Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS V Introduction Date

18K views 86 replies 21 participants last post by  roadpie4u 
#1 ·
It appears that if the ATS V is not introduced at the New York Auto show it will not be available to order for this year.For some reason it appears that Cadillac is postponing the V.I have some
thoughts on why the delay.
1-Sales of the CTS are well below expectations.Dealers in my area are offering discounts of more
than 5K on their websites without even haggeling.It looks like Cadillac has overpriced the CTS.
2-Because of the discounts being offered on the CTS,the ATS is also being discounted to maintain a differece between the models.I believe that Cadillac doesn't want to introduce the ATS V at this time because of the downward price pressure.
I think Cadillac made a marketing mistake by offering the Vsport drivetrain in the CTS first.It
should have offered the Vsport drivetrain in the ATS because it appeals to the younger more
sport & performance minded buyers than the CTS buyers who tend more towards luxury.

#65 ·
I don't disagree with anything that roadpie & M5eater say.I just thought that while we are all waiting around for Cadillac to give us some news on the ATS V we may as well speculate on all the possibilities.In the end I think the most likley combo will be the ttv6 at about 420hp.This is fine with me as this is what I would buy even if there were other more potent options.I grew up in the age of the Musclecars and I have had my fair share of them(61& 63 Impala,65 & 67 Chevelles,68,69 & 71 GTO,70 Corvette) all purchased new.Now that I am 74 I am willing to settle for a nice comfortable highway cruiser that gets good hiway mileage with occasional 1/4 bursts in under 13 secs.I can atest to the fact that if you are a motorhead at a young age it will never go away,you just might mellow a little.

#71 ·
M5eater said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I didn't have this weird sense of wanting practicality and sleeper qualities, I'd be all over a C7.
I share your ideas, but my wife has a new Sonata and I love black cars, so maybe I won't get much attention (LOL) and have practicality covered. Too bad that Cadillac is missing this opportunity by screwing around with expected introductions, and turning away the car guys from its halo cars. We are responsible for their increased credibility in the performance arena, but maybe they don't care. There are a lot of great cars to choose from.

#73 ·
I don't know about an intro date but I have a friend that was at Milford proving grounds last Friday and was standing right next to the ATS-V. He said it looks very muscular. Hope is still alive!

#76 ·
From what I've heard recently, GM is pulling an "old GM" move and the reason we haven't seen any higher performance ATS's is that they're worried about the sales and public acceptance of the ATS Coupe - any high-power ATS would steal attention in the press that they want the ATS Coupe to deliver. If sources are to be believed, they could have shown something at NY, but are waiting till the rags get and review the ATS Coupe.

I asked if lackluster sales on the ATS Coupe would shelve any ATS-V (coupe or sedan) and was told that it was a possibility.

...which is stupid. Just as stupid as having the rear end of the ATS Coupe share no common exterior parts with the sedan (but you can share the front clip, that's okay!). That's a heck of a lot of tooling and engineering that needs to be paid for - and until you get the cars side by side you can't even tell there's a difference - on the CTS it made sense, but not on the ATS which has a smaller profit margin per vehicle and the rear end geometry is virtually identical.

Even worse is every rag reviewer out there is going to copy/paste the article they wrote on the ATS Sedan unless GM somehow messes up the suspension calibration. If you hate one you'll hate the other. If you like one, you'll probably like the other...

#77 ·
My friend did tell me that the hood was closed on the ATS-V and it was still wearing the black/white camo stuff and the guys were working on the interior. He also told me that the GM engineers have tested the LF3 to 575 crank hp, for durability. Which engine will the ATS-V get...who knows, but my guess is on a 450-475hp version of the LF3 to directly compete with the M3.

#86 ·
Avery323 said:
Interesting article that basically says no V anything this year, meaning ATS-V will be next year as we've all been (sadly) concluding. Soooooo, unveiled in Detroit, on sale in the spring of 2015? Sigh. http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/cadillac-debuts-special-edition-2015.html
That special edition CTS-V2 coupe is nothing to snooze at. One new V should be unveiled at Los Angeles and the other at NAIAS. Either way, it's looking like the ATS-V coupe AND sedan will be unveiled together.

#87 ·
ATS-V Sedan/Coupe in NYIAS. The Camaro NEEDS to appear at Detroit, and even if it does it'll still be a year behind the Mustang. It needs to get out or risk losing market share and can't afford a delay.

If it were me? GM needs to push product out the door faster, and they need to have constant and continual reveals at shows. GM needs to steal WAY more thunder than they're doing right now. Cadillac in particular MUST do this to gain global momentum. The one exception is the reveal of a new Camaro or Corvette, as those have so much press attention that they take the magazine covers by storm.

CTS-V (LA)
Camaro (Detroit)
______ (Chicago)
ATS-V Sedan/Coupe (NY)

In Chicago if the CTS Coupe has been green-lit for production that's where it goes. If not, come up with an ATS VSport and show that. If GM isn't going to do that, then I'd say an ATS Wagon mock-up. If GM isn't green-lighting ANY of those for production, make something up.

Then in LA late 2015 show off Omega.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.