ATS V Introduction Date - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS V Introduction Date in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by ATSwannabe In a perfect world Cadillac would intro 2 versions of a ATS V(Vsport).One with the TTV6 ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: ATS V Introduction Date

Quote Originally Posted by ATSwannabe View Post
    In a perfect world Cadillac would intro 2 versions of a ATS V(Vsport).One with the TTV6 for about 55K,and one with some version of the Corvette V8 for about 65K,but I would't hold my breath while waiting.
    Both of those engines would be too close to compete with each other.

the LFX is a decent powertrain, not the best, not the worst (close to it though) but they already have it and on paper it already matches the 335i/S4. My vision of a vsport ATS is a 3.6 that plays to ATS advantages- suspension and chassis tuning, so with that it would come with with ATS-V suspension parts, an available 6MT, fatter tires, ect. the 3.6L might get re-worked a little for 5-10hp bump, but remain otherwise unchanged.

One could argue that the 3.6L/2.0L premium is already a 'vsport' with most of the above already. They come with magneride, bigger summer tires, PAL shifting, LSD, high capacity cooling, ect.

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    Well, given the M3 costs $62K, I'm still betting on 55-60K. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/31/b...nfo-m3-and-m4/
    According to that article, if you want all the bells and whistles, plan on spending around $90,000!! That's crazy. I love this sector of the market, but damn, 90K opens up a whole new variety of vehicles. Many of which I would happily replace an M3 or ATS V (if so be) for.

Quote Originally Posted by Camorri1 View Post
    According to that article, if you want all the bells and whistles, plan on spending around $90,000!! That's crazy. I love this sector of the market, but damn, 90K opens up a whole new variety of vehicles. Many of which I would happily replace an M3 or ATS V (if so be) for.
    Yeah, 90K for an Escalade buys a good range rover, Q7 X5 or ect too, and those SUV's are not based on a 30K GMT platform.

The '90K' M3 includes a $8K carbon ceramic brake package I would point out, and a $3.5K 'full leather' interior package that isn't even real leather. Those kinds of options are for idiots.

Me personally, my 'dream' M3 sedan comes with only a few things;
    The Harmon Kardon audio(I'd delete the STD nav if I could)
    the adaptive suspension
    The extended leather (maybe not even this, it depends on what it covers)
    one of the $550 metallic finishes

As spec'd , that's a $66K ish car. Which is very reasonable, and probably right where a top-trim level ATS-V is going to slot.

ATSwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Both of those engines would be too close to compete with each other.

the LFX is a decent powertrain, not the best, not the worst (close to it though) but they already have it and on paper it already matches the 335i/S4. My vision of a vsport ATS is a 3.6 that plays to ATS advantages- suspension and chassis tuning, so with that it would come with with ATS-V suspension parts, an available 6MT, fatter tires, ect. the 3.6L might get re-worked a little for 5-10hp bump, but remain otherwise unchanged.

One could argue that the 3.6L/2.0L premium is already a 'vsport' with most of the above already. They come with magneride, bigger summer tires, PAL shifting, LSD, high capacity cooling, ect.
    On paper it matches the 335 & S4 but in the real world it is not even close in acceleration figures.The German auto's must use horses while cadillac uses ponies.
    M5eater likes this.

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    Yeah, 90K for an Escalade buys a good range rover, Q7 X5 or ect too, and those SUV's are not based on a 30K GMT platform. The '90K' M3 includes a $8K carbon ceramic brake package I would point out, and a $3.5K 'full leather' interior package that isn't even real leather. Those kinds of options are for idiots. Me personally, my 'dream' M3 sedan comes with only a few things; The Harmon Kardon audio(I'd delete the STD nav if I could) the adaptive suspension The extended leather (maybe not even this, it depends on what it covers) one of the $550 metallic finishes As spec'd , that's a $66K ish car. Which is very reasonable, and probably right where a top-trim level ATS-V is going to slot.
    Yeah, I totally understand and it would be the same with me. It just blew me away when I saw that 90K figure. I'm not even sure why they offer the carbon brakes. They wouldn't be useful on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Camorri1 View Post
    Yeah, I totally understand and it would be the same with me. It just blew me away when I saw that 90K figure. I'm not even sure why they offer the carbon brakes. They wouldn't be useful on this car.
    When the press get their hands on the so equipped car and it pulls a 95' 60-0, and they drone on about 'zero fade on our test loop' it will have served it's purpose. BMW will sell you that it's a 'track capable' braking system, but the truth is that 90% of their customer base drives their $90K M3 to work every day and that's all, it's a bragging point for those owners. In the real-world though, real 'track' M3 owners go out and buy Alcon 8pot systems that cost more than a sub compact car, they don't opt for the wana-be track Ceramics from BMW. That goes with just about any serious ameature racing owner of one of these kinds of vehicles. ZR1/Z06 people switch their CC's to iron discs, so do the Porsche people, Ferrari people don't because... Ferrari, but the 458/430 lemans groups don't use CC brakes. The only vehicles that really use this technology in a professional series are the prototype cars like the Audi R15, and formula 1 and that's because they have millions of dollars at their disposal.

