2014 CTS - 420hp TT V6 - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2014 CTS - 420hp TT V6 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by isakhanyan The only sad part is the 8 speed automatic, I was really hoping they would come ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: 2014 CTS - 420hp TT V6

Quote Originally Posted by isakhanyan View Post
    The only sad part is the 8 speed automatic, I was really hoping they would come out with a manual transmission for the ATS-V as well. I still have hope but it is not looking to good.
    For the people who want a manual this sucks.
    This is NOT the ATS-V.

This entire announcement is about a motor that will be offered in the CTS and the XTS.

The ATS-V is still vaporware, ATs and MTs alike.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

jsiddall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX V8 AWD Sport, 06 STS V8, 05 SRX V8 AWD, 97 STS

Still.... GM says the new CTS will do a "0-60 mile per hour time of 4.6 seconds" and the ATS should be faster than that with the same engine. An ATS-V would almost certainly have a higher output engine than the base CTS.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

'think about how they spaced out the HP numbers between ZR1, ZL1 and CTS-V for the 6.2'

I am astounded like everyone else with these numbers... But you do realize that the TTV6, even though it sounds really potent and capable, is not considered a performance engine. If anything the LF3 will be in the CTS and XTS AWD Platinum trims. Those three cars you mentioned are the top of the line for their models. This is my logic for the Alpha chassis performance cars and the vehicle from Bowling Green:

ATS-V: Tuned LT1.
    CTS-V3/ZL1-2: F/I LT1 with modest boost/tune.
    ZR1-2: F/I LT1 with agressive boost/tune

jsiddall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX V8 AWD Sport, 06 STS V8, 05 SRX V8 AWD, 97 STS

It would be great to see an LT1 V8 in the ATS-V (think about the tuning headroom of that) but I for one would be surprised it if happened. I, like others, expect a higher output TT V6 making similar power to the LT1.

isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    This is NOT the ATS-V.

This entire announcement is about a motor that will be offered in the CTS and the XTS.

The ATS-V is still vaporware, ATs and MTs alike.
    I know it is for the cts. I have just been reading rumors that the ats-v will only be offered in automatic.

Stop reading rumors.

Wait. Wut?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by jsiddall View Post
    I, like others, expect a higher output TT V6 making similar power to the LT1.
    I agree! Tons of money has been spent on this TT V6, efficient green motor in a light car. V8 IMO is a long shot.

I don't see Ford dropping the 5.0 in the Tauraus SHO even though I would love it. ECO boost motor is their future. GM needs to compete!

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

They REALLY need to officially announce the ATS-V and its specs. Tho I bet it is going to be this exact same motor with the same HP and torque. Still, i think we are looking at about a 4 second 0-60 time in the lighter ATS

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    I bet it is going to be this exact same motor with the same HP and torque. Still, i think we are looking at about a 4 second 0-60 time in the lighter ATS
    I completely agree...I see them bumping the motor 20hp at the most. The weight difference alone is a performance jump over the base CTS.

"A 2014 Cadillac ATS-V with the twin turbo engine would not gain much front end weight over the current car with its top engine, the normally breathing 3.6 liter V6. The car would jump from about 320 horsepower up to about 420. With its approximately 3700 curb weight this rear-drive car would be one of GM’s fastest vehicles - ever. Only the Camaro ZL 1, the Corvette, and maybe the CTS-V would have a better power to weight ratio. Our own Patrick Rall wrote that the CTS with this engine would likely have a 0-60 mph time of about 4.6 seconds. That it very fast. However, an ATS-V with the same engine would be a car that could reach 60 in under 4 seconds.The technical term for that is “Stupid fast.” There would only be 3 single cars in the GM line-up that could compete with it."

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/cadil...n-turbo-engine

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I would like to see mileage comparisons between a TTV6 vs a well tuned small block V8. With an eight speed trans geared for each motor I wouldn't expect too much difference. Also the V8 should be less costly to build.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    I would like to see mileage comparisons between a TTV6 vs a well tuned small block V8. With an eight speed trans geared for each motor I wouldn't expect too much difference. Also the V8 should be less costly to build.
    And an LSx naturally aspirated V8 would be less complex, would sound better and might take up less space in the engine bay. Americans need to stick with what works; adjust engine mix in other models to play with mind-numbing CAFE. Too much talk about an automatic transmission, what about a manual?

Jud

Found some more info about it: http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/11941

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Has anyone considered how a TTV6 would sound and whether it would be appropriate for a halo car like a "V"? Angry insect is pretty obnoxious.

Jud

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    No one cares about manuals anymore. Even the car rags prefer autos.

Some say this the golden age of automotive performance. Its looking like the dark ages to me. Stupid fast and fun to drive are two very different things.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Has anyone considered how a TTV6 would sound and whether it would be appropriate for a halo car like a "V"? Angry insect is pretty obnoxious.

Jud
    I agree, the car should sound mean. But it's still a cadillac and as such cabin noise will be muted. The angry insect may not be a bad thing to the designers.
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    No one cares about manuals anymore. Even the car rags prefer autos.

Some say this the golden age of automotive performance. Its looking like the dark ages to me. Stupid fast and fun to drive are two very different things.
    I agree. Screw the rags. I think the ATS-V will almost certainly have a manual option

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.