ATS-V Coupe Spied - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V Coupe Spied in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I think the ats-v will be what the m3 would end up costing, this is slotting into where the cts-v ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: ATS-V Coupe Spied

I think the ats-v will be what the m3 would end up costing, this is slotting into where the cts-v used to be. I would see this being more expensive than a cts-v sport.

jbonacci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Luxury 2.0T & '13 SRX4 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    Has anyone heard preliminary cost figures for the ats- v?? I'm already planning ahead for when my ats lease is up in 2 years! Looks like a cts vsport can be had for ~60k (premium around 70k!) , I'm hoping the ats-v will be closer to 55?
    I would have to say based on current pricing of the CTS V-sport starting at $60K, that the ATS V-sport would probably start around $50K for the performance version, probably around $55K for the premium version. The CTS Vsport is RWD only, so I would have to assume that the ATS Vsport is going to be RWD only as well (which is a lower price point than the AWD versions of both cars).

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonacci
    I would have to say based on current pricing of the CTS V-sport starting at $60K, that the ATS V-sport would probably start around $50K for the performance version, probably around $55K for the premium version. The CTS Vsport is RWD only, so I would have to assume that the ATS Vsport is going to be RWD only as well (which is a lower price point than the AWD versions of both cars).
    Seriously? You think the ats-v will only be rwd? Man, I sure hope not....I really want one but in buffalo, rwd is practically useless.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Seriously? You think the ats-v will only be rwd? Man, I sure hope not....I really want one but in buffalo, rwd is practically useless.
    They need to offer an awd version of the cts vsport to go toe to toe against the 550xi and e550 4matic. It is highly important to offer an awd variant of this car in the snow belt.

Onto the ats. They should offer an awd on the ats vsport assuming there will be an ats vsport. And there very well should because the 3.6 is underpowered next to the 335 and the s4.

Now as for the full fledged ats-v and cts-v. BMW is sticking with RWD for their m3 and m5. Mercedes went with awd for the e63. If I had to choose id say RWD all the way but I'm all about options. I don't believe there is anything wrong with offering the full blown v series models with awd as an option. Again, by not doing this they're missing out on sales in the snow belt.

That being said, here is what I think is gonna happen. The cts vsport will eventually be offered with awd. The cts-v and ats-v will be RWD only. Hopefully there will be an ats vsport and if there is that should be offered with awd.

jbonacci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Luxury 2.0T & '13 SRX4 Performance

I'm talking about the ATS V-Sport, not the ATS-V. Considering that the CTS V-Sport is RWD, I would just assume that the ATS V-Sport will be RWD as well. I live in Rochester, so I do agree with you about Caddy offering AWD in both the CTS & ATS V-Sport models--kind of pointless with the weather Western, NY gets.

On a side note, man do I love Duffs and Jim's Steakout!

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonacci
    I'm talking about the ATS V-Sport, not the ATS-V. Considering that the CTS V-Sport is RWD, I would just assume that the ATS V-Sport will be RWD as well. I live in Rochester, so I do agree with you about Caddy offering AWD in both the CTS & ATS V-Sport models--kind of pointless with the weather Western, NY gets. On a side note, man do I love Duffs and Jim's Steakout!
    Oh sorry, my bad, I know the cts comes in vsport and v variants, but I wasn't sure if there would be an ats vsport and an ats-v. The ats awd is awesome in our shitty weather! Only issue is snow/ice eventually building up in the wheel wells. And, yes, Jim's is awesome! Great steak hoagies and chicken finger subs! I can't speak for duffs though....after living here for 37 years I've actually never been there! Shame on me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.