ATS-V = V6TT, ATS-V Special Edition = V8 per Motor Trend Confirmed - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V = V6TT, ATS-V Special Edition = V8 per Motor Trend Confirmed in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Maybe one will be an ATS-V V-sport and the other will be an ATS-V... It would ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: ATS-V = V6TT, ATS-V Special Edition = V8 per Motor Trend Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Maybe one will be an ATS-V V-sport and the other will be an ATS-V...
    It would be interesting to see where they take this new 'badge'. If it'll remain with the CTS( a waste) only or carry over to the ATS in some way.

the 3.6 RWD is already pretty performance packed.

I'm also surprised that they're shovelling 410 HP into the XTS. That's fantastic.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    The lt1 in a 3200lb vette has been estimated at 26mpg
    But not officially rated yet. The outgoing Corvette does 16/26 -- you can bet your bottom dollar that, at the very least, the highway rating for the Active Fuel Management direct-injection seven-speed manual radiator-shuttered C7 will go up. I bet the city mileage goes up too.

The 3700-3800# vsport is rated for 17/25
    With an eight-speed automatic.

I don't think we'll get close to apples-to-apples for these two powerplants, at least not until the new Camaro arrives.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    What if there is AWD and an 8 speed auto tuned for efficiency? If using terminology like BMW, we could have...

The ATS-V.
    The ATS-V V-Sport.
    The ATS-V V-Sport x-drive.
    The ATS-V V-Sport x-drive eco.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    What if there is AWD and an 8 speed auto tuned for efficiency? If using terminology like BMW, we could have...

The ATS-V.
    The ATS-V V-Sport.
    Ha haa! God help us from kraut salad!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

The ATS-V.
    The ATS-V V-Sport.
    http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...modelcode=133N
    Don't forget about the Luxury, Base, Modern and regular sport lines.

There are acutally >5 different front fascias for the 328i alone.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Rumors are rumors. Look how wrong so many were regarding the Corvette C7. I am a Corvette C6 owner as well as a new ATS owner. If GM is going to be making new engines for the C7, where else do you think they MAY USE THEM! If you look to to the ATS, it is a natural for it. Small, light in weight per hp produced with direct injection, etc. All the things a new ATS coupe could use to sell cars. GM is not going to drop and old school LS generation motor in a new ATS-V! LS motors will continue to do stout work in other GM cars and trucks. There will be a new LS7 put in the C7 ZO6 model and if they do a new ZR1, it will most likely be the new C7 motor but supercharged. They have great experience at that..!! My two cents... Keep in mind, the C7 will only sell 20,000 to 25,000 cars per year to begin with. That is not enough motor production for GM. Therefore, they stick them in other cars, like the ATS-V! That way they get to use more like 100,000 motors per year. That GM could most likely live with....
    JFJr and JFJr like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

The new-generation pickups will provide plenty of volume for the new smallblocks. The LT1 itself will surely wind up in the next-generation Camaro (about 42K my2011, 27K in my2012).

The ATS-V is probably not going to sell a lot of volume. It will owe a debt to its engine, moreso than the other way around.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

If he ATS V is going to be competitive against the Germans it needs a 7 speed DCT minimum and a 450+ hp turbo 6 cylinder. It should also have some sort of AWD option as well.

If I was a betting man I'd guess a ZF sourced DCT and a 450-500hp turbocharged six will be offered. The big question is if they go long stroke 7k rpm redline) or short stroke (closer to 8K rpm redline)

AWD, 450hp plus, DCT, latest mag ride control tech and light weight will be a M3 killer on the track and street.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

AWD? Don't hold your breath.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

ATS Coupe announced for NAIAS. But what about the V?! The LA Auto Show is here and almost gone, NAIAS is right around the corner and it is CRICKETS as far as the V announcement hints...

Just like back in late '07 prior to when the '09 V2 engine (LSA) was announced ... "crickets."

Yup ... unless we can believe that 3.2 TTV6 rumor.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er
    AWD? Don't hold your breath.
    Really!?? Is this true? I just assumed they would offer awd. I really need awd in buffalo. I really want an ats-v next. The cts-v is not awd, while the cts vsport is, the cost is 70k.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    ... I really need awd in buffalo ...
    Buffalo? You need a Jeep-V.

Seriously, I'm just assuming no AWD availability for an ATS-V based on GM's past offerings (CTS-V, STS-V, XLR-V, Vette, etc). Probably more likely with AT than MT, but let's hope for a full offering. With effective launch control, it's possible.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    Really!?? Is this true? I just assumed they would offer awd. I really need awd in buffalo. I really want an ats-v next. The cts-v is not awd, while the cts vsport is, the cost is 70k.
    I have a RWD M6 ATS and I was fine last winter with dedicated snow tires. I'm also of the opinion that if you can buy a $45k car (which comes with dedicated summer performance tires) you can either afford a winter car or winter wheels/tires. The ATS-V is going to be a much more expensive car, so the rule applies double.

There's a GOOD reason the "V" series and Corvette dont have AWD, just ask Nissan - the GTR is pretty much $50,000 more than a Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Seriously, I'm just assuming no AWD availability for an ATS-V based on GM's past offerings (CTS-V, STS-V, XLR-V, Vette, etc). Probably more likely with AT than MT, but let's hope for a full offering. With effective launch control, it's possible.
    It's possible but notice how Nissan's 500hp car with AWD costs $100,000 and doesn't really have any outrageous equipment or a crazy elaborate interior with exotic materials.

The problem is reliability with AWD systems and high power - they just don't handle it all that well - and thus the manufacturer needs to price the car in order to recover the inevitable warranty costs (notice the GTR's sticker price shot up by $30,000 in a few years?).

If they included AWD in the ATS-V, it'd end up being a much more expensive car and I dont think GM wants to do that right now. Maybe by the 2nd gen ATS-V...

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    ... There's a GOOD reason the "V" series and Corvette dont have AWD, just ask Nissan - the GTR is pretty much $50,000 more than a Corvette.

It's possible but notice how Nissan's 500hp car with AWD costs $100,000 ...
    Nissan had some big issues with their GTR in the beginning with guys launching the car (presumably to match the 0-60 times Nissan advertised) and destroying the tranny. I don't know much about Outtie's experience (i.e. failure rate) with their Quattro.

Truly, that's one hell of jolt to the drivetrain when you dump the clutch at, say, 5k RPM and ask all four tires to respond.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.