I'm not saying I'd make love to F80, but I'd made love to F80
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoosier Daddy
  • 1 Post By M5eater
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, I'm not saying I'd make love to F80, but I'd made love to F80 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; In Yas Marina blue, with the carbon ceramic brakes. http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=960105 The ATS-V will have to be something pretty special, because ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I'm not saying I'd make love to F80, but I'd made love to F80

In Yas Marina blue, with the carbon ceramic brakes.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=960105

The ATS-V will have to be something pretty special, because estoral blue with those brakes in that interior color is ****ing sexy.

The only color combination that cadillac offers right now that interests me would be White Diamond(opulent a close second) on red, and frankly that doesn't hold a candle to Yas Marina.

This is exactly why Cadillac needs more 'special' color choices.

Supersonic in the V2 was a great move, but too little too late.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Re: I'm not saying I'd make love to F80, but I'd made love to F80

Horsepower alone won't make the ATS-V. It's going to need an amazing set of paint choices, unique bodywork, interior upgrades, suspension upgrades...

...and brakes the size of satellite dishes. Gorram those rotors are HUGE. They almost look comically oversized thanks to the painted calipers.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Nice color. Really lightens up in the sun. I like the colors in the interior but not the design. Exterior design is pretty nice.

I think in addition to expanding their lineup, Cadillac needs

1. To work on reigning in some of their rouge dealers that make it their business to deface the Cadillac name. Even the good ones need work. It needs to be a substantial change. Cadillac dealers need to be known for incredible customer service.

2. More customization options. Luxury=choices. Have you ever tried to build a Maserati granturismo on their site? Or a ferrari? Granted, these are extremes.. but along these lines.

2. More customization options. Luxury=choices. Have you ever tried to build a Maserati granturismo on their site? Or a ferrari? Granted, these are extremes.. but along these lines.
    They have improved since the 2nd generation CTS by a lot, some of the reason they have not gone farther than they did was to maintain quality control(according to them) and keep costs low(this is a brand new platform which is hugely expensive), and additionally I find that the germans don't necessarily have more boutique option choices but rather have more options.

There are 3-4 different levels of leather trims available in the 3 series, in 10 different color choices(I'm just guesstimating here), for example. Then you can select the accent trim separately, which you can also do with Cadillac it just costs an arm and a leg.

There are exceptions. The CTS-V sport is a prime example. I just really hope that's not an indication of what's to come with the V cars, because there are options they have on both cars I absolutely do not want and don't want to have to pay $10,000 for a damn sunroof.

That's definitely where BMW does it better. The order sheets for the F80 even allow you to avoid their dynamic ride control and go with plain jane shocks and struts, I have to question how good that is given they now have to tune 2 separate suspension systems, but for someone looking for a very bare-bones equipped car, that's great.

----------

Also

even the ****ing battery? Are you kidding me?

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=964593

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    even the ****ing battery? Are you kidding me?

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=964593

Fast forward a few years:

Owner: Hello, xxxxx Insurance claims? Someone stole the battery out of my car. What do you mean you're totaling the car?
    M5eater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Fast forward a few years:

Owner: Hello, xxxxx Insurance claims? Someone stole the battery out of my car. What do you mean you're totaling the car?
    Or;
    Owner; Hello, xxxxx Insurance? My car burnt to the ground and it was the li-ion battery that overheated.

You can *not* charge these things like regular batteries, they *will* explode.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Bet they won't have those at Pep Boys! Hope it's just another expensive option. Porsche offers it as an option on the GT3, as well as light-weight headlights and AC delete, for people who do a lot of track work, but these BMWs are hardly lightweight at 3500 lb. The giant brakes are carbon ceramic too, and will cost about $9000. They also save weight and stop incredibly well when warm, but are not great when cold (usual street temperatures), can be noisy, hard to modulate, and ridiculously expensive to replace. Really only useful when tracked regularly. Saw an M3 in metallic black that didn't look nearly as cool. Did see an M4 in the same green-gold as the car in the background, which was sporty, but I thought it was overly busy in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    Bet they won't have those at Pep Boys! Hope it's just another expensive option. Porsche offers it as an option on the GT3, as well as light-weight headlights and AC delete, for people who do a lot of track work, but these BMWs are hardly lightweight at 3500 lb. The giant brakes are carbon ceramic too, and will cost about $9000. They also save weight and stop incredibly well when warm, but are not great when cold (usual street temperatures), can be noisy, hard to modulate, and ridiculously expensive to replace. Really only useful when tracked regularly. Saw an M3 in metallic black that didn't look nearly as cool. Did see an M4 in the same green-gold as the car in the background, which was sporty, but I thought it was overly busy in the flesh.
    They're not even good for consistent or frequent track purposes. Their biggest advantage is basically for the occasional racer and guy that wants to show off his $8-10K brake package. The reality is that, they are just way too expensive for consistent lapping, they *do* overheat and induce brake fade with a good driver, and you're essentially limited to OEM pads.

Let me put it this way, most professional series teams still use iron discs.

Albertan is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

I haven't posted here for a long time. I still have an original 2006 V. While waiting for the ATS to come out I needed another car to replace my wife's 2004 CTS. I ended up getting her a 2010 BMW 135i. What a fun car. I wanted something smaller and this is just great, when my wife lets me drive it. I have a number of
    older BMW hobby cars and the new F80 and really anything newer than the E46 do not excite me. Even auto journalists have been complaining that BMW have lost their way. Seems like cars just keep getting heavier. I am really looking forward to see the ATSV or I will just keep my V1 forever. I also have a hybrid E36/LSX. I call it a GMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Albertan View Post
    I haven't posted here for a long time. I still have an original 2006 V. While waiting for the ATS to come out I needed another car to replace my wife's 2004 CTS. I ended up getting her a 2010 BMW 135i. What a fun car. I wanted something smaller and this is just great, when my wife lets me drive it. I have a number of
    older BMW hobby cars and the new F80 and really anything newer than the E46 do not excite me. Even auto journalists have been complaining that BMW have lost their way. Seems like cars just keep getting heavier. I am really looking forward to see the ATSV or I will just keep my V1 forever. I also have a hybrid E36/LSX. I call it a GMW.
    BMW has to grow like any company does to survive. We're reaching a point in a global market that small and even mid-sized automotive companies are going to be snuffed out or plain bought out in the wake of decreasing profit margins and the looming threat of global vehicle sales cap as urban areas increase in size disproportionate to willing new car buyers.

The fact that Mitsubishi is discontinuing the Lancer Evo should speak volumes.

BMW is doing what Toyota and Honda have been accused of and that's trying to appeal to a wider market. When you do that, you loose a bit of what you're known for, but it's what you sometimes need to do in order to survive. If BMW continued to make minimalist cars like they did in the past, they would have probably been bought out by someone bigger than themselves, or most certainly wouldn't be the company they are today. Which is bad because the mini bubble is about to bust right in their faces.

Technically speaking, Cadillac could be accused of the same thing, it just so happens that their new direction is one most people favor, but Lincoln(and by some extension Acura) on the other hand is continuing down the road it did prior, and we can see where that's leading them; to a slow death.

prior generation 1 series is probably as close as you can get to a purists BMW in modern adaptation.

Which is also the reason why 1M's are fetching more than they retailed for on the used market.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.