ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I think for what it was the XLR was way too expensive the first time around. If they want to ...
    Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

I think for what it was the XLR was way too expensive the first time around. If they want to take business away from european roadsters they have to drop the price. Value luxury/performance is the niche cadillac must carve.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

The XLR-V was indeed way overrpriced. But they are a steal now on the second hand market.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    The XLR-V was indeed way overrpriced. But they are a steal now on the second hand market.
    Got three all over 200 miles from me and all north of $50k. What were they new ... like $100k?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Something like that. Gizmo picked his up for less than $30k. I have seen a few other people post they got theirs around that price.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It was $100G on the nose. Crazy overpriced, like the STS-V...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I find it hard to say it was overpriced, when it was significantly cheaper then its class leader, the SL. IMO, it was under spec'd, under qualified. I think the price point was where it needed to be. To me it doesnt feel any more expensive inside then the 2nd gen CTS and derivatives. It didnt feel special.

You crazy.

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

So.....back on topic.

If I were to get an ATS-V, it would probably be a daily driver. That being said I would like to see 20/30 for fuel economy. I would be fine with a twin turbo V6. 6 speed manual with launch control, oil, trans, and diff cooler. I'd also like to see the 5 stability/traction control settings that the Corvette ZR1 and Camaro ZL1 have. CUE would also be a must have.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Light Weight, Manual Trans, Smooth High Revving 470HP NA V8, Gigantic Brakes.
    Anything less and they should not even bother with a V model.
    I'm sure a V6TT would sell just fine (probably better) without a V badge on it.
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

bruff1977 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Would the cooling package (at least for the transmission and differential) be preferred as standard equipment (think ZL1) or as an option for buyers who would track their vehicle on a regular basis? I would like to drive my ATS-V on a track, but it wouldn't be a dedicated track car. So I'm thinking manufacture these components to be track capable at least.
    lunarx and lunarx like this.

^ I agree with that.
    The car should have availability of factory designed trans/diff/brake cooling for track use.
    It should be standard on a V, considering the price premium.
    If they are going to claim Nurburgring development then the car should be equipped to be able to run at least 3 consecutive 'ring laps without overheating it's fluids.
    Time wise, that is a good benchmark to assure survival of a typical track session.
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I dont think all the coolers need to be standard. I think they should be part of a track package that includes Recaro's, track tires, a stiffer MRC setup, maybe stiffer sway bars, a brake upgrade if the standard ATS-V wont get the brake upgrade that was promised for the 2G CTS-V, more aggressive gearing, maybe even some Aero tweaks over the standard V, a more aggressive exhaust and intake for a slight power bump, and maybe some interior detailing. They could call it the MPG package...Milford Proving Grounds

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You crazy.
    Very.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    ... They could call it the MPG package...Milford Proving Grounds ...
    Outstanding!

This whole conversation is talking about different versions (models?) of the ATS-V. I'm wondering if GM would even embark on such a thing. The more you guys talk about it, the more I like the idea.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

The lack of a diff cooler on the V is very frustrating. Especially since the ZL1 gets it. If its a warm day and you're really going at it, you will not be able to complete your sessions before overheating the diff...

The V is supposed to be the Track Package & it should have it all.

Since the ATS is a lower priced car (even within Cadillac), these features can be included in an ATS-V and still keep it affordable, compared to past V models and the cars it competes with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.