Inside Line ATS-V rendering
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Inside Line ATS-V rendering in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Couldn't upload the pics... Too big. So here's the link: http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-rendered.html Not bad. I want the exterior of the ATS-V ...
    bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Inside Line ATS-V rendering

Couldn't upload the pics... Too big. So here's the link:

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-rendered.html

Not bad. I want the exterior of the ATS-V to be more agressive though... Maybe vents on both sides of the power bulge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Subtlety in pics is often bold in person. Since this is just a hypothetical rendering, its a nice start.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Inside Line ATS-V rendering

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Subtlety in pics is often bold in person. Since this is just a hypothetical rendering, its a nice start.
    Not disagreeing with you, but it needs to be bolder in person than those renditions (front and back). Can't look silly like an STI, but bolder. Splitter? Hood vents? Other aerodynamic effects? I'm not sufficiently imaginative to say what, but somehow more aggressive looking.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

That's identical to the rendering I did, just better looking

I still think we are all wrong. I am betting the ATS-V will introduce the next generation of V styling cues. If I felt like devoting hours to it, I would render up my own interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Not disagreeing with you, but it needs to be bolder in person than those renditions (front and back). Can't look silly like an STI, but bolder. Splitter? Hood vents? Other aerodynamic effects? I'm not sufficiently imaginative to say what, but somehow more aggressive looking.
    You're such an old fuddy-duddy.

No, wait.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Yawn. Anyone can take a CTS-V and cross it with an ATS and then clean it up.

The ATS-V will look different. How much do the CTS-V Gen 1 and the CTS-V Gen 2 have in common in regards to the respective fascias? About zero, I mean except for the fact they both have mesh grilles.

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    ... The ATS-V will look different. ...
    Than the ATS? Than the CTS-V (1 & 2)?

I love the mesh grille on all the Vs ... it's sort of necessary at this point. Are you suggesting that the ATS-V might not have a mesh grille?!!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Than the ATS? Than the CTS-V (1 & 2)?

I love the mesh grille on all the Vs ... it's sort of necessary at this point. Are you suggesting that the ATS-V might not have a mesh grille?!!
    Don't know. I'd assume it would have a mesh grille. I'm just saying I think it won't look like a CTS-V it will have it's own unique look.

No one knows for sure until they build the cars. Which is too far off IMHO.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

The tires don't seem wide enough, but overall I prefer the Jimmyh version. I would seriously consider trading in my CTS-V for an ATS-V..... what is wrong with me!

Nothing. It's a foregone conclusion that the ATS-V is going to be the agility champ in the family. The CTS-V will be the one with the long legs.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV4now View Post
    The tires don't seem wide enough ...
    That's part of it. If Jimmy had spent several hours at it, I'd bet he could've come up with an even better rendering ... bulging fenders, lower stance, subtle front splitter with other ground effect skirting (tastefully done, of course), inner cooler inlets, 4" exhaust tips ...

I could do a seriously high quality rendering if I spent that much time. But history shows that whatever we, who are not in the know, come up with, the actual car will be drastically different.

MikeFKMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Nice, but it could use a little more height adjusting.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    Yawn. Anyone can take a CTS-V and cross it with an ATS and then clean it up.

The ATS-V will look different. How much do the CTS-V Gen 1 and the CTS-V Gen 2 have in common in regards to the respective fascias? About zero, I mean except for the fact they both have mesh grilles.
    and please....no mesh grills for the ATS; they're tacky and do nothing for the car.....

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post

and please....no mesh grills for the ATS; they're tacky and do nothing for the car.....
    It's a V. Like all other Vs, it will have mesh grilles. As it should. Nothing tacky about maximum cooling...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.