Cadillac ATS-V is probably getting a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6 - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V is probably getting a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; guys... tiny blown engines are not the future this is the future (near future) and this is the present i'm ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cadillac ATS-V is probably getting a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6

guys... tiny blown engines are not the future

this is the future (near future)

and this is the present

i'm not saying ICE powered vehicles will go away entirely, but there are other alternatives

in theory, i like the range-extended electric propulsion vehicles (volt, elr)
    much more practical than the model-s right now
    kind of like a best of both worlds gap filler until battery and power grid technology can catch up
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

DMCEDDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS Coupe AWD

Rightfully so. I agree that there's no replacement for displacement however the comparible V8 at the same HP gets worse gas mileage. I average 18 MPG with my SC 3.6DI which is better than my friend's '11 V. He hardly gets me in a 1/4 mile. I find that most V8 owners are bothered by little engines performing as good or better than their larger displaced power plants.

ETHANOREO is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think we will be devoid of news until late 2013 while they release the new CTS. Once that has calmed down, then we should hear something.
    I also think that since the new M3/M4 is a turbo 6 so will the ATS-V at least for the 1st couple years.
    But if Caddy is listening...get it into this car sooner than later. You have a chance to jump start the germans...not just benchmark them. It seems like a no brainer to me.
    Priced well, at 420HP it would be the hottest car in the segment...which is what they want don't they?

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Electric vehicles will never be the future until we find more efficient ways of making the electricity. If every ICE car in the US were replaced by electrics right now, we'd be doomed.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

every horse was not immediately replaced by a horse-less carriage ... we would have been doomed in that situation too
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

There is a difference between harvesting a fuel source and reinventing an entire process...

There are also similarities

There are similarities to Venus and Uranus...

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Electric vehicles will never be the future until we find more efficient ways of making the electricity. If every ICE car in the US were replaced by electrics right now, we'd be doomed.
    making it ,storing it, transferring it, and in making the batteries. Nothing about Hybrid vehicles or electric cars is a better way to transport people about their daily lives. Except unless you care to smell your own farts.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Future schmuture, what matters to the ATS-V is three model years, and the V8 will be plenty viable in that timeframe.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Hmm.. If we eliminate that awful DOD feature, we could reduce V8 displacement to, say, 5.5 liters; and if we can't get sufficient torque as NA, strap on the TT. Voilą, we now have a smaller, but very potent, version of what may wind up in the V3. Just add the TR6070 as the standard transmission, along with Brembo brakes, magnetic shocks, 2 stage exhaust, etc., and we have the makings of a proper ATS-V, and get separation from the V Sport, or whatever. Cadillac, listen up!

Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr
    Hmm.. If we eliminate that awful DOD feature, we could reduce V8 displacement to, say, 5.5 liters; and if we can't get sufficient torque as NA, strap on the TT. Voilą, we now have a smaller, but very potent, version of what may wind up in the V3. Just add the TR6070 as the standard transmission, along with Brembo brakes, magnetic shocks, 2 stage exhaust, etc., and we have the makings of a proper ATS-V, and get separation from the V Sport, or whatever. Cadillac, listen up!

Jud
    I hope that Cadillac monitors this thread and listens to potential customers. If they want an exclusive sedan, ignore the flakey marketing types and listen to the enthusiasts that will ultimately determine credibility in the super sedan category.

Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I hope that Cadillac monitors this thread and listens to potential customers. If they want an exclusive sedan, ignore the flakey marketing types and listen to the enthusiasts that will ultimately determine credibility in the super sedan category.

Jud
    Most people that buy cars are not enthusiasts though. Sometimes we need to pick and choose our battles and count our blessings.

the existence of a 6MT F10 m5 exclusively for North America for example. Everywhere else in the world that car is automatic only.

The fact that Cadillac so finely tuned this chassis to be as good as it is *and* said ultimately 'no' to a FWD ATS (that very nearly happened) are also wins.

a 6MT for the 2.0T RWD car is also a win, as Lexus to my knowledge offers no 6MT in any of their IS models, which btw is the car that just beat the 3 series in a recent Car and Driver comparison.

Cadillac's certainly listening to us, but as the saying goes, you can't always get what you want.

That said, I certainly hope they listen a bit more

I think that car guys know best when it comes to the halo/high performance editions. I don't think that we're "lucky" to have what is given. Cater to us and we will help far more than the country club set that will obsess over the TTV6. I thought that Cadillac was trying to break away from its decades older mold, but it needs to resist older ways and realize that the success that the "V 's" have given it will propel it from the past. I think that Lutz and other car guys know it.

Jud

whoops.. nvm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.