And this is why I'm foaming at the mouth for an M3. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, And this is why I'm foaming at the mouth for an M3. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; It definitely is GM's modus operandi to have apple style secrecy when it comes to new products i seem to ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: And this is why I'm foaming at the mouth for an M3.

It definitely is GM's modus operandi to have apple style secrecy when it comes to new products

i seem to recall someone losing their job over C7 Stingray leaked photos ... right?

and on top of all the other 'surprises'/interesting moves that have been made look at the Escalade and it's remodels

the only thing we've seen so far are spy shots (same as the last redesign... and the one before that too)

it's well within any company's rights to decide what level of secrecy (if any) is best for them

we can argue the merits of this secrecy all day long but only time will tell if the strategy/tactic was successful or failed
    (and don't try and link product secrecy to the bankruptcy... just don't... please)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL
    i really hope they don't follow BMW in that regard, with all these random "sport" models. BMW (for the 3 series) has the sport line, m-sport line, they will probably have an "iS" model, AND the M3/4. in my opinion it's very annoying and dilutes the 3 series. the way it is now, with the eventual addition of the ATS-V will be good; you have a couple different flavors, then the flagship balls-to-the-wall model.
    Again, we shouldn't care about the German car manufacturers, they're whores and would offer golf carts with those coveted logos if some of their status-seeking, lizard customers wanted them. We need to stick to the American approach and break away from European snobbiness.

Jud
    Jud

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

we can argue the merits of this secrecy all day long but only time will tell if the strategy/tactic was successful or failed
    Success or failure has no relevance in the matter from my perspective. Cadillac makes a good product, I'm excited about it, but frustrated that I get treated like a 5 year old trying to figure out who the hell this santa-clause is, and how he he works his magic. I would rather have an honest parent who at least gives me some hints at how the trick works than complexly ignore me.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Again, we shouldn't care about the German car manufacturers, they're whores and would offer golf carts with those coveted logos if some of their status-seeking, lizard customers wanted them. We need to stick to the American approach and break away from European snobbiness.

Jud
    lol, so true ..... here's a heartbreaker

one day getting my dry cleaning i come across....

a red M3... in and of itself awesome

convertible (strike one)

automatic (strike two)

realty magnet with pic of Realtor on the doors (strike 3)

now don't misunderstand, nothing wrong with someone wanting a nice car. what was wrong was this scene is what M has become instead of the hardcore car that men/women seek out and others shun because of the character of the car, the no fluff stick only because everything else gets in the way of the cars performance.

BMW is in a blind market share grab, they've made it too accessible, too easy, instead of the accessibility coming from mastering a driving skill that enables you to handle such a beast

I could very well be wrong, but the sense i got of the scene was there was no appreciation for the engineering built into that car, the driving dynamic that would make those magnets fly off, i just didn't get the impression that that car was loved for what it is, but loved for its status at the most expensive 3 series and not much more.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Yes, Cadillac has a long way to go treating high performance car buyers as it should. The V's brought in totally different customers and some dealerships couldn't adjust to that. It was more familiar handling older people close to dementia. But the product is far exceeding the customer demographics. However, Cadillac will catch up. We can be instructive and helpful, or choose to be whinny and critical. We are part of the process and can be a positive influence, if we choose to. Why not choose the former and be part of the future?

Jud
    Jud

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    GM & their firms that handle such stuff are just piss poor at marketing and advertising that is all there is to it IMO
    Concur w/that....let's not also forget that GM isn't always the smartest manufacturer in the bunch. Not to mention....they did go bankrupt a few years back....hmmm....

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post
    Concur w/that....let's not also forget that GM isn't always the smartest manufacturer in the bunch. Not to mention....they did go bankrupt a few years back....hmmm....
    as a manufacturer in total, yes i agree sometimes they leave you scratching you head, separate management from design & engineering and i bet:

the engineering department is world class

the design department is acceptable Cien/Ciel, Art & Science, corvette exterior woohoo! vs. Ahem, AZTEK, HHR, every front wheel drive cadillac, that weird duckbill looking mullet uplander (truck in the front minivan in the back), corvette interior What?

and management is variable, sometimes great (Lutz, and decision to go RWD with cadillac again vs. Smith and forgetting GM makes cars and just trying to be wall street)

maybe a change of scenery would do them good, sell the renaissance center and move to silicon valley or irvine, they think weird in motown. I recall reading in car and driver years ago about the current batch of new mustangs and how it was originally designed with independant rear end but it was decided they could save money (something like $55 a car) by going live axle, but in the end because the axle industry shrunk because of the prevalence of FWD cars their supply chain of these ended up adding $100 per car, like i said weird

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.