Ultimately that's what these are for; to Sell cars with F1 technology, I liken it to Porsche and Audi's tiptronic ZF 5speed autos from way back in the day. Back then they were garbage, but they were also a perceived giant leep in technology and drive ability to the owner.

Consumer grade CC technology is similarly best for the 'occasional' HPDE or road course owner. Someone that isn't good enough to ring out the car's full potential, someone that wants to be able to go from the street to the track without a pad/fluid change, or maybe even a tire change. In that regard they're okay. Once you start to get good though, they're hugely expensive, they modulate like crap when hot and OE systems are woefully inadequate to deal with the radiant heat these things put off.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I don't use the backseat, so if the ATS-V gets up to $63-65K I will buy a C7 and leave the Cadillac family back to my Corvette family.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I don't use the backseat, so if the ATS-V gets up to $63-63K I will buy a C7 and leave the Cadillac family back to my Corvette family.
    What is keeping you from doing this anyway?

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I always spend too much upgrading my Corvettes. There is soooo much available for them, it's like a candy store. Thought I would try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I always spend too much upgrading my Corvettes. There is soooo much available for them, it's like a candy store. Thought I would try something different.
    I'm really crossing my fingers that he alpha platform adoption for the Camaro will (eventually) mean a real explosion of aftermarket for the ATS. The V owners have been fortunate in having the LS engine to piggy back off of, but there's almost nothing in regards to the rest of the car, that car is 5 years old and I'm pretty sure there isn't even someone making a short shifter. With an LF3 ATS I suspect it will be worse, unless of course it also comes in the camaro, and I'm hopingthe camaro will be similar enough to the ATS to interchange parts.

Otherwise I just sort of see an ATS-V attracting the same kind of people like a IS-F, lots of willing enthusiasts stiffled by lack of support.

CTS NV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

The M3 configurator is now available on BMW's web site.

$62K base
    About $75K with a lot of the essential electronic gizmos and manual transmission
    +8K brakes, +2.9K dual clutch auto, gets to $86K (non-essentials IMO)

So if ATS-V comes fully loaded low $60s, it's probably a winner -- that is, if we ever see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS NV View Post
    The M3 configurator is now available on BMW's web site.

$62K base
    About $75K with a lot of the essential electronic gizmos and manual transmission
    +8K brakes, +2.9K dual clutch auto, gets to $86K (non-essentials IMO)

So if ATS-V comes fully loaded low $60s, it's probably a winner -- that is, if we ever see it.
    We've known official pricing for a while, but it's nice to play with the configurator.

I would still have my way with an M3 that is between 66-70K. none of the 'packages' are enticing or essential imo. The car is already loaded with nav and a lot of standard features.

It's either headlamps for $1900. Grandma warning systems for crappy drivers for $1900. or basically some niceties like satellite radio, HUD and backup camera garbage for $4300. Four thousand three hundred dollars. None of that is legitimately worth it. None.

It is kind of crappy that, If you want you know, anything except a white exterior and black interior car, you're going to be hit for $1500.

however,

CLOTH INTERIOR
    / end thread. M3 flawless victory.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by CTS NV View Post
    ... So if ATS-V comes fully loaded low $60s, it's probably a winner -- that is, if we ever see it.
    Agreed. But, at that price, it will no doubt come with the LF3 (and not, for example, a boosted LT1). Then, the flaw in that argument, however, is what the heck would power the ATS Vsport assuming there will be one?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Agreed. But, at that price, it will no doubt come with the LF3 (and not, for example, a boosted LT1). Then, the flaw in that argument, however, is what the heck would power the ATS Vsport assuming there will be one?
    Something like this;
    My vision of a vsport ATS is a 3.6 that plays to ATS advantages- suspension and chassis tuning, so with that it would come with with ATS-V suspension parts, an available 6MT, fatter tires, ect. the 3.6L might get re-worked a little for 5-10hp bump, but remain otherwise unchanged.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

While we are all speculating on the if/when/what engine in the ATS-V, here's a teaser from the May 2014 edition of Motor Trend:

MT CONFIDENTIAL....
    .... "Speaking of engines we like, GM is playing with our hearts. The wonderful LS-7 V-8 of Corvette Z06 and Camaro Z/28 fame is scheduled to be put down when the limited-run Z/28 goes out, but sources at GM say that's not a done deal and the engine could survive. Where? We're hoping it's the ATS-V+"

Doncha just love the "coulds" and "hoping" and belief that there will actually be an ATS-V+

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.