Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS-V = V6TT, ATS-V Special Edition = V8 per Motor Trend Confirmed

32K views 109 replies 32 participants last post by  Tom Martin 
#1 ·
#74 ·
listrats said:
What's the issue with a TTV6 lol. This car already has decent pickup in a 2.0T I see a 3.6TT as way beyond capable
Well LOL yourself. Have you ever owned a V2, much less driven one, longer than around the block. A V6 is not appropriate for a true V, but maybe a Vsport is ok for the country club set. Unless you know the difference, you have no clue.

#76 ·
JFJr said:
Well LOL yourself. Have you ever owned a V2, much less driven one, longer than around the block. A V6 is not appropriate for a true V, but maybe a Vsport is ok for the country club set. Unless you know the difference, you have no clue.
We'll if this m4 is supposed to be setting standards and BMW gets all the rave reviews they managed it with a V6. No I have not owned a CTS V but I own an ATS and between that, driving the v8 cam ark and some research and reviews I came to an educated guess that a twin turbo v6 ATS is far from "slow"

----------

M5eater said:
Mercedes C63 507. That is all.
Isn't that car a special edition of the regular AMG. I would consider that an equivalent to the rumored ATS V+... And yes in that cAse if they want to compete you have to throw a supercharged v8 in there.

#77 ·
Isn't that car a special edition of the regular AMG. I would consider that an equivalent to the rumored ATS V+... And yes in that cAse if they want to compete you have to throw a supercharged v8 in there.[
Ehh, I would call the 507 an ATS-V ++
The AMG performance pack C63 adds ~ 30HP and some SLS parts with an increased top speed limiter

The black edition was of course the race prepped version.

The 507 uses Black edition parts in a more streetable car.

GM could make a 507 competitor out of an LT1 with a hot cam and tweaking, but by the time they're ready to introduce such they'll have a new powertrain to deal with.

#86 ·
#88 ·
Here is something new to chew on:

"Asked whether Cadillac was considering a sharper, even more aggressive variation of the ATS-V in the mold of the Mercedes-AMG Black Series models, chief engineer David Leone had this to say: “We might have something down the road that is a little bit more aggressive.” Another source said that such a model could come to market by 2017"

http://blog.caranddriver.com/none-m...aign=Feed:+caranddriver/blog+(Car+and+Driver)

#98 ·
I will never buy another Cadillac with anything less than a V8 engine. Cadillac sedans and coupes should all be V8 equipped
Nothing beats the sound or smoothness of a V8 engine.
Also..........please dump the alphabet soup monikers. What's wrong with the names Fleetwood, Deville, Eldorado, Seville.
These aren't German boy racer cars here folks, these are CADILLACS.

#109 · (Edited)
the tesla is pretty awesome....handles terribly though and although it's super beautiful and super cool and has some spectacular features like the huge infotainment screen and incredible acceleration it has some big flaws like aforementioned handling and occasionally scratch your head at some features like the weird bin on the floor ...map pockets, what map pockets?....none of its problems are deal breakers and i'm sure newer generations will erase those things as tesla learns how to be a better car maker overall i'm pretty stoked on them and yeah... MERICA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.