ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 21
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by boycer11 Had my dealer do a nation wide search for a 3.6 awd auto red/red interior. He ...
    exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Quote Originally Posted by boycer11 View Post
    Had my dealer do a nation wide search for a 3.6 awd auto red/red interior. He found none anywhere, even said I would do silver exterior, nothing. I needed a vehicle now, couldnt wait to order one. So now I might as well wait and see what the v will bring to the table. I am excited about the ats-v and will be putting an order in if it is good as I hope it is.

If you dont like my post, dont feel the the need to read them or respond. Thanks
    They didn't look very hard then.. There was one on the lot I got my car from..

boycer11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
    They didn't look very hard then.. There was one on the lot I got my car from..
    Does it have the stock premium wheels or the upgraded ones? Did it have all other options? I've driven out to Ohio to pick up a gmc typhoon a long time ago. Wish I still had that.

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by boycer11 View Post
    Does it have the stock premium wheels or the upgraded ones? Did it have all other options? I've driven out to Ohio to pick up a gmc typhoon a long time ago. Wish I still had that.
    Honestly don't remember off the top of my head, I'll see if it's still there tomorrow if I am in the area though

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    The GM eight speed auto transmission should be in use when the ATS-V is released. Could it be 'geared' towards performance? Would you want it in this type of vehicle?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Not after the warranty expires.

We all would like a more aggressive looking ATS-V. But what is aggressive exactly? I'm looking for a slight increase in the bulges on the fenders. A wire mesh grille (not plastic). A true (but not outrageous) rear diffuser...

atssponge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): G8 GT and WRX Wagon

Sat in a ATS Turbo over the weekend. Seats need some help. Better seats are a must in the V. No way they fly in the V. The dealer did say this though, GM is testing a twin turbo V6 and may have a ATS-V 'plus' with the V8 (I assume the LT1). I haven't read through the last 15 pages of back and forth, but take that for what its worth.

p.s. Considering the Chevy SS has only an auto, this car is my last hope to have a manual. For the love of God give me a clutch!!

Been reading other forum posts and a comment has struck me. Should the ATS-V be the best car made on the Alpha chassis? Should it be faster, handle better and have better refinement than say the V2? Should the engineers have a 'build the best no matter what' mentality with this car?

Or should there be a pecking order amongst Vs? CTS-V3 > ATS-V1?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

At the minimum, I'd bet that GM is going to be sensitive to each car's performance level versus the others. Pecking order? Maybe ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

krummel21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

If you look at the standard ats vs the cts the power available is the exact same. Why not carry that onto the v series? It would be hard for me to justify an extra $10K for a car that only has 80 to 100 more hp.... I realise there are other great features that are added but this is what puts the biggest smile on my face. Pitch the v6 tt idea and give the small group of people that will buy this what they want, otherwise I see a lot of disappointed consumers.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    If we get a normally aspirated LT1 and the new Tremec 7-speed, I'm in. It shouldn't take away base C7 buyers because the ATS-V will probably be heavier.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Guys, if we get the TTV6 for the ATS-V, it's only a weak attempt at keeping up with the competitors; we need fearless leadership from GM, and they certainly have the engineering expertise. We're on a role and should stay on it. The "V's" are halo cars and deserve the best. V-8's are hard to beat and are appropriate. Auto transmissions are fine for chicks, but GM needs to offer enthusiast options at no cost to be competitive (Tremec 7-speed manual anyone?). Going backwards is a failure for GM. Even the next M3 will match or increase the bar set by the GM TTV6. So what 's the point? Back to basics time.

Also, we need a choice of seats like in the V2. The C7's seats look interesting, even its "base" seats.

Jud
    bruff1977 and bruff1977 like this.

The announcement of the CTS Vsport has me very skeptical that the TTV6, even a tuned one, will be available in the ATS-V. If there is a moderate HP bump from the two, say to four hundred fifty, I think shoppers would buy the Vsport (new styling, slightly more room, maybe lower price). Plus a quick mod could easily get the Vsport into V territory. I know weight would factor into decisions as well. I'm guessing the difference between these cars would be two hundred pounds.

And just for my happiness... The CTS-V3 is going to be SPECIAL.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Its not just about weight. Some will dislike the size of the 3G CTS.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Its not just about weight. Some will dislike the size of the 3G CTS.
    Yes. Exactly.

Cadillac has said on various occasions that a large majority of the reasoning behind the ATS is that 3 series buyers don't want a tweener, they want a 3 series sized car.

I count myself as one of those people. I happened to make a compromise and get into a large car because it was a very good american sports sedan, but if I had a choice, I would have rather had a smaller, nimbler vehicle.

Presumably being a v sport instead of an acutal V, a LF3 ATS-V will have up-rated components over said CTS Trim, or at the very least, the 200lb weight difference is enough for the same components to operate more effectively. There's also the consideration that the CTS V sport may not have a manual transmission option if it's heading twoard the asin 8 speed.

I really don't see a Vsport model infringing on ATS-V sales.

Clearly the 550i (and similarly the Aplina B5) didn't step on the toes of the M3 when they both employed variations of V8s. Nor did the C63 when it had literally the same (detuned) engine as the E63.

There's also the consideration that the larger vehicles are tuned to be more like GT cars than razor edged track-ready vehicles like the compact sedans are.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.