ATS V Introduction Date - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS V Introduction Date in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by M5eater if you put the bugatti W16 in an ATS-V it would be brutally fast too. What ...
    ATSwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: ATS V Introduction Date

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    if you put the bugatti W16 in an ATS-V it would be brutally fast too.
    What has this statement have to do with this discussion.We are talking about engines that already exist in the Cadillac line up.It is entirely feasable that Cadillac could choose to put either the ttv6 or the supercharged v8 in the ATS.I don't think they are putting the bugatti W16 in the ats.I realize neither choice are presently available,but they certainley are possible.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ATSwannabe View Post
    after 60 mph the cts v demolishes the vsport. It turns the 1/4 at about 120mph in low 12 secs.
    While true, it begs the question of what is reasonable when talking about legal speeds on public roads (where 95% of these cars will reside). GM has to balance what the car is theoretically capable of versus what it is actually capable of with the average buyer. Yes, bragging rights are important and the water cooler talk is critical to the success of the brand, but it isn't the be-all-end-all - the ATS has to deliver as a whole package against the BMW, and throwing even one element out of line will upset the dynamics of the whole chassis - great brakes with 400hp seem amazing when pulling the car down from a 100mph burst down the long straight - but those same brakes with 600hp seem woefully inadequate when you can now hit 130mph on that same straight. Food for thought.

The ATS as it stands shouldn't exceed 500hp from the factory - I know that sounds crazy to a lot of people, but from the way the platform and chassis handles (and how rigid it ISN'T) exceeding that wouldn't be good for it and would turn alpha's weight saving engineering into a negative trait as the chassis struggled to keep the car planted coming out of a pair of climbing S's at a track like VIR. The ATS is great on a track right now - it doesn't need *that* much more power to become a real track beauty - it needs better brakes, brake cooling, engine cooling, transmission/differential cooling, and some wider rubber and a good racing seat to hold you in place.

So lots of cooling - and notice the 2015 ATS with the new Cadillac front end and its MASSIVE front grill? Coincidence? GM realized during desert testing that the ATS could heat soak it's cooling package when canyon blasting at 110F or on a track at 90F - but it was too late in the game to change it for 2013/2014.

And the ATS being the "sporty" one where the CTS is the "luxury" one? They're both sporty. The CTS can handle more lateral g's than the ATS - which I didn't expect, but there it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSwannabe
    Cadillac could choose to put either the ttv6 or the supercharged v8 in the ATS
    The decision for the ATS-V was down to the TTV6 and the N/A V8 - both offered drawbacks and both offered advantages. GM made the decision which way to go over a year ago.

The question of Cadillac having some form of "Super V" or "V-CSL" or something is to be determined - before Cadillac introduces that style of product though, they need to get Alpha secured with a full lineup of models and variations AND get a successful Omega launch down and have sales stabilize.

I wish folks were right and a 450hp ATS could be had starting in the upper 50s. That'd make me happier as I'm quite likely to trade my ATS in on one - but it's just not very realistic.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ATSwannabe View Post
    What has this statement have to do with this discussion.We are talking about engines that already exist in the Cadillac line up.It is entirely feasable that Cadillac could choose to put either the ttv6 or the supercharged v8 in the ATS.I don't think they are putting the bugatti W16 in the ats.I realize neither choice are presently available,but they certainley are possible.
    roadpie covers my other points well enough.
    The point of that post was; an LSA which is enormously heavy and fuel inefficient, has as much chance of ending up in an ATS as a W16.

I wish folks were right and a 450hp ATS could be had starting in the upper 50s. That'd make me happier as I'm quite likely to trade my ATS in on one - but it's just not very realistic.
    it better be, The F80 is starting at 62K and it's already pretty loaded.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Anybody know when Cadillac's press day is at NYIAS? The general show opens on Friday and Thursday is the charity day, making Tuesday and Weds the press introduction days. Chevy has already teased that they have 3 things to unveil. I'd be SHOCKED if Cadillac skips ATS-V intro at this show --- I'd be even more shocked if they skip it and intro the CTS-V (hell, there are wayyyy more spy photos of the CTS-V out testing with M5s and the Z06, so who knows what exactly is going on with the ATS-V?!?!)

ATSwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I don't disagree with anything that roadpie & M5eater say.I just thought that while we are all waiting around for Cadillac to give us some news on the ATS V we may as well speculate on all the possibilities.In the end I think the most likley combo will be the ttv6 at about 420hp.This is fine with me as this is what I would buy even if there were other more potent options.I grew up in the age of the Musclecars and I have had my fair share of them(61& 63 Impala,65 & 67 Chevelles,68,69 & 71 GTO,70 Corvette) all purchased new.Now that I am 74 I am willing to settle for a nice comfortable highway cruiser that gets good hiway mileage with occasional 1/4 bursts in under 13 secs.I can atest to the fact that if you are a motorhead at a young age it will never go away,you just might mellow a little.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Based upon this, there's plenty of head room for a really hot ATS-V in Cadillac's lineup with more than the LF3 powering it:

http://wot.motortrend.com/1404_cadil...vette_z06.html
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

AudiA4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avery323 View Post
    Anybody know when Cadillac's press day is at NYIAS? The general show opens on Friday and Thursday is the charity day, making Tuesday and Weds the press introduction days. Chevy has already teased that they have 3 things to unveil. I'd be SHOCKED if Cadillac skips ATS-V intro at this show --- I'd be even more shocked if they skip it and intro the CTS-V (hell, there are wayyyy more spy photos of the CTS-V out testing with M5s and the Z06, so who knows what exactly is going on with the ATS-V?!?!)
    Where in the world is the ATS V-Sport and/or ATS V? I get sick and tired of automakers delaying the sports variants by two or more years. I can't even begin to rationalize why they think this is a good strategy...what is the upside of purchasing a V model the third (or FOURTH) model year in? Why do I want to be driving an ATS-V for one year when a NEW ATS platform is announced?

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

GM still has a lot of "old" six speed auto trans that they have to get rid of.
    They told Corvette buyers they were delaying the new 8 spd trans so they could keep the 2014 orders they had. Now it's available next year.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

I'm going to plan B if we don't hear something pretty soon. That 2015 Z51 C7 with the TR 6070 is calling me.
    Jud

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I'm going to plan B if we don't hear something pretty soon. That 2015 Z51 C7 with the TR 6070 is calling me.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I didn't have this weird sense of wanting practicality and sleeper qualities, I'd be all over a C7.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I didn't have this weird sense of wanting practicality and sleeper qualities, I'd be all over a C7.
    I share your ideas, but my wife has a new Sonata and I love black cars, so maybe I won't get much attention (LOL) and have practicality covered. Too bad that Cadillac is missing this opportunity by screwing around with expected introductions, and turning away the car guys from its halo cars. We are responsible for their increased credibility in the performance arena, but maybe they don't care. There are a lot of great cars to choose from.
    Jud

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I need 4 seats and I have already had a CTS-V gen 1 and 2. Need a new fix Caddy!!!

Bushidopupil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (V)icious Coupe
    I don't know about an intro date but I have a friend that was at Milford proving grounds last Friday and was standing right next to the ATS-V. He said it looks very muscular. Hope is still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushidopupil View Post
    I don't know about an intro date but I have a friend that was at Milford proving grounds last Friday and was standing right next to the ATS-V. He said it looks very muscular. Hope is still alive!
    Any way your "friend" could find out whether it has a TTV6 or a V8? A lot of us are on the fence and don't want a buzzy engine.

Jud
    Jud

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Bushidopupil View Post
    Not questioning his veracity, but was he sure it wasn't maybe an ATS Vsport?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.