2014 CTS - 420hp TT V6 - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2014 CTS - 420hp TT V6 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; With ATS sales so strong right now, this wouldn't be the time for GM to announce a faster ATS. Let ...
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: 2014 CTS - 420hp TT V6

With ATS sales so strong right now, this wouldn't be the time for GM to announce a faster ATS. Let sales start to drop off naturally, then rekindle interest with a "V" model. I like the V6TT, but wish for a V8.
    That article than JD03Cobra tagged mentions the ATS weight at 3700#, where did they get that inflated number?

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    With ATS sales so strong right now, this wouldn't be the time for GM to announce a faster ATS. Let sales start to drop off naturally, then rekindle interest with a "V" model. I like the V6TT, but wish for a V8.
    That article than JD03Cobra tagged mentions the ATS weight at 3700#, where did they get that inflated number?
    That makes some sense from a sales perspective, but if they don't improve the manual transmission in the base car, that time could come sooner than later. Also, a lot of us high mileage V2 drivers may not want to wait for the V3, so we may be in the market for a proper ATS-V. Let the TTV6 add excitement to the new standard CTS, but American V8's are the best response to the German TT6's in the BMW 3's.

I want to increase my "carbon footprint," whatever that hippy doper term means, so if I can pay for what is proper in a "V," I would like the opportunity. BTW, real world mpg ratings are probably really, really optimistic for a TTV6 driven like a performance option.

Jud

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i don't think they fit TT V6 to ATS-V..because...
    1st : it will make competition between V and regular CTS
    2nd : it doesn't make point..

i guess GM will fit all V Series with V8... it can be LT1..or special version of LT1...
    bruff1977 and bruff1977 like this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i don't think they fit TT V6 to ATS-V..because...
    1st : it will make competition between V and regular CTS ...
    This does have some validity especially if the weight is within a couple of hundred pounds of each other.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    This does have some validity especially if the weight is within a couple of hundred pounds of each other.
    If they bump the TT V6 to 450 hp that would solve the competition argument for the average buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    If they bump the TT V6 to 450 hp that would solve the competition argument for the average buyer.
    And there's precedent for this. Look at the 2.0T in the ATS (272 hp) vs in the Verano (250 hp).

EDIT: If the ATS-V does indeed limit itself to the 3.6TT and 420 hp, that means a longer, lower, and leaner CTS-V at ~600 hp becomes the more attractive choice IMHO. Don't get me wrong, the 3.6TT is a fabulous motor, but those who crave big performance will opt for a slightly larger and only slightly heavier but much more powerful CTS-V if it comes with >> 500 hp.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I don't think it makes sense to put the TTV6 in 2 different model types, standard and "V." It would look like the ATS-V is not all that special and take away from the "V" heritage that has developed. A normally aspirated LT1 would be a good choice for the ATS-V, leaving a supercharged version for the CTS-V. Don't get me wrong about the TTV6, I think it will be a success and really add to the image of the new CTS. However, the "V's" should be reserved for the enthusiasts because Cadillac needs these buyers to build excitement and talk up the brand.

Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    ... A normally aspirated LT1 would be a good choice for the ATS-V, leaving a supercharged version for the CTS-V...
    A NA LT1 in the ATS-V would leave the door open for some sort of FI as an add on.

Cowabunga giddyup!

al pettee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    A NA LT1 in the ATS-V would leave the door open for some sort of FI as an add on.
    Leave the door open? It would be a foregone conclusion.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Oh, I forgot to add, the Z06/ZR1 2-stage exhaust should be an option for enthusiasts.

Jud

ETHANOREO is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Love the new CTS and looking forward to the reviews of the engine.

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

One ATS-V please and hope it's a V-8. And listen up Cadillac - 350 - 400hp won't cut it with today's competition. Why would anybody pay a $10k premium for 30 - 80 horsepower increase? This car needs to make a statement just like the original CTS-V did. A mediocre warmed over TT V-6 won't do the job.

jsiddall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX V8 AWD Sport, 06 STS V8, 05 SRX V8 AWD, 97 STS

I cannot imagine Cadillac would produce a "real" ATS-V (i.e.: not a V sport) either V6 or V8 equipped, with less than 420 HP so I doubt you will be disappointed.

As a rule of thumb, if you keep in your head the BMW equivalent of every Caddillac and then rememember that Cadillac wants to outperform the equivalent BMW you can predict where they will end up.

In this case the ATS-V is targeting M3 which, a few years in now, already has 414 HP. You can be sure the ATS-V will have no less than that, and may well have significantly more.

Well if it has to blown, I hope that it sounds like a ZR1 at the track. Music to my ears.

Jud

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Guys. 6 cylinder turbos have been making mega power for decades supras,skylines,Mitsubishi 3000gts.

I had an IS300 turbo with GTE BLOCK 3.0T making 620rwhp. This beast would run with sport bikes on highway pulls.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.