Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by rand49er I'm just afraid that there won't be enough of a performance different between the TT3.6 CTS ...
    roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Re: Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I'm just afraid that there won't be enough of a performance different between the TT3.6 CTS Vsport and the same motor in an ATS-V, and that would be a shame, IMHO.
    Well, if the 3.6V6TT goes into the ATS-V, it'd get a power bump - though the rumor mill would chime in and say "Ah, see, that's what the supposed 3.2LV6TT is for - thicker cylinder walls for more raw power."...

Regardless, 450hp in a 3900lb car vs 480hp in a 3600lb car (swags on weight) will be a driver's race unless GM makes the gearing in the ATS-V more aggressive and sticks some massive rubber out back. Traction will still be the effective limiting factor. If they DO stick a different final gear and massive rubber, then there'll be a noticeable difference.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I hope the ATS-V goes to a 5x120 wheel pattern for more upgrade choices.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I hope the ATS V gets a quality transmission.

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Very tired of waiting for more information on the ATS-V. Come on Cadillac - give us the goods already! This is ridiculous.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Having just read an anecdotal review of a CTS Vsport (equipped with the TT3.6), I'm hoping that GM assigns that motor to the Vsport series (i.e. XTS Vsport, CTS Vsport, and ATS Vsport) and puts something else in the ATS-V ... FI V8 would be just fine with me. I'm just afraid that there won't be enough of a performance different between the TT3.6 CTS Vsport and the same motor in an ATS-V, and that would be a shame, IMHO.
    Ford does this all the time...Look at the difference between the Mustang GT and the Boss. About 25 hp difference and the Boss comes with a better handling package. Hopefully not but I could see the ATS V Sport and the ATS V very similar aside from handling and a small bump in performance. I still think the V8 in the ATS V is a pipe dream. I hope I'm wrong.
    rand49er likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

BMW did it with the 135i and the 1 series m.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Ford does this all the time...Look at the difference between the Mustang GT and the Boss. About 25 hp difference and the Boss comes with a better handling package. Hopefully not but I could see the ATS V Sport and the ATS V very similar aside from handling and a small bump in performance. I still think the V8 in the ATS V is a pipe dream. I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    BMW did it with the 135i and the 1 series m.
    And GM may well take its lead from these two examples.

Still would like to see some over-the-top, Black-Series, V+ thing, though.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    LT1? Sign me up.

Otherwise I'll just keep my POS LS2 station wagon.

Stingray23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by VCONVERT View Post
    Very tired of waiting for more information on the ATS-V. Come on Cadillac - give us the goods already! This is ridiculous.
    Seriously. Its very annoying.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Maybe they can't decide which way to go, LS3 or 3.6TT. They might be reading all the comments on this forum from people who would be buyers if.....

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

There was huge number of us predicting, wishing, expressing, etc our desires for the motor that was going to be in the '09 CTS-V. GM leaked nothing right up till it was introduced, and NONE of us had it right and ALL of us were surprised and elated with the LSA's 556 hp.

I think GM is going to use the announcement for all the press (i.e. rags) they can get when they reveal this motor. I just hope we're all equally as pleased as we were back in '08.
    JFJr likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yes, GM has been very good about controlling their leaks... remember all those leaks about the escalade back in 2002? no? oh that's right there weren't any

same back in 2006... and again this time around
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Yes, secrecy is good. I'm really tired of hearing about the "leak" of the next BMW: are we ready for the next 4.5 coupe or the 5.76 5 Series Sedan? How about the 6.9 M 6.0 convertible? I guess that it takes longer for really significant cars, and the swarm theory prevails.
    Jud

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr
    Yes, secrecy is good. I'm really tired of hearing about the "leak" of the next BMW: are we ready for the next 4.5 coupe or the 5.76 5 Series Sedan? How about the 6.9 M 6.0 convertible? I guess that it takes longer for really significant cars, and the swarm theory prevails.
    So I guess you don't really like BMWs,? LOL

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy
    So I guess you don't really like BMWs,? LOL
    Well, I really don't have a problem with BMW's, they're the most common cars in the USA. I would not want the "ultimate driving machine" image to be dragged down to that level, but whatever helps the bottom line. BTW, that moniker is no longer accurate, and hasn't been for years.
    Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.