ATS-V Spied
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikesul
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V Spied in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/03/2...or-the-bmw-m3/...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

ATS-V Spied

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/03/2...or-the-bmw-m3/
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

krummel21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: ATS-V Spied

I guess if there was any question that Cadillac was benchmarking the BMW M3, this sort of resolves any lingering doubt.

The drivers are probably swapping cars back and forth while filling out objective and subjective questionnaires comparing the vehicles.

I just hope they adjust their data for the future M3.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to find a way out of my 2.0T lease for a V when they come out - that car is going to be amazing.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

The Autoblog story said 410 hp, I am pretty sure it is 420 hp in the new TTV6. Just hope for a 6/7 speed manual tranny.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    The Autoblog story said 410 hp, I am pretty sure it is 420 hp in the new TTV6. Just hope for a 6/7 speed manual tranny.
    410 for the XTS; otherwise 420. I hope that we're pleasantly surprised with a V8.

Jud
    Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    410 for the XTS; otherwise 420. I hope that we're pleasantly surprised with a V8.

Jud
    The saving grace in it having the LF3 is that it should be relatively easy to increase max boost. Whether the PCM can be "tampered with" is another question.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    The saving grace in it having the LF3 is that it should be relatively easy to increase max boost. Whether the PCM can be "tampered with" is another question.
    Why think about tampering with an engine you haven't even experienced? GM has really great engineers. But maybe you can afford to boost it until it explodes. Why not focus on an engine that has better performance, is less stressed and has better longevity?

Jud
    Jud

Even if the new ATS-V comes with an LT-1, I'd be looking for an FI kit, preferably a supercharger.

Whether having the LF3 turbos modified for more boost or adding a supercharger to an NA motor, having it tuned (i.e. "tampered with") is mandatory to accommodate the change.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Even if the new ATS-V comes with an LT-1, I'd be looking for an FI kit, preferably a supercharger.

Whether having the LF3 turbos modified for more boost or adding a supercharger to an NA motor, having it tuned (i.e. "tampered with") is mandatory to accommodate the change.
    I'm betting aftermarket for the LT1 is going to be somewhat limited for a very long time. I will be shocked if we have the 'sneeze on it to make another 100whp' like with LS in an LT without additional aftermarket port injection. The LS will likely go down as the pinical of a reliable, modifyable and portable engine.

D/I is a completly different beast versus regular F/I.

There are no aftermarket manufacturers for the injectors for example. Thus you have to rely on your OEM supplier to happen to make a bigger injector for another car.

I would also be very curious as to what GM has done to resolve carbon-buildup(additional port injection seems to be the only resolution), and the failure rate on it's previous DoD attempts . Also don't forget the new ECU's may be a challange to crack.

Why think about tampering with an engine you haven't even experienced? GM has really great engineers. But maybe you can afford to boost it until it explodes. Why not focus on an engine that has better performance, is less stressed and has better longevity?

Jud
    I myself prefer to 'modify' my cars because I find pleasure in working on them. Some people just want a faster car. Ask anyone with a 800whp CTS-V why and they'll likely simply say 'because racecar'

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I'm betting aftermarket for the LT1 is going to be somewhat limited for a very long time. I will be shocked if we have the 'sneeze on it to make another 100whp' like with LS in an LT without additional aftermarket port injection. The LS will likely go down as the pinical of a reliable, modifyable and portable engine.

D/I is a completly different beast versus regular F/I.

There are no aftermarket manufacturers for the injectors for example. Thus you have to rely on your OEM supplier to happen to make a bigger injector for another car.

I would also be very curious as to what GM has done to resolve carbon-buildup(additional port injection seems to be the only resolution), and the failure rate on it's previous DoD attempts . Also don't forget the new ECU's may be a challange to crack.

I myself prefer to 'modify' my cars because I find pleasure in working on them. Some people just want a faster car. Ask anyone with a 800whp CTS-V why and they'll likely simply say 'because racecar'
    DI injectors are certainly different than the port injection injectors (operate at much higher pressures, etc), but I guess it depends on how much head room they leave us in the duty cycle. If it's close to its limits, then you're right we're not going to get much more power out of the motor.

If they (somehow) produce a gob of LT1s, then the aftermarket will sooner or later come to our rescue with bigger injectors. Probably gonna be an arm and leg, though.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

DI injectors are certainly different than the port injection injectors (operate at much higher pressures, etc), but I guess it depends on how much head room they leave us in the duty cycle. If it's close to its limits, then you're right we're not going to get much more power out of the motor.

If they (somehow) produce a gob of LT1s, then the aftermarket will sooner or later come to our rescue with bigger injectors. Probably gonna be an arm and leg, though
    Maybe, what I can say is there are groups of engines that share common injector sizes that are as large as the Small Block Chevrolet. Namely the VAG 2.0TSI/TFSI and 3.0TSFI

There are no aftermarket solutions. The multi-million dollar machinery required to just modify the HPFP's is operated by just 2 vendors infact. APR and some other brand I can't think of.

It's not simply about duty cycles. They're much more complex and tightly engineered pieces of hardware. Tolerances are measured so finitely that handling the components by hand (in the case of the HPFP) may damage them.

I'm not saying that the day the LT1 lands there won't be people sucessfully squeezing another 100Hp out of them, there are plenty of high HP 2.0TFSI engines out there that use a combination of Meth and E85, but it's going to be much more difficult and much more expensive, and there will be technicall and mechanical challanges that are out of the scope of a lot of vendors.

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Haven't posted for a while. I seem to remember the same "end of aftermarket stuff" back when OBDII came out. People are inventive. Never say never. If there is a market and profit to be made, someone will figure it out.

ATSturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Albertan View Post
    Haven't posted for a while. I seem to remember the same "end of aftermarket stuff" back when OBDII came out. People are inventive. Never say never. If there is a market and profit to be made, someone will figure it out.
    I completely agree. I think with how much stuff is coming out for the ATS it is clear that this is not the end of aftermarket stuff.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Just look at the power Pfadt is already getting from the 2.0T. You can expect others to get into this engine also. I am getting a stage 2 turbo upgrade installed right now at Redline Motorsports, along with an E85 flex fuel conversion. Hope to have some dyno numbers to post on ATS tech section first of next week.
    Atsco likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.