must be an inside joke thing there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.