ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I don't think there will be much aftermarket on the LF3. The LNF had some following (that's the Sky Solstice ...
    0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

I don't think there will be much aftermarket on the LF3. The LNF had some following (that's the Sky Solstice Turbo) but nothing like an LS series engine.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03
    I don't think there will be much aftermarket on the LF3. The LNF had some following (that's the Sky Solstice Turbo) but nothing like an LS series engine.
    That may be the case but I'm leaning toward a good aftermarket for any engine that can be used in a performance Camaro, V-Series Cadillac and possible Corvette.

Look at the aftermarket for the 335i. It's not an M3 - it's just a 3-Series with twin turbo.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    That may be the case but I'm leaning toward a good aftermarket for any engine that can be used in a performance Camaro, V-Series Cadillac and possible Corvette.
    I agree. I was indeed leaning toward it being in a single car. If it's going to be in a vette or camaro, I don't think there's any question anymore that this engine will have a long life of widely avaliable aftermarket.

There are two problems that happened there;
    1) volume; the twin-scroll was only in the GXP and they made <3K of those...
    2) brand image.

If Mr. Cadillac is correct, we're easily talking about a 100K+ unit engine here.
    I love the B5 S4. In fact, I'd like to own one some day
    It's a fantastic Vehicle, and anyone into sports sedans should own one at some point, and the old owners are dumping their K04 Stage 3 cars everywhere these days. You can pickup one for under $12K pretty easily.

I have a friend who owns a dealership who also owes me money looking out for a B5 S4 for me.

Since both the next Camaro and CTS will be on the same Alpha platform as the ATS, there can be the same engine options available across the board.

That and several other GM models will get the LF3 engine, including the XTS, Escalade group (along with Chevy and GMC) and probably the Enclave, Traverse and Cadillac version of that crossover SUV.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Look at the aftermarket for the 335i. It's not an M3 - it's just a 3-Series with twin turbo.
    It's not going in the Corvette, or the Camaro not even the Alpha Camaro as it will be too close in HP to the V8. Now the LTG Turbo might be seen in the Alpha Camaro instead of a V6. So you'd have it in the CTS (uplevel engine) and XTS (uplevel engine) not exactly performance burning cars. I sure hope they don't use the LF3 in the ATS-V it will hobble the aftermarket who will focus on the new LT1 V8, the uplevel version of that (you know it exists), and the LTG Turbo (which will be in tons of cars as the "hot" engine)

----------

I have a friend who owns a dealership who also owes me money looking out for a B5 S4 for me.

Since both the next Camaro and CTS will be on the same Alpha platform as the ATS, there can be the same engine options available across the board.

That and several other GM models will get the LF3 engine, including the XTS, Escalade group (along with Chevy and GMC) and probably the Enclave, Traverse and Cadillac version of that crossover SUV.
    LF3 won't package in a FWD application (sans the Lacrosse, XTS and Impala), not enough room. You might see it in the trucks, but GM doesn't buy into Turbo's like Ford does. The V8 is too protected in the truck group, I'd expect the LFX to be in the Trucks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    There are two problems that happened there;
    1) volume; the twin-scroll was only in the GXP and they made <3K of those...
    2) brand image.

If Mr. Cadillac is correct, we're easily talking about a 100K+ unit engine here.
    Disagree, this is a low-volume engine. You'll be lucky to see 100k units across all lines. The total volume of the new CTS is rumored to be 50k, much lower than the current car. GM sees most current CTS owners moving to the ATS. So you'll see maybe 10k-20k LF3's assuming it takes off, remember it doesn't package with AWD. If ATS-V gets the engine it could very well be the "volume leader."

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

You'll be lucky to see 100k units across all lines.
    I was referring to across all lines. In any case, all it takes is demand, volume is typically just a helper. The B5 S4, Dodge Neon SRT-4, Evo , WRX STi's of their respective generations and similar other vehicles with *huge* followings all have sub 20K production numbers(the neon has < 21K technically).

So you'd have it in the CTS (uplevel engine) and XTS (uplevel engine) not exactly performance burning cars
    There are plenty of people that modify the 5 series, e-class and A6 when F/I motors are available.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Is the LF3 really rated at about 380 hp? That's not enough. It needs another 10% or more ... preferably more.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

The LF3 has over 400 horsepower. That's all I know so far.

If the turbo engine I've been hearing about for the Alpha Camaro is the "four" and not the "six", I'll be disappointed. I think there's plenty of room for a "fast" Camaro and a "very fast" Camaro. Same goes for the CTS.

The LF3 has over 400 horsepower. That's all I know so far.

If the turbo engine I've been hearing about for the Alpha Camaro is the "four" and not the "six", I'll be disappointed. I think there's plenty of room for a "fast" Camaro and a "very fast" Camaro. Same goes for the CTS.
    We'll probably see a 300 HP Turbo 4, a 450-475 HP V8 and of course, eventually, a supercharged V8 making about 600 HP. No need to have a Turbo 6 making 20-50 HP less than the V8. The CTS doesn't need a regular V8. You'll go from a turbo 6 to a supercharged 8. Basically the LF3 and the new LT1 play in the same sandbox. Right? If you know the LT1 is in a car line, you can pretty much assume it won't have an LF3 and vice versa. The engines are just too close.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I was referring to across all lines. In any case, all it takes is demand, volume is typically just a helper. The B5 S4, Dodge Neon SRT-4, Evo , WRX STi's of their respective generations and similar other vehicles with *huge* followings all have sub 20K production numbers(the neon has < 21K technically).

There are plenty of people that modify the 5 series, e-class and A6 when F/I motors are available.
    Totally differnet cars, with 4-pots, but the LTG will have support like those cars for sure. The latter statement I don't know how much I agree with.

I'm lost. So, where does that leave us for the ATS-V? Is there or is there not a TT3.6?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I'm lost. So, where does that leave us for the ATS-V? Is there or is there not a TT3.6?
    I'm confused as to whether the LF3 is a 3.0TT or a 3.6TT. The ATS surely either gets the LF3 or the LT1 (which is a V8).

I'll PM Jason.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

- Small block V8 offered with the 7 speed manual and/or the 8 speed auto.

- If they forego using the small block V8, I'd love to see the 2.0T 4 put together with another 2.0T 4, for a 4.0L TT DOHC V8 with 500HP.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks
    - Small block V8 offered with the 7 speed manual and/or the 8 speed auto.

- If they forego using the small block V8, I'd love to see the 2.0T 4 put together with another 2.0T 4, for a 4.0L TT DOHC V8 with 500HP.
    Our own little 750iL...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

al pettee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V Sedan

Supercharged, 6.2L pushrod V8 from the CTS-V, 6-speed manual, AWD.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.