Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS-V wishlist??

87K views 372 replies 45 participants last post by  yatman60 
#1 ·
Since there isn't an ATS-V thread group yet, it made sense to ask here... And I know it'll eventually focus on the powertrain... :) So what would you like? Let's try to discuss everything.

----------

Rand49er brought up a few good points which should very well make it to production. Wider wheels/tires, mesh grille and an overall MORE agressive appearance. Personally, I would welcome functional fender vents or a tasteful vented hood. 19" wheels with sticky summer rubber and six piston front/four piston rear Brembos.

#126 ·
I find it hard to say it was overpriced, when it was significantly cheaper then its class leader, the SL. IMO, it was under spec'd, under qualified. I think the price point was where it needed to be. To me it doesnt feel any more expensive inside then the 2nd gen CTS and derivatives. It didnt feel special.

#132 ·
I dont think all the coolers need to be standard. I think they should be part of a track package that includes Recaro's, track tires, a stiffer MRC setup, maybe stiffer sway bars, a brake upgrade if the standard ATS-V wont get the brake upgrade that was promised for the 2G CTS-V, more aggressive gearing, maybe even some Aero tweaks over the standard V, a more aggressive exhaust and intake for a slight power bump, and maybe some interior detailing. They could call it the MPG package...Milford Proving Grounds ;)

----------

Very.

#128 ·
So.....back on topic.

If I were to get an ATS-V, it would probably be a daily driver. That being said I would like to see 20/30 for fuel economy. I would be fine with a twin turbo V6. 6 speed manual with launch control, oil, trans, and diff cooler. I'd also like to see the 5 stability/traction control settings that the Corvette ZR1 and Camaro ZL1 have. CUE would also be a must have.

#130 ·
Would the cooling package (at least for the transmission and differential) be preferred as standard equipment (think ZL1) or as an option for buyers who would track their vehicle on a regular basis? I would like to drive my ATS-V on a track, but it wouldn't be a dedicated track car. So I'm thinking manufacture these components to be track capable at least.

#131 ·
^ I agree with that.
The car should have availability of factory designed trans/diff/brake cooling for track use.
It should be standard on a V, considering the price premium.
If they are going to claim Nurburgring development then the car should be equipped to be able to run at least 3 consecutive 'ring laps without overheating it's fluids.
Time wise, that is a good benchmark to assure survival of a typical track session.

#135 ·
The V is supposed to be the Track Package & it should have it all.

Since the ATS is a lower priced car (even within Cadillac), these features can be included in an ATS-V and still keep it affordable, compared to past V models and the cars it competes with.

#137 ·
I've already PM'd someone about this (I couldn't stand to sit on it any longer, it had been a whole three hours), but a little birdie said something about NA V8 in the V.

Mind you, I know it's a rumor (isn't what they call it when you've heard it about fifth hand?), but I just love this speculation stuff.

Reactions: lunarx
#143 ·
Funny, I remember talking to one of the engineers at the Cadillac Driving Labs in Nov '08 at Monticello.

In asking of future improvements to the CTS-V, the engineer didn't think a bump in the 556hp was gonna happen. He did think the next improvements would be weight reduction.

Since the next CTS is the stretched Alpha, I guess he was telling the truth...

#146 ·
This car needs a naturally aspirated V-8 making at least 450hp. They should give us some room to play with beefed up internals. It needs to be, hands down, lighter and faster than the M3 and V1. It should be a real track package. Best when it looks like a sleeper on the outside. They should add all the technical wizardry that's available, especially in the audio/video department. Optional ridiculous interior features like a mini-fridge or crazy leather choices(animal types), fur somewhere(not pimpy). Not blingy but more wild than the exterior. I definitely would like a new option that I don't know I need yet.Interiors should be completely customizable. Its a luxury brand....get luxurious.

#148 ·
I think GM is heading in a fantastic direction with the ATS, so I have no doubt the ATS-V will be awesome. As an '11 CTS-V owner, chances are high I'll grab an ATS-V next. I'm ambivalent about motor choice as long as it has around 450 hp or more.

My one wish list request is a very sophisticated rear differential, incorporating torque vectoring. -- I'm not asking for AWD with torque vectoring, I'm asking for RWD with torque vectoring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.