Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://wot.motortrend.com/1401_cadil..._turbo_v6.html Note the ATS-V+ getting a V8, probably in 2017. Also says that the Gen 3 CTS-V is getting a ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6

http://wot.motortrend.com/1401_cadil..._turbo_v6.html

Note the ATS-V+ getting a V8, probably in 2017.

Also says that the Gen 3 CTS-V is getting a TT LT1, not the LT4 in the Z06.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6

If true, this is disappointing. I don't want to wait until 2017 for something superior to the new BMW M3/4.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by VCONVERT View Post
    If true, this is disappointing. I don't want to wait until 2017 for something superior to the new BMW M3/4.
    LOL, the car does not even exist yet, and you've given up on it entirely, based on the HP rating?

I dunno about that...
    rand49er, Jagular and Ragtop 99 like this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

isn't that the same thing they said a year ago when they had no real info to go on (same as now)?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    It would be logical to make a V Sport ATS with that motor, consistent with the XTS and CTS, and leave the V8 for the real V. So many V8's to choose from. The only good news for me is the TR6070. I don't believe that an engine that sounds like an insect helps the V image.
    Charles Warren likes this.
    Jud

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Similar powerplant from the ZR1 in the new CTS-V.... just like before.
    Homerjay71 likes this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    Similar powerplant from the ZR1 in the new CTS-V.... just like before.
    Don't think there is a new ZR1. It's a Z06, otherwise that's what's predicted alright. Great time to be a car buyer, huh?
    Charles Warren likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

krummel21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Why didn't they just show it at Detroit then, like they did the CTS-V sport during the CTS release?

Anther question,why do this over a used cts-v coupe?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by krummel21 View Post
    Anther question,why do this over a used cts-v coupe?
    well first, some people just don't want to buy a used car... they want to be the one owner of a one owner car, not the second owner of a one owner car

beyond that i can think of:
    lighter car, better handling, newer infotainment (cue) and all that brings, interior refinement/quality improved by leaps and bounds
    and that's not to mention subjective reasons like styling, size (inside and overall) etc
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

What RPD said; personally I think the CTS-V coupe is by far the better looking design, but I prefer smaller cars myself. The ATS is just the right size, and a better overall fit for our needs.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    Stuff an LT1 and a 6spd manual in it, I'm done.

marc1093280 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Future Model(s): 2015 Cadillac ATS

I think it would make a lot of sense for the ATS-V to get the 6.2L LT1 engine with more HP and torque. Heck, even the CTS V-sport should have gotten the LT1 too. Nothing beats the sound of the V8. On the other hand, I am glad that the CTS-V is at least getting a twin-turbo LT1. The Corvette engines are meant to be real hard-core performance engines. If they really want to beat the Germans, beat them in the HP department, and undercut them by a few grand. For example, the ATS for $33,990 should come standard with the 2.0T and CUE. The new CTS is priced a bit too high. I know they improved the quality of the CTS and built it on a much better platform, but it doesn't mean that it has to have a big price increase over the old one. $40K would have seemed like a really nice starting price for the CTS.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

BeltlessBoost is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't get why all of you are knocking the 3.6TT engine, maybe ignorance? 425hp is already underrated as we've seen in the CTS Vsport dyno. Compare this engine vs the LT1 and throw on I/E/tune. The turbo motor will be making a lot more power and torque than the NA LT1 engine. Boost is the replacement for displacement.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Gas mileage comes into play. I daily drive my V1 and really don't worse gas mileage. If the V2 has equivalent or better gas mileage as my V1 I would have already made the switch. For me the ATS is a bit small so I'm still loving mine. Ah the decisions.

I think the production ATS-V will come in between 450-475 hp. I wouldn't bank on anything Motor Trend writes.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    well first, some people just don't want to buy a used car... they want to be the one owner of a one owner car, not the second owner of a one owner car

beyond that i can think of:
    lighter car, better handling, newer infotainment (cue) and all that brings, interior refinement/quality improved by leaps and bounds
    and that's not to mention subjective reasons like styling, size (inside and overall) etc

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    Quote Originally Posted by BeltlessBoost
    I don't get why all of you are knocking the 3.6TT engine, maybe ignorance? 425hp is already underrated as we've seen in the CTS Vsport dyno. Compare this engine vs the LT1 and throw on I/E/tune. The turbo motor will be making a lot more power and torque than the NA LT1 engine. Boost is the replacement for displacement.
    It's simple.

V6 is For The Woman.

Hope that helps you understand.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.