ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Seating needs to be performance-minded. Is Recaro the way to go? I've sat in plenty of V2 Recaros with no ...
    bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Seating needs to be performance-minded. Is Recaro the way to go? I've sat in plenty of V2 Recaros with no complaints (wasn't able to use the ventilation at the Houston V Academy a few years ago). Haven't sat in the performance seats for the Performance and Premium ATSs yet... Can GM create awesome seats or do these need to be 'outsourced'?

And what options are necessary for the seats?

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by boycer11 View Post
    auto, awd, lsa with 525 hp, mrc, and sport exhaust. Build it and I will buy one! ;-)
    Ill take the rwd LT1 with 150 less lbs over the front wheels. I do not want awd at all. I dont know of any awd car on the market that drives better then its rwd equivalent.
    I still want LT1, 6 spd manual, big brembos with 2 piece rotors, MRC, cockpit adjustable sway bars, active exhuast system, alcantara all through the interior, lightweight wheels with a wider track, HUD that displays competiton information like 0-60, 1/4 mile, g-forces, lap times, and GM performance division support with warranty.

----------

I have left knee issues with bowling, golf, and steel toed work boots, my reason for a auto. Course and driving a manual car right now.
    Thats funny. I bought an auto because of knee problems, and eventually got back into a manual too. I just drive it less now.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

boycer11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Ill take the rwd LT1 with 150 less lbs over the front wheels. I do not want awd at all. I dont know of any awd car on the market that drives better then its rwd equivalent.
    I still want LT1, 6 spd manual, big brembos with 2 piece rotors, MRC, cockpit adjustable sway bars, active exhuast system, alcantara all through the interior, lightweight wheels with a wider track, HUD that displays competiton information like 0-60, 1/4 mile, g-forces, lap times, and GM performance division support with warranty.

----------

Thats funny. I bought an auto because of knee problems, and eventually got back into a manual too. I just drive it less now.
    That was before we knew about the LT1. I would take the LT1 also. Course I still hope it has awd for winter so I can drive it all year round. I doubt dtiving difference will be that great between an awd vs rwd. Plus I like the acceleration in the wet of awd. Driving an awd tbss right now and enjoy the performance a lot.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post

----------

That was before we knew about the LT1. I would take the LT1 also. Course I still hope it has awd for winter so I can drive it all year round. I doubt dtiving difference will be that great between an awd vs rwd. Plus I like the acceleration in the wet of awd. Driving an awd tbss right now and enjoy the performance a lot.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I almost guarantee, you will not see an AWD high-performance car from GM.

To make a car with 400+ hp and AWD requires one of two things:
    -Heavy, expensive, robust drivetrain
    -Intrusive torque management

True driving enthusiasts (whom the V-series is targeted at) want neither. GM is smart to leave that little niche to pseudo-high-performance SRT.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I almost guarantee, you will not see an AWD high-performance car from GM.

To make a car with 400+ hp and AWD requires one of two things:
    -Heavy, expensive, robust drivetrain
    -Intrusive torque management

True driving enthusiasts (whom the V-series is targeted at) want neither. GM is smart to leave that little niche to pseudo-high-performance SRT.
    Probably why I find myself liking gm less and less every time they bring out a new vehicle. And I have never owned anything but gm. Even the new trucks looked disapointing.

I really liked the way the awd tbss handled the rain this morning. I could still get on it anf have a little fun without fear of losing control. Their was a rwd bmw in the grass sideways that lost control.

I might buy a rwd, but will then have to keep the trailblazer ss, find a 4wd truck, or might just get a vette instead. Course not to excited at what I have seen of the vette so far either.

Probably why I find myself liking gm less and less every time they bring out a new vehicle.
    Because they aren't offering overpriced/overweight/over-complicated vehicles with marginal performance enhancements like much of their competition?

Except for the ats and corvette, seems like everything is overweight. Guess I just hope the new vette is nice or they come out with a ats-v.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    All I hear from boycer is about what great cars they plan to buy. It gets tired...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    All I hear from boycer is about what great cars they plan to buy. It gets tired...
    Had my dealer do a nation wide search for a 3.6 awd auto red/red interior. He found none anywhere, even said I would do silver exterior, nothing. I needed a vehicle now, couldnt wait to order one. So now I might as well wait and see what the v will bring to the table. I am excited about the ats-v and will be putting an order in if it is good as I hope it is.

If you dont like my post, dont feel the the need to read them or respond. Thanks

It took me awhile to get that one out, so I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    It took me awhile to get that one out, so I won't...
    Are we talking posts or something else?

hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Are we talking posts or something else?
    Just about post I guess. I have been just trying to get others thought on a std ats, ats-v, or a cts-v. Guess it has his panties in a bunch because I am trying to put some thought into what vehicle I want to buy. I bought my daughter a new cruze for a high school graduation present, am helping her pay for college out in California, got a new house and bought two other cars this year. Next year is about me getting a special car. But I didnt think I really needed to share all that. I enjoy coming here learning and asking about these cars and might buy one.

We rib each other here. It's what we do. It's all good fun. Just go drive all the ATS and make up your own mind.
    I guarantee you one thing, not a single person here can tell you what car you are going to like the most.

I will, unless the ats-v is just way better. I will just order one then. Seems like the 3.6 and awd are hard to find right now. One dealer only had the base 4, other one had a 3.6 but it was in the showroom. Hopefully more 2.0t & 3.6 will become available when we get the v onfo.

The wife already gave me the ok, so the biggest hurdle is out of the way. ha ha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.