Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I predict we will see the car in Geneva. Now that the coupe has been shown, it's time to show ...
    ETHANOREO is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6

I predict we will see the car in Geneva. Now that the coupe has been shown, it's time to show the beast in Germany.
    Ps I'm also interested to see what Infiniti has up their sleeve for this segment in Geneva with their red beast.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

I hope that you're right about Geneva! I heard the engine sound from the Infiniti in the teaser video; it sounds like a V10 or a small, high revving V8.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Makes no sense to me that they'd reveal this car in anywhere other than the U.S. where 99% of their sales will be.

It may be seen there, but not revealed there.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

al pettee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    So I guess you don't really like BMWs,? LOL
    BMW=Big Money Waste.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by BeltlessBoost View Post
    You mod your LT1 and I'll mod my turbo car, good luck reading my license plate. Guess you lack the knowledge to understand just how efficient and powerful turbo cars can be.

It's one thing to want the V8, it's all about personal preference, opinions, I get that. What I don't get is why people think this V6 TT motor or turbos/boost etc are bad? Stuck in the old days of big blocks and carbs?
    I'm certain an LT1 ATS would have a far more robust modification platform to rest on than an LF3 ATS. That's always true given chevy throws their Small Block V8's into camaro's and corvettes which are basically the bread and butter of the entire american v8 tuner crowd.

That said, I've had experience with bi-turbo V6 engines (a la, B5 S4) and while I would very much like a V8 ATS, I don't believe my future purchase would be undone knowing it is only available with a V6

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    LT1 and a manual or they can keep it. I don't drive rice (unless it has a V8 ).

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yeah I agree everyone of a certain brown demographic has a 3 series around here, it's not really anything special, Jeremeny clarkson, Mr. BMW can do no wrong has even stated that BMW is losing that defining edge that they once had in spades, that they're becoming watered down,soft girl cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo
    yeah I agree everyone of a certain brown demographic has a 3 series around here, it's not really anything special, Jeremeny clarkson, Mr. BMW can do no wrong has even stated that BMW is losing that defining edge that they once had in spades, that they're becoming watered down,soft girl cars.
    Yet they out sell Cadillac a Hundred to One.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    Yet they out sell Cadillac a Hundred to One.
    Sooo.. you're saying they're better??

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    Sooo.. you're saying they're better??
    In some ways, significantly, in others not. It just depends on what you appreciate in a car.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    In some ways, significantly, in others not. It just depends on what you appreciate in a car.
    Toyota almost sells more Corollas than BMW sells cars.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I'm not of the mind that more is better... It s not my argument.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

BMW sells a lot because of the fan boy base they've built, they've been put a pedestal FAR taller than they deserve, I bet if they weren't German they wouldnt get HALF the reputation.

They're not very reliable either, the shop is there natural habitat but people seem to be able to look past it because "its the ultimate driving machine brah" but, if it were AMW it'd be regarded as "typical American crap" but OH NO! it's German so it's gotta be good.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Does it seem to everyone else like there are no -- absolutely NO -- BMWs on the road over a certain age, like 8-9 years or so?

I mean it's like they evaporate off the roads into complete mechanical disarray or something.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    Does it seem to everyone else like there are no -- absolutely NO -- BMWs on the road over a certain age, like 8-9 years or so? I mean it's like they evaporate off the roads into complete mechanical disarray or something.
    Many of the models are to expensive to keep on the road. Wait until the warranty is out on the current models and the transmissions and turbos start to fail, the screams will be heard around the world.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.