ATS-V wishlist??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Since there isn't an ATS-V thread group yet, it made sense to ask here... And I know it'll eventually focus ...
    bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

ATS-V wishlist??

Since there isn't an ATS-V thread group yet, it made sense to ask here... And I know it'll eventually focus on the powertrain... :-) So what would you like? Let's try to discuss everything.

----------

Rand49er brought up a few good points which should very well make it to production. Wider wheels/tires, mesh grille and an overall MORE agressive appearance. Personally, I would welcome functional fender vents or a tasteful vented hood. 19" wheels with sticky summer rubber and six piston front/four piston rear Brembos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977
    Since there isn't an ATS-V thread group yet, it made sense to ask here... And I know it'll eventually focus on the powertrain... :-) So what would you like? Let's try to discuss everything.

----------

Rand49er brought up a few good points which should very well make it to production. Wider wheels/tires, mesh grille and an overall MORE agressive appearance. Personally, I would welcome functional fender vents or a tasteful vented hood. 19" wheels with sticky summer rubber and six piston front/four piston rear Brembos.
    What more is there? Rear spoiler. Maybe ground effects (or whatever they call them nowadays) as an option. Definitely a more aggressive hood. Four exhaust pipes out the back (two on each side). Unique colors might be nice.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Superior handling.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Tracy.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Certainly more than just a higher-performance motor. Definitely a mesh grill, more rubber, 420 hp or more, availablity of white as an exterior color, ...

I can think of more (HUD, hand ebrake, form-fitting seats, etc), but I'd settle for the first list.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

HUD is on the base ATS. GM is putting HUD in everything now. I'd expect the Mesh Grill, 4 Pipes, Better Seats, and of course a Body Kit.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

19"s maxium, I'm tired of everything rolling on 20's because it's cool. Functionally from a performance car perspective, it doesn't make sense.

Unique colors was a good idea, mono-color matched or sueded headliners would be my thing to have.

a DCT would be a wet-dream, but it won't happen.

I'd also like some kind of acutal performance parts program, nothing fancy, forged rims, exhaust, diff cooler, *maybe* engine power uppers or something of the like. The germans are all over that, Cadillac should be too instead of the late to the party performance rotors and no-show diff cooler. This will acutally be a legitimate concern, because if they're shoving an all-new 1-off powertrain in there, they need to bump-start the aftermarket for us.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I don't think I'd be releasing any kind of secret if I mentioned GM is a global company and we have some Germans of our own.

yes, the question though is are our germans better than their germans?

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Certainly more than just a higher-performance motor. Definitely a mesh grill, more rubber, 420 hp or more, availablity of white as an exterior color, ...

I can think of more (HUD, hand ebrake, form-fitting seats, etc), but I'd settle for the first list.
    I am sure it will get all that. But I would like to revise that to electronic parking brake like the V2. Hand brake levers take up very valuable console space.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    19"s maxium, I'm tired of everything rolling on 20's because it's cool.
    +1000

I would like to see 18" wheels. fwiw, the ATS on display had 18" wheels with VERY low profile tires. It was stated here somewhere that the Alpha was designed around smaller wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if the ATS-V rolls on 18s.

I too am tired of sedans rolling on SUV wheels.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    After a couple of years, I will admit the electric e-brake is the pimp. I will trade my old handle for the little button any day. Having a hill holder is very helpful...

I just want the console space back.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by WillK View Post
    I don't think I'd be releasing any kind of secret if I mentioned GM is a global company and we have some Germans of our own.
    No one, and I mean no one, likes GME. I deal with them daily, the most infuriating people possible (and I work for Germans).

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I just want the console space back.
    For more beverages?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    No one, and I mean no one, likes GME. I deal with them daily, the most infuriating people possible (and I work for Germans).
    GME doesn't even like GME.. If GME had it's way they would have branched off to re-form opel a LONG time ago.
    0AT E03 and 0AT E03 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.