Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Koooop It's simple. V6 is For The Woman. Hope that helps you understand. Just heard a V6 ...
    CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Re: Motor Trend says ATS-V to get 425 hp TTV6

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    It's simple.

V6 is For The Woman.

Hope that helps you understand.

Just heard a V6 camaro with an exhaust... Not horrible but does nto compare to the sound of a NA V8.

TT is very cool however I do prefer the V8 as well.

If you want to talk HP, how about a TT V8? I'm guessing that would be tough to beat with this V6 setup.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I hope that there will be a choice: ATS Vsport or ATS-V, TTV6 or V8, respectively. Maybe we can all agree that the TR6070 should be available in either trim. Hopefully, GM has that in store. Imagine an ATS Vsport that exceeds the performance of the latest M3 and the regular V that goes beyond it. Things would be rather unpleasant in Munich. Ha haa!
    Jud

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Yep. The 3.6 n/a does not cut it as a 335i/s4 competitor. There needs to be a vsport that slots above the n/a 3.6 and below the v series model. And I think the 3.6 Tt does just fine. As a matter of fact it will absolutely embarrass those two, which in terms of straight line performance, is exactly what those two do to the ats 3.6 currently.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Yep. The 3.6 n/a does not cut it as a 335i/s4 competitor. There needs to be a vsport that slots above the n/a 3.6 and below the v series model. And I think the 3.6 Tt does just fine. As a matter of fact it will absolutely embarrass those two, which in terms of straight line performance, is exactly what those two do to the ats 3.6 currently.
    Yes, ATS-LT1

That'd do it!

It's not only about which is faster since everything is so stinking fast these days. It's about the satisfaction of the driving experience as a whole.

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Yes, ATS-LT1

That'd do it!

It's not only about which is faster since everything is so stinking fast these days. It's about the satisfaction of the driving experience as a whole.
    I'm with Koooop on this one, put the V8 in and let the HP be the same. Would be cool to see that platform get a V8, that would stir things up for sure.

And you can mod the poo out of an LT1. No need for some girly turbos.

There should be a choice. For those that want to be lockstep with the Germans, they can have a buzzy V6 that sounds like a Porsche or a BMW. For those that want to do things the American way, it's the V8. Everyone could be happy. Maybe even a hybrid for the clueless greenie weenies.
    Koooop and Guy.Seminerio like this.
    Jud

BeltlessBoost is offline Cadillac Owners Member

And you can mod the poo out of an LT1. No need for some girly turbos.
    You mod your LT1 and I'll mod my turbo car, good luck reading my license plate. Guess you lack the knowledge to understand just how efficient and powerful turbo cars can be.

It's one thing to want the V8, it's all about personal preference, opinions, I get that. What I don't get is why people think this V6 TT motor or turbos/boost etc are bad? Stuck in the old days of big blocks and carbs?

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Yes, ATS-LT1

That'd do it!

Quote Originally Posted by BeltlessBoost View Post
    You mod your LT1 and I'll mod my turbo car, good luck reading my license plate.
    It's one thing to want the V8, it's all about personal preference, opinions, I get that. What I don't get is why people think this V6 TT motor or turbos/boost etc are bad?
    You're missing the point BeltlessBoost. It doesn't matter if you're sucking the other car's exhaust. It's the driving "experience" that matters. Real men just care about how it sounds and makes their insides tingle.
    Koooop likes this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Having just read an anecdotal review of a CTS Vsport (equipped with the TT3.6), I'm hoping that GM assigns that motor to the Vsport series (i.e. XTS Vsport, CTS Vsport, and ATS Vsport) and puts something else in the ATS-V ... FI V8 would be just fine with me. I'm just afraid that there won't be enough of a performance different between the TT3.6 CTS Vsport and the same motor in an ATS-V, and that would be a shame, IMHO.
    JD03Cobra likes this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Having just read an anecdotal review of a CTS Vsport (equipped with the TT3.6), I'm hoping that GM assigns that motor to the Vsport series (i.e. XTS Vsport, CTS Vsport, and ATS Vsport) and puts something else in the ATS-V ... FI V8 would be just fine with me. I'm just afraid that there won't be enough of a performance different between the TT3.6 CTS Vsport and the same motor in an ATS-V, and that would be a shame, IMHO.
    What does a CTS Vsport weigh??
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by BeltlessBoost View Post
    You mod your LT1 and I'll mod my turbo car, good luck reading my license plate. Guess you lack the knowledge to understand just how efficient and powerful turbo cars can be.

It's one thing to want the V8, it's all about personal preference, opinions, I get that. What I don't get is why people think this V6 TT motor or turbos/boost etc are bad? Stuck in the old days of big blocks and carbs?
    I couldn't care less which is faster or efficient, I just want a big satisfied grin at the end of each ride. There is no substitute for Cubic Inches.

Oh yeah, SIZE MATTERS!

Well, turbos are the old days, they've been around since the early 1900's. They were important in WWII fighter planes to improve performance at higher altitudes (P-51 Mustang for example). There's no substitute for a finely tuned n/a engine in an automobile.
    Avery323 likes this.
    Jud

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    What does a CTS Vsport weigh??
    Not sure, but around 3.600 lbs maybe a bit more. I think the CTS Vsport is around 3,800-3,900 lbs ... that's from memory, so not accurate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Well, turbos are the old days, they've been around since the early 1900's. They were important in WWII fighter planes to improve performance at higher altitudes (P-51 Mustang for example). There's no substitute for a finely tuned n/a engine in an automobile.
    Those were powered by a Packard version of a Rolls-Royce Merlin supercharged engine (P-51D).

In fact, it's when people (German and British) realized that supercharging and turbocharging a motor was silly if you sandwiched a piston-driven crankshaft in the middle, so they did away with it, and the jet engine was born. Sorry for the trivia.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    Not sure, but around 3.600 lbs maybe a bit more. I think the CTS Vsport is around 3,800-3,900 lbs ... that's from memory, so not accurate at all. Those were powered by a Packard version of a Rolls-Royce Merlin supercharged engine (P-51D). In fact, it's when people (German and British) realized that supercharging and turbocharging a motor was silly if you sandwiched a piston-driven crankshaft in the middle, so they did away with it, and the jet engine was born. Sorry for the trivia.
    Good stuff and I realize that the D model was supercharged. But some added turbochargers, too. Did the Merlin go that route, I can't remember?
    Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.