Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just have a hunch

7K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  M5eater 
#1 ·
Think Cadillac is going to go 3.6TT in ATS-V and call it a day. I think there gonna save big 8 for new CTS-V, take easy road and go turbo 6 in the ATS. (Which I have nooooo problem with, great set-up) But I may be way off. Just seems like they would have ATS-V figured out (from CTS V sport) and would be logical motor for ATS-V, and focus on CTS-V power plant.

#5 ·
It's so late in the ATSs life. If they don't intro the V at NY, they're crazy. The ugly Lexus rc-f and the m3/4 debut at Detriot. It's GM's turn. Anyway, auto show opens to the press on Wednesday I believe. And I already have tickets myself. My gf and I are going this Friday. We'll see.

#12 ·
There must be a huge internal debate which way to go with this car because that can be the only reason things have ground to a halt on this car. Hell, even the CTS-V looks farther along. Think about it, when's the last time we've seen any spy shots on the ATS-V? As has been posted elsewhere, GM is rumored to be weighing rear-wheel vs AWD, twin turbo vs V8 vs some non-GM 3.2 (remember that rumor?!) and all the combinations in between. So frustrating. And for enthusiasts, a huge break in the momentum for this brand.

#13 ·
I really don't think there's been much internal debate regarding All vs Rear wheel drive. Cadillac has made it well known that their focus has been about BMW and fun to drive cars. Both goals somewhat mutually exclude the possibility of an AWD performance car.

Engine selection, and fine tuning to ensure that they best BMW are a completely different matter. This car is critical to their success for the next decade given 3 series sales is what's driving BMW, and has driven them for the last 30 years, and the ATS, not the CTS, is what's going to get their foot in the door for Europe.

When you consider that GM is investing in Cadillac to offset SUV sales and get it's share of the lucrative luxury car market, and that said market is driven 90% by image, this makes a perfect V even more important.

If they don't get this car as damn near perfect as they're capable, it's going to put a large dent in their reputation they've built up since the beginning of the 1st generation CTS, it's going to put a detriment for their global aspirations which are already somewhat weak willed, and it's going to turn people off.

Cadillac knocked the ball out of the park so hard with the 2nd generation V that I fear the monster has awoken on the new F80 and Cadillac is having trouble trying to tame the beast again. BMW has gone so far as to use lithium ion car batteries in the M3, which sort of tells me that they've gone to a ''whatever it takes'' kind of way at making that car.

#15 ·
I think the engineers and developers have pushed back the ATS-V release because they are taking a 'no holds barred' approach. I require THE BEST ATS-V available... Not a lot of options. No need for a 'plus' model. This car should and hopefully will be of epic proportion, like the Z06 and the Z28. It should be the greatest car on the Alpha chassis.

#19 ·
Should we next put our hopes on Beijing?! lol. KIDDING.

I'd be surprised if we see something at all this year quite frankly. Sure, they could do an Escalade-esque special launch but why do that when they've had the potential for millions of eyeballs and the world's journalists ready to spread the world?

LA? Seems like that's the CTS-V launch. And I think Cadillac knows full well that they couldn't do 2 V's at once. Perhaps they're waiting for MCE in calendar 2015 and do a January 2015 Detroit Auto Show reveal/launch. Sigh. Oh well.

#24 ·
Now that all of us patiently waiting for the ATS V introduction are bitterly disappointed again what next?If we look at the intro for the ATS & the 2014 CTS we can see that there was plenty of info available before they were introduced,and it was pretty much correct.The recent total silence by Cadillac on the ATS V leads me to believe that they don't know what to do.I think they are trying to evaluate the lack of sales on the CTS and come up with a new price that won't require huge discounts to sell them.Until they solve this problem it will be very difficult to price the ATS V.In the meantime I will bide my time and keep looking elseware for a replacement for my 550I.

#25 ·
For the ATS and CTS we knew a bit more than this yes, but if traditional 'V' releases are to be considered, we basically knew nothing at all right up until they were made public.

I think what we can assume, is these very open vertical V shapped grilles are what we will see on production cars. I've heard people assume they're just 'test' grille's, but that's not how product engineering works for aerodynamics.

If you look @ the 09 V spy photos, it was a pretty accurate representation of the final production unit;

#27 ·
Well they had the new escalade, cts, ats, srx, xts, a cts-v coupe. Basically their lineup. And they had the new ats coupe on a turntable, pretty nice. And an Elmiraj was roped off. Beauty. That was Cadillac.

I didn't get to sit in the escalade because there were a bunch of 8 year olds considering one so they had to get their seat time in and I wasn't waiting.

There were also plenty of pre-teens strongly considering the maseratis as their next purchase. I made it into those cars though. So nice.

That's the most annoying part of it. But I guess it's good to see youngsters excited about cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.