Cadillac ATS-V is probably getting a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6 - Page 22
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Like Tree44Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V is probably getting a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by DiabloMike the days of the N/A V8 as we know it are short lived. Unless "short lived" ...
    Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: Cadillac ATS-V is probably getting a twin turbo 3.6 liter V6

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    the days of the N/A V8 as we know it are short lived.
    Unless "short lived" means "the N/A smallblock will be eliminated within this generation ATS's lifecycle" -- and it just doesn't -- this is not a reason to put the TTV6 in the ATS-V.

If anything, the trend toward forced induction is all the more reason to put a N/A smallblock in the ATS-V. Carpe diem.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

You give me a 500+ hp 3.2 TTV6, and I'll be like "What's a V8?"

As much as I love V8s, I can be had.
    RippyPartsDept and DiabloMike like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike
    the days of the N/A V8 as we know it are short lived. Stricter and stricter emissions standards are seeing to that. Forced induction will be a big part of making power in the future. The trend toward smaller displacement, direct injected, vvt equipped, boosted engines is already underway. You will see the TT V6 models outperform the supercharged V8s in shorter time, mark my words. You've already got 2.0t powered ATS models making LS7 type numbers at the wheels with simple bolt on upgrades, just imagine what the 3.6tt will do with tuning, then a pair of modified turbos...then a pair of aftermarket replacement turbos...it's gonna be fun
    . I wouldn't write the V8 obituary just yet. The refrain in first two sentences was sung after the energy crisis and the CAFE standards. The push to small displacement is CAFE driven, yet the fuel economy of the high boosted 4 bangers isn't that impressive compared to higher displacement motors.
    There is still room for improvement in NA motors and while turbos may become more common, the V8 will be there in higher end sports cars.
    Ancient Mariner likes this.

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd say GM to skip the V6TT and make a smaller displacement V8 in the 4.6L to 5.0L range then add some turbos!!! I'd be interested in that!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.