ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 19
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by VCONVERT It's time for Cadillac/GM to part ways with Bose for their stereo. I have owned a ...
    al pettee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V Sedan

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Quote Originally Posted by VCONVERT View Post
    It's time for Cadillac/GM to part ways with Bose for their stereo. I have owned a Cadillac CTS-V and while i loved the car the stereo system was really pathetic by comparison to other premium vehicles. My wife and I recently test drove a new SRX and again the Bose stereo sounded very anemic. By contrast a friend of mine has a BMW 550i and the sound system in his car is phenomenal. Come on GM ditch Bose - anyone who knows anything about serious stereo will tell you that Bose is all hype/marketing. Put a decent stereo system in the ATS and I may buy the V version of this car - otherwise I'll probably consider a BMW 550 or M3.
    This is the only stereo system I really want for the ATS-V:

corvette_ZR1_LS9_engine+.jpg
    lunarx and lunarx like this.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

It's time for Cadillac/GM to part ways with Bose for their stereo. I have owned a Cadillac CTS-V and while i loved the car the stereo system was really pathetic by comparison to other premium vehicles. My wife and I recently test drove a new SRX and again the Bose stereo sounded very anemic. By contrast a friend of mine has a BMW 550i and the sound system in his car is phenomenal. Come on GM ditch Bose - anyone who knows anything about serious stereo will tell you that Bose is all hype/marketing. Put a decent stereo system in the ATS and I may buy the V version of this car - otherwise I'll probably consider a BMW 550 or M3.
    The best BOSE stereo Ive heard is the 2nd GEn V. Its ok, but nothing special. Cadillac needs a new audio brand that doesnt produce crap audio and doesnt have a poor reputation. Boston is one possibility. Infinity is another. The argument is that the V doesnt need a great stereo. The regular CTS certainly does, tho. If the ATS BOSE stereo sounds worse, thats quite underwhelming.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
    I would almost bet that if GM decided to ditch the electronic steering for hydro, they would steal lots of "M" afficinados. But we both know that GM would never due it....
    Lack of feedback is not a given with electric steering. BMW hasn't figured it out, but the Camaro has gotten accolades for its electric steering, which is more direct, and has better feedback than the hydraulic assist it replaces.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by al pettee View Post
    This is the only stereo system I really want for the ATS-V:

Attachment 98427
    That engine is 3 times the cost of the LS3 and other engines. Not gonna happen

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

If electric steering frees up space for a V8, then I can live with that

Cadillac has a winning ATS-V in the bag.
    LS3 (or better LS_), V2 Brakes, V2 6MT (and 6AT), V2 Diff.
    With that, they will destroy all the competition.
    They would have to try real hard to mess this up and loose the performance game.

As we saw with the V2, people will buy a car for class leading performance.
    If the V2 was slower than AMG and M it would have been a very different story, regarding sales.

Refinement and looks are not going to sell the ATS-V.
    It needs to deliver top performance or it won't make a dent in the C63 & M3 segments.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a nice option to buy, when it finally gets built.
    Also, I don't want to have to mod it like crazy.
    Modern cars should be good out of the box.
    The technology exists and we are paying enough to get it.
    bruff1977 and bruff1977 like this.

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

A manual transmission has to be an option but it would be nice to have an available dual clutch automatic as an alternative - like the one in the BMW M series or the Nissan GT-R - with well-positioned paddle shifters.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Maybe... for the ATS-V. I think it would be safe to say it will be in the Cadillac lineup at somepoint. Just not sure when.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

A manual transmission has to be an option but it would be nice to have an available dual clutch automatic as an alternative - like the one in the BMW M series or the Nissan GT-R - with well-positioned paddle shifters.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

A new iteration of Performance Traction Management should be available with both transmissions for the V. I know whatever motor is used, it will have a lot of torque on hand. And I want to put to good use every foot-pound.

boycer11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

auto, awd, lsa with 525 hp, mrc, and sport exhaust. Build it and I will buy one! ;-)

blacaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by boycer11 View Post
    auto, awd, lsa with 525 hp, mrc, and sport exhaust. Build it and I will buy one! ;-)
    I am with you boycer11 although a manual and Vagon body would really nail me....what a combo!

Quote Originally Posted by boycer11 View Post
    So... Sort of like AMG... Same f/i engine with different tunes.

boycer11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by blacaddy View Post
    I am with you boycer11 although a manual and Vagon body would really nail me....what a combo!
    I have left knee issues with bowling, golf, and steel toed work boots, my reason for a auto. Course and driving a manual car right now.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    So... Sort of like AMG... Same f/i engine with different tunes.
    Yes, but a lot cheaper price point and probably not so look at me. ha ha

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

The CTS-V3 is going need AWD and the LSA.
    The E63 AMG and Audi RS6 will both be TT V8 with AWD and mid 3 sec 0-62mph times.

If the ATS-V gets the AWD and LSA that would be sick.
    It's not what I want from such a small sedan but if it was done I'd have the utmost respect for GM.
    They should do it just to test the drivetrain on a lighter ATS-V car before putting it in the upsized CTS-V3.

Hopefully, they also make a RWD Manual ATS-V, which is what I would still prefer to buy.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

After seeing a few ATSs around here (mostly on car carriers) plus pics of guys posting up theirs on here, I'm hoping GM puts some pizzazz in the exterior styling of the ATS-V. It's going to have to have a lot more than just a mesh grill. I wanna see some aggression while somehow maintaining a tasteful, classy air about it. Wider tires would help as would being lower. Beyond that, I haven't a clue what they'd do (bulging fenders, front splitter/rear diffuser?), but it needs something.
    lunarx, lunarx, bruff1977 and 1 others like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Anybody see that M performance steering wheel?

Def don't want that in this V... But the stats/info is useful... In the Heads Up Display working in conjuction with CUE. Maybe even a swipe 'up' would present the info on the HUD.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    I really like the steering wheel. 1/4 options is sweet! Watching this reminds me how much I'm going to miss the stopwatch option on my TSX. (Every time you start the car it resets a timer). I use it every morning on the way to work optimizing my route and timing traffic congestion ( I know nerdy, but what else can you do on your daily commute?)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.