ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; For the TTV6 supporters, wouldn't you want reverse flow heads, like the M5? That system seems to work real well ...
    lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    For the TTV6 supporters, wouldn't you want reverse flow heads, like the M5?
    That system seems to work real well based on HP/L.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

So, lets assume the V gets the V6TT...who will be the 1st to drop in the small block? An LS7 perhaps? Lingenfelter? Hennessey? Cadillac better do something absolutely spectacular with the V6TT (450 hp, no turbo lag, retuned Magnaride, warrantied factory performance support) otherwise I might just buy a 2nd hand ATS 2.0L with Magnaride, and send it to a tuner for a V8 swap. They had better work extensively on the V6TT exhuast note as well. The M3 will sound great, you can bet on that.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think it's safe to assume if GM doesn't go V8 with the V, someone will drop one in. I would like to see SLP work their magic. They seem to have the best bang for the buck.

besides, unless GM goes bankrupt again, there will be a 3rd gen CTS-V. And while this is solely my prediction, I am going with 3600 lbs and 560 hp LSA for the CTS-V3.
    i might as well make my prediction for the ATS-V as well. 3400 lbs (more extensive use of composites than the ATS) with a 400-450 hp V6.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think it's safe to assume if GM doesn't go V8 with the V, someone will drop one in. I would like to see SLP work their magic. They seem to have the best bang for the buck.
    The Hennessey VR1200 got me a little imaginative about what they could do with the Alpha chassis. Reputation nonwithstanding...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    For the TTV6 supporters, wouldn't you want reverse flow heads, like the M5?
    That system seems to work real well based on HP/L.
    I would have mixed feelings on the subject,

On the one hand it would be an overall better design for a stock engine.

On the other hand;
    it's fugly
    it's hard as crap fit larger turbos on
    it over complicates the design
    The exhaust goes straight over the trans-tunnel as opposed to the sides/ meaning the clutch flywheel are heated up faster,

I'd take side-mounted turbos over scorpion style tyvm.

besides, unless GM goes bankrupt again, there will be a 3rd gen CTS-V. And while this is solely my prediction, I am going with 3600 lbs and 560 hp LSA for the CTS-V3.
    i might as well make my prediction for the ATS-V as well. 3400 lbs (more extensive use of composites than the ATS) with a 400-450 hp V6.
    400 would be a big FAIL. 450 is a must.

I want an LS7 and a D3 widebody kit. A set of BBS CK's too...

I would love to see an LS7 put in the ATS-V. Widebody?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    lol wut.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    400 would be a big FAIL. 450 is a must.
    450 will likely be necesarry given the F30 isn't vastly heavier than the ATS. I believe a 335i F30 curbed <3600 in C&D's review, and we can expect the F30 m3 will curb very near that given that it's also getting a I6.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

We think that this car would offer more of a balanced approach rather than brute power and straight line acceleration. Dont get me wrong, having a burly V8 in a lightweight chassis will go a long way. But having plenty of power on hand with a dialed in chassis would please the masses one would think.

We have enough LS's and LS Race Engines sitting around our warehouse, I wouldn't put it out of the question that you might see a D3 ATS powered by something with at least 8 cylinders.... After looking in the engine bay, we have a few ideas of what can and cannot be done.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

America has always been about speed.

Hot raw nasty speed.

That's not to say I disagree with you, clearly Alpha is designed to be a drivers car, but I don't believe GM will opt for that over winning in straight-line acceleration. Half of car rags dedicate 1/4-1/2 of the car's specifications list to straight line figures.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

If balance is the desired result, thats more reason to dump the TT V6 and go NA V8.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

I am sure there will be plenty hot raw nasty speed when they roll this car out. They seemed to be VERY focused on what they were trying to accomplish with the ATS platform. Personally, I think that as long as the car beats the target market car in all categories, then they should have some satisfaction.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    America has always been about speed.

Hot raw nasty speed.

That's not to say I disagree with you, clearly Alpha is designed to be a drivers car, but I don't believe GM will opt for that over winning in straight-line acceleration. Half of car rags dedicate 1/4-1/2 of the car's specifications list to straight line figures.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.