ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; No AWD. Ever....
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

No AWD. Ever.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No AWD. Ever.

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

I want a 650 HP+ ATS-V. Heck, Ford already has 650 HP and 600 TQ in their 2013 GT500 coming in May and for less than $60K. GM has a lot of work to do on the ATS-V and next gen CTS-V in order to compete in the HP wars.

GM has the formula down with chassis refinement and handling and curb weight of the ATS, but they just need to dial up the power and I am ready to snatch one up! Of course, make mine an ATS-V COUPE!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think you might see a 650 hp 3rd gen CTS-V. I would not expect that kind of power on the ATS-V though. Not if Cadillac are sticking to their credo of competing head to head with BMW.

----------

Besides which, I have heard stories that these 600+ hp cars are tricky to insure.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

650 hp in a 3400 lb car? That's a dream. Could it happen? Well, we didn't believe we'd see 400 hp in an '04 CTS-V, so who knows.

Personally, if we get a 3.6 TT with 440-450 hp and a warranty, I'd be thrilled.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think you might see a 650 hp 3rd gen CTS-V. I would not expect that kind of power on the ATS-V though. Not if Cadillac are sticking to their credo of competing head to head with BMW.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Emissions regulation and rising fuel costs are probably going to choak the HP wars here shortly. I would be astonished if the next CTS used an engine that made more than 5% more than what the current one does. Since it's on an alpha platform (presumably) I'm betting it'll be a car that uses weight reduction and more efficient transmission choices to make it faster, me personally, I'm hoping there's some ceramic brake option of some sort. The Corvette guy's have had their fun with being exlusive, and every german super sedan has had them for a while now. I know in the real world they don't make sense, but neither does a 556hp sedan either.

A near 4000-4100lb CTS-V with DCT, ceramic brakes and F/I Gen V sounds like a winner to me, but I'd settle for any 3 of those.
    Besides which, I have heard stories that these 600+ hp cars are tricky to insure.
    Just ask a viper owner.

I am most interested in fuel economy these days. My next car has to be 30 mpg highway. Considering I am eeking out 24 with my Camaro, I am hopeful the ATS-V will be able to do it.

----------

The rumor mills are all pointing to 380 hp. If they can keep under 3700 lbs, I would be quite satisfied with that.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

[/COLOR]
    The rumor mills are all pointing to 380 hp. If they can keep under 3700 lbs, I would be quite satisfied with that.
    I hope not, an E60 Sedan with that wonderful V8 sometimes weighs under that much, and then you're talking about a V with 60HP more than the lower-spec'd V6, so it would need to be the lotus elise of the ATS line to make up for that, which would be hard to do seeing as you'll be able to spec magneride on the base ATS. An ATS-V needs 100Hp over the next lowest model, that's how these car's have worked for decades. That means 420+.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Emissions regulations and rising fuel costs aren't the only things that are going to choke the horsepower wars. Cars are just getting too fast. And they're getting into the hands of irresponsible people. Eventually cars are going to have to slow down. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point in the not too distant future, we're all racing cars not much faster than Toyota Corollas. We'll eventually get used to it and the cars doing 14 second quarter miles will feel fast again. 10 second cars all over the street is, honestly, ridiculous.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Right. 0-60 times for plebeian family sedans trump sports cars from 20 years ago. Consumption, not emmissions, will affect things. Even still, I think performance remains a priority for the US

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

I don't think the HP wars will end anytime soon. They are just getting started!

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The US like many countries where space is plentiful crave speed.

If you see anything here in the US it will be the trend to raise speeds in the country and drop them in the city.

Super low speeds in Europe have never kept HP down. Consumption keeps HP from being in everyones hands, but there will always be places of cheap fuel and open spaces which shall demand high HP cars.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quite frankly, I think fuel economy is probably forcing the use of technologies used to acheive performance to achieve economy. CAFE basicly outlaws affordability, so the time when twin turbos were used for performance are turned into the times where twin turbos are used for fuel efficiency.

I can't see the hp wars going much farther. I mean 650 hp? That's crazy. In 10 years, high school kids will be buying 650 hp Mustangs. That's crazy. Where does it stop? 850 hp Corvettes? I am still surprised by the new GT500. The best performance tires on the market are not going to put 650 hp on the ground, and I don't see it coming from the factory with DRs.

I dunno, electronics and aerodynamics have really helped. I can see that working hand in hand with added efficiency...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.