ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 22
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I really want this vehicle to be a success, but not necessarily from a sales perspective. More of a brand ...
    bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

I really want this vehicle to be a success, but not necessarily from a sales perspective. More of a brand building angle. We all know Cadillac is on a roll now, especially with last month's sales figures in:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/03/m...roses-edition/

Can the ATS-V officially put Cadillac back where it belongs? Like the GT-R did for Nissan? Or should another vehicle stake that claim? (Upcoming RWD flagship perhaps)

Sell these cars knowing GM will lose money on each and every one of them for the sake of brand building, industry publicity, and media accolades?

I wish the engineers for this vehicle put their all in this with no regard of pecking order or bean-counting.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Sell these cars knowing GM will lose money on each and every one of them for the sake of brand building, industry publicity, and media accolades?

I wish the engineers for this vehicle put their all in this with no regard of pecking order or bean-counting.
    GM doesn't need to take a loss with Cadillac. The secret to luxury vehicles is that they don't cost that much more to make than entry level vehicles but you can charge exorbitant prices for them. Their 100 million dollar profit margin is heavily influenced by Cadillac's 200K annual sales, as small as that volume that may be.

Should stainless steel brake lines be standard on this vehicle? Are they standard on Ms and AMGs and the like?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

An app in CUE to tune the software controlled aspects of the car like the steering feel, shift speed, throttle response, magnetic ride, the M5 has this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Should stainless steel brake lines be standard on this vehicle? Are they standard on Ms and AMGs and the like?
    They're not on any V ever made yet...

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Wouldn't ceramic brake pads be better?

For lesser accumulation of dust, absolutely. I'm looking for a great pedal feel, and no worries about eventual deterioration. I know it's a fairly cheap upgrade... Hopefully UUC will have something available.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

For lesser accumulation of dust, absolutely. I'm looking for a great pedal feel, and no worries about eventual deterioration. I know it's a fairly cheap upgrade... Hopefully UUC will have something available.
    Pardon my ignorance, but since my ATS has Brembo brakes, does that mean they designed the entire braking system on the ATS, or just the pads?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but since my ATS has Brembo brakes, does that mean they designed the entire braking system on the ATS, or just the pads?
    the Brembo brakes are front 4 piston calipers and pads everything else is GM including the new rust free FNC rotors
    EnvoyBu likes this.

Brembo hopefully is all around for the ATS-V, six pot in front, four in the back... With the SS lines.

Brembo hopefully is all around for the ATS-V, six pot in front, four in the back... With the SS lines.
    that would equal the CTS-V and would rip your face off, as awesome as that would be, I think a slight rotor size bump or ventilated in front and an upgrade to a 2 pot Brembo in back instead of the single pot floating would be fine. the 4 pots we have now are really awesome already

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    that would equal the CTS-V and would rip your face off, as awesome as that would be, I think a slight rotor size bump or ventilated in front and an upgrade to a 2 pot Brembo in back instead of the single pot floating would be fine. the 4 pots we have now are really awesome already
    No. Save words like 'fine' for the regular ATS. The V should have fantastic braking that you can repeat over and over again. 14" ventilated 2-piece rotors, 6potF/4PotR... Instead of matching the M3, continually playing catch up, set the bar.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    No. Save words like 'fine' for the regular ATS. The V should have fantastic braking that you can repeat over and over again. 14" ventilated 2-piece rotors, 6potF/4PotR... Instead of matching the M3, continually playing catch up, set the bar.
    Right, the ATS-V should be very special and exceed the M3. That's why some of us are lobbying for the proven performance of the American V8. The TTV6 is fine for the XTS and variations of the standard CTS and ATS.

Jud
    lunarx likes this.
    Jud

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

ATS-Sport should have the TTV6, while the ATS-V should have a V8. Simple, huh!

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Right, the ATS-V should be very special and exceed the M3. That's why some of us are lobbying for the proven performance of the American V8. The TTV6 is fine for the XTS and variations of the standard CTS and ATS.

Jud
    I actually agree. I wont cross shop any cars if the V comes with the LT1 or LS7(LT7?) and a 6 speed manual or DCT and RWD and 2 doors. It would be the Cadillac Ive been dreaming about since the 1st gen CTS came out. With a TTV6 and only 4 doors, Ill crossshop the M3/4. People keep saying that BMW is moving forward with the times by turbocharging and going to smaller displacement. Thats one way of looking at it. The other way is that BMW is going back to their bread and butter, an I6 and updating it with turbos, which is akin to the LT1 (GM's bread and butter with modern updates. The ATS is going to need 450, there is no doubt about that. The LT1 is allready at that level, and it should be less then 50 lbs heavier then the LF3, if that much at all, and it will have a lower center of gravity. I have no doubt, tho, that the LF3 in the ATS-V will make 450 hp. It will get its ass handed to it, with 420. It seems Cadillac knows how important the product is, now, versus the old way of building based on cost. I really hope they deliver the goods with this car.

For arguments sake, the 328i is faster then the ATS 2.0T in a straight line, with less advertised hp. They dyno about the same, but the 328i is still faster. BMW consistently makes better use of its power, it seems.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    ATS-Sport should have the TTV6, while the ATS-V should have a V8. Simple, huh!
    Yes, exactly. Actually, I think the TTV6 should replace the LFX entirely. A low hp TTV6 is needed to compete with the 335i, which is much faster then the 3.6L. The ATS is so close to being a great car, but the drivetrains need a little more work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.