ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Ain't my cup of tea. Sure could save a bundle on car wax, though....
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Ain't my cup of tea.

Sure could save a bundle on car wax, though.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I used to think matte looked really hot. Now it just seems too cliche to me. Maybe on a Corvette or Porsche, something that is supposed to look fast. But not on a Cadillac.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Factory matte colors are the rage now... (Veloster Turbo, Citroen DS4 Racing, M3 Frozen Gray, etc.) And I really like the look. Should Cadillac jump on the bandwagon too? What colors would you like to see get the matte treatment for the ATS-V?
    As a special option at least, yes.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I used to think matte looked really hot. Now it just seems too cliche to me. Maybe on a Corvette or Porsche, something that is supposed to look fast. But not on a Cadillac.
    Personally, I think it looks great on certain vehicles and horrible on others. If the vehicle has very sharp edges, very defined lines, then I like the look.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

I could go for a matte black for sure. Lambo has a nice looking matte blue, but unless they came out with a whole line I see them just having something like a black edition that would be matte.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think it depends on the cadillac, if we are talking your DTS style...then hell no. But I think it could work on CTS/ATS V series.

There are quite a few matte CTS-V out there. There are pictures in the V forum. I don't really care for it.

Id like to add an optional alcantara interior and a track computer to the wishlist.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    I could go for a matte black for sure. Lambo has a nice looking matte blue, but unless they came out with a whole line I see them just having something like a black edition that would be matte.

----------

I think it depends on the cadillac, if we are talking your DTS style...then hell no. But I think it could work on CTS/ATS V series.
    Absolutely it depends on the cadillac. I'd like to see a rally yellow option for the V, maybe even orange like the hot lava offered for a limited time in 08 for the CTS.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Saw a convertible the other day around here with the top down. Looked so cool. (We've had a highly unusually warm week for it being the third week in March.)

A convertible ATS-V. Hm-m ... I wonder ..........
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Instead of a convertible ATS, Id prefer to see a built-from-the-ground-up small roadster/convertible like the Solstice or Boxster. A car that would compete with the Z4 or SLK.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Instead of a convertible ATS, Id prefer to see a built-from-the-ground-up small roadster/convertible like the Solstice or Boxster. A car that would compete with the Z4 or SLK.
    The NEEEEWWWW Allante-V. You heard it here first...

The Alante was a rebadged Chevy, and that name is forever ruined in my opinion. Eldorado wouldnt be a good name either. Eldorado should be a big 2 door.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The Allante is not at all related to a Chevy. It was built on the V-body platform, which was a shortened version of the platform used for the Eldorado and Riviera. It only used Cadillac engines, too. It was also built by Pininfarina in Italy, and was famous for being transported by a 747. It was not considered to be a success, though.

I think you are thinking of the XLR, which was built on the Corvette platform, though it didn't share a lot of parts with that car, either. For instance, the XLR had a Northstar engine, and the XLR-V had a supercharged Northstar, both with an automatic only. It only came with an electric folding hardtop, something never available in the Corvette. It had it's own body, interior, and suspension, too. Calling it a re-badged Corvette is pretty far off the mark, IMO. It also was not considered to be a success, which is why it was dropped and hasn't been replaced.

The original Eldorado was first produced in 1953 as a convertible only and remained so through 1955. From '56 through 1960, there were multiple body styles, with the convertible being the Biarritz. From 1961 through '66, it was a convertible only again, the very top of the line except for the limousine. In 1967, it became the front drive personal luxury coupe built on the Toronado platform, though it was offered in a convertible off and on for the rest of it's production (remember the 1976 Eldo convertible, supposedly the last convertible to be made!). Thus, the idea of using Eldorado as a name for a convertible isn't so far fetched, though it's not the name most people would associate with a Cadillac convertible anymore.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the ATS-V, except that if they ever do decide to make the ATS as a convertible, I suppose a V version would be appropriate, since Mercedes, BMW and Audi all have high performance four seat convertibles.

The Allante has a pretty sizable cult following. The guys who still have them love them. Might not be a great car to most of us, but I respect the guys who keep them and take care of them. It is indeed a car with a great story.

As for the XLR, I have been in them, and at least the V, is one helluva car. It moves.

----------

There is supposedly a 2nd generation XLR in the works. Those who have seen the proposed specifications say it's going to be a phenomenal machine that will make the first gen look like kid stuff.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

There is supposedly a 2nd generation XLR in the works. Those who have seen the proposed specifications say it's going to be a phenomenal machine that will make the first gen look like kid stuff.
    I would love to see that. I would love a convertible but I worry about leg room in smaller 3 series size cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.