ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JimmyH Just because Linux is opensource, does not mean CUE will be. It has to be to ...
    M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Just because Linux is opensource, does not mean CUE will be.
    It has to be to a point.. it's apart of the GNU license to use Linux.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I suppose. Plenty of folks here have talked about hacking the radios. No one has ever done it. Jesse came the closest. Even with open source, who wants to hack a radio that's going to cost $3k to replace if it's screwed up?

I suppose. Plenty of folks here have talked about hacking the radios. No one has ever done it. Jesse came the closest. Even with open source, who wants to hack a radio that's going to cost $3k to replace if it's screwed up?
    The way CUE works, it wouldn't cost $3K. You'd just reload the software. These infotainment centers are basically full-blown computers with OS's on a HDD. Technically you should be able to wipe and re-load the regular CTS's Nav infotainment, it's just windows mobile after all. I'm surprised I haven't heard of someone saying they've had to have it done yet to be honest.

I meant if you screw up the hardware. Computer hackers blow out their motherboards all the time.

I meant if you screw up the hardware. Computer hackers blow out their motherboards all the time.
    Overclocking destroys mainboards, software changes though, you're safe there. I've never heard of screwing up an operating system enough that it's caused hardware failure on anything.

Oh, you need to check out the hacking boards. They hack EVERYTHING. It's not just overclocking. The bios, the chipset, everything. But then, if they fry a $200 mobo, no big deal. Just buy another one. BIOS changes are the main thing that destroys a mobo. Doesn't destroy it, per se, but if the mobo won't respond, it might as well be.

I am sure it would be extremely difficult to brick a car head unit, I'm just saying anything is possible.

Oh, you need to check out the hacking boards. They hack EVERYTHING. It's not just overclocking. The bios, the chipset, everything. But then, if they fry a $200 mobo, no big deal. Just buy another one. BIOS changes are the main thing that destroys a mobo. Doesn't destroy it, per se, but if the mobo won't respond, it might as well be.

I am sure it would be extremely difficult to brick a car head unit, I'm just saying anything is possible.
    DUDE.. you're talking to one of the rare super-geek super car-nut hybrids in existence here. I'm fully aware of what the dark side of computer modifying entails. I've done everything from SMP 604pin Xeon's with pin mods on a PC-DL to messing with the M17X R2 I'm typing on now. The computer I'm typing on now has a hacked Bios and is overclocked.

I understand that it's possible, but the people that typically make these changes have the $3K GM equipment to do it, given that CUE has built-in expandability, and given that the GNU license requires GM to divulge their source code, I don't think it'll take very long for people to come out with their own apps that are mostly safe to use, with the exception that they'd be a bit buggy.

DUDE... all I am saying is I am not going to be the one to start messing around with a factory radio. Fate suggests I will F it up.

----------

Also, I am one of the super-rare super geeks who built and welded his own computer chassis but I don't mess with overclocking or mobo mods

Oh, yes, I hear you there. Not a chance I'm going to play guinea pig. I can't afford to throw away stuff like that if I have to try blind-reflash anything.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I'll take a mircofiber/suede headliner also...

CaddyShack CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Cts4 ; 3.6L DI

I'm probably going to get shit for this.. but an option for AWD. Definately 450 +- hp..

Some nice exterior / interior mix of colors would be nice. Car companies have great colors for the luxury line, but the performance gets carbon fibre, or all bland black. Although I haven't seen it in person the ATS with the black exterior, red interior looked nice for sportyness. But the beige interior with the wood trim I saw online looked amazing. Please, just don't limit the interior colors.. I was looking at the jeep grand cherokee the other day and the SRT-8 only comes in like 1 or 2 interior colors to make it "sporty". Blehhh

Sports cars like the GTR, 911 etc have very good AWD systems. But they are also $$$$$. At the ATS-V price point, I wouldn't want awd. Speaking of the Jeep SRT8, from what I read, the only reason it is possible at that price point is highly oppressive torque management.

Sports cars like the GTR, 911 etc have very good AWD systems. But they are also $$$$$. At the ATS-V price point, I wouldn't want awd. Speaking of the Jeep SRT8, from what I read, the only reason it is possible at that price point is highly oppressive torque management.
    When I was writing about the jeep srt8 I wasn't talking about them obviously having an awd system. Instead, I was talking about the interior color schemes are limited. You can't get the overland-type of interiors. I think the colors are black and gray..

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Factory matte colors are the rage now... (Veloster Turbo, Citroen DS4 Racing, M3 Frozen Gray, etc.) And I really like the look. Should Cadillac jump on the bandwagon too? What colors would you like to see get the matte treatment for the ATS-V?

Probably matte black? I haven't seen many matte colors on many new cars tbh so I'm not sure how that'd look. Didn't the cts-v get a matte black treatment on the coupe. Or was that just that justin beiber car, LOL? Just wondering but does that matte black paint job feel different if you touch the car metal? Is it like a spray can, weird feel, or is it normal sleek feel that a standard 'shiny' paint job has.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.