ATS V Introduction Date - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS V Introduction Date in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by M5eater They need a lot of things to be serious in Europe, more than what's realistic with ...
    ATSwannabe is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: ATS V Introduction Date

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    They need a lot of things to be serious in Europe, more than what's realistic with this generation of ATS.

They need the 2.5L NA, they need more manual options, they need a powertrain under the 2.5L honestly, they need lower spec'd vehicles, they need a diesel, I could go on, and on.

The 1st generation ATS I think, will be a testing of the waters for cadillac in Europe and to show people there that they can make great cars, maybe not something Europeans would actually buy because frankly the average BMW or Mercedes sale is a cheaper, more gas frugal car with fewer features(ie easier to afford) than the based model 2.5L here, and with import taxes it just can't compete.

but

It will get people talking, that, instead of failed rebadged crap like the BLS, Cadillac makes entertaining models again.

What might strike your fancy if not the ATS-V? I'm partial to the F80 myself, but I think I'll manage to restrain myself, I'm certain there will be market adjustments to them and I'm simply not willing to pay over invoice.
    Either the new mercedes c400 or if all else fails the bmw 335I with the mppk power upgrade.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Haha no biggie. I still got my hopes up for NY. I'll take pics.
    I'll be there as well. Hopefully we'll have something to take pictures of!

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 42k miles

ATS-V plated in gold wouldn't be worth anywhere close to 70k. They better stick to their original forecasted price of around 55k, or was that throwing a dart by silly write ups?

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

55k ain't gonna happen. You can spec an ATS up to damn near 55k right now. Not gonna happen.

----------

I'd say in the neighborhood of 65.

55k ain't gonna happen. You can spec an ATS up to damn near 55k right now. Not gonna happen.

----------

You are probably correct on the 65K.If you spec out a cts premium fully loaded in comes out to about 66K,almost the same as a premium vsport.We are all hoping that the ats v will spec out only slightly higher than the ats premium.Probably wishful thinking.We are hoping that they will have 2 versions of the ats v like the vsport.It wouldn,t make much sense to have a vsport priced at 60K,and then price a ats v at 65K.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

----------

It's very possible, Cadillac's already doing this within the 3rd gen CTS lineup. The MSRP difference between a base Vsport and base 3.6 is 5K, and that's *only* if you select the base trim option levels on the 3.6, if you go for performance or above you pay more for the 3.6, *and* if you want to check all of the boxes on a 3.6L, you can be within a few K striking distance of the upper trim 70K CTS-Vsport!

we know the M3/M4 will carry 62-64K MSRP's in base trim, but once dealers add-on the DCT, adaptive suspension, extended leather and 1-2 packages they'll very likely be reaching 70K+.

I would anticipate that, the ATS starts with an MSRP of 55-60K or there about, probably the lessor. The CTS-V wasn't 10K away from a very high spec'd 3.6 CTS, and their pricing schemes with the 3rd gen CTS seems to give a strong indication they want to continue to offer cheap power but maybe limit option choices like they traditionally have-- ie if you want all the goodies you're forced into a 10K trim option on the Vsport, and essentially the 2nd Gen CTS-V had 2 relevant options only; a sunroof, and the recaro seats, it was otherwise a loaded CTS.

Now, you might argue that given there's no ATS-v sport my comparison may be invalid and that's a good point, however, I would anticipate that any vsport package for the ATS would be suspension/handling upgrades rather than something as drastic as a whole new powertrain.

Fine I'll give you low 60s. I don't see it starting lower than that. We shall see.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    ... They better stick to their original forecasted price of around 55k ...
    Yup.

55k ain't gonna happen ....
    Yup.

Wait ... what?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I was just at the Atlanta Auto Show. I spoke to a Cadillac rep, who stated that the ATS-V was now "official". I kind of rolled my eyes, and then she said that it would be introduced "soon". She works for Cadillac, not a dealer. No other specifics.

Also at the show were an M3 and an M4. One couldn't get in one, or the nasty looking i3 for that matter. They were advertising around $62k for the M3, and $64 for the M4. No stickers were on either of them, but they were both loaded, including carbon ceramic brakes. I expect these particular cars were in the $80-85k range. That said, I bet the ATS-V will be in the $58-60k range for the base model, as current ATSs under-cut the equivalent 3-4 series by bout $4-5k when IDENTICALLY equipped. Plus there is no heritage with the ATS-V yet, unlike the CTS and CTS-V, so it will be hard to get BMW pricing in this new sector right away. And the CTS V-Sport is $60-72k, so they have to be careful with that, too. Just my guess. I didn't really care for the M3 and M4 styling that much. The multiple air inlets, busy grill, and bulging hood and fenders came off as too busy and overdone, compared to their past efforts. We'll see about the driving. Weight has been kept to about 3500 lb, so I expect the ATS-V to aim for this, too. I always thought the claims of 3300 lb were not possible for the normal models (I wouldn't rule out a "light weight" model, though). Automobile Magazine just tested one in comparison to the E30 and E36, and while they liked it and were "impressed" they didn't exactly gush about it. It did do 0-60 in about 4 sec, but an ATS-V with the turbo 3.6 should easily match this if the weight stays down. It will be an interesting duel, for sure.

Fine I'll give you low 60s. I don't see it starting lower than that. We shall see.
    I know we are all speculating on the price of the ATS V but I find it hard to believe it can be more than 57K as the entry price.Check the inventory at this dealer(www.faulknermotors.com).You will find an entry Vsport selling for $55,537 and a premium Vsport listing for $71,870 selling for $66774.This is without haggeling and trying to get a better deal.If you check their entire inventory of CTS's and ATS's you will find good discounts on all models.It is obvious that Cadillac is having a problem selling the CTS and the ATS without huge discounts.If they are going to introduce the ATS V with the same drivetrain as the Vsport how can they ask for a higher list price than the Vsport when the Vsport is selling for about 55K?

Unless the ATS V is introduced with a more powerful,upgraded drivetrain I don't know how Cadillac can price it higher than the CTS Vsport.I think Cadillac has a problem sloting the ATS V because of the slow sales of the new CTS.I hope this does't cause them to delay or scrap the ATS V.All thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSwannabe View Post
    I know we are all speculating on the price of the ATS V but I find it hard to believe it can be more than 57K as the entry price.Check the inventory at this dealer(www.faulknermotors.com).You will find an entry Vsport selling for $55,537 and a premium Vsport listing for $71,870 selling for $66774.This is without haggeling and trying to get a better deal.If you check their entire inventory of CTS's and ATS's you will find good discounts on all models.It is obvious that Cadillac is having a problem selling the CTS and the ATS without huge discounts.If they are going to introduce the ATS V with the same drivetrain as the Vsport how can they ask for a higher list price than the Vsport when the Vsport is selling for about 55K?

Unless the ATS V is introduced with a more powerful,upgraded drivetrain I don't know how Cadillac can price it higher than the CTS Vsport.I think Cadillac has a problem sloting the ATS V because of the slow sales of the new CTS.I hope this does't cause them to delay or scrap the ATS V.All thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.
    All good points. I still have that false hope that it won't be the ttv6 haha. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I agree with ATSwannabe. The local Caddy dealer is advertising Vsport Premiums 5k off on their website as well. Then again 10k for an options package is pretty crazy. There is a lot in the premium package to be sure, but it's not well defined as to what you are paying SO much for.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

IMO an LT1 would be cheaper and less likely to have warranty problems than a TTV6. The "old" V8 NA format is a proven one, without all the high tech turbos, etc. I hope the "V" goes this way and the price ends up around 55K.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Well, given the M3 costs $62K, I'm still betting on 55-60K.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/31/b...nfo-m3-and-m4/

All good points. I still have that false hope that it won't be the ttv6 haha. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    In a perfect world Cadillac would intro 2 versions of a ATS V(Vsport).One with the TTV6 for about 55K,and one with some version of the Corvette V8 for about 65K,but I would't hold my breath while waiting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.