ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by lunarx I don't get why GM is all secretive about what the V is getting. Just tell ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarx

I don't get why GM is all secretive about what the V is getting.
    Just tell us already so we can get in line for one or move on.
    because they don't know yet

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    because they don't know yet
    Oh they know alright. You can bet the barn it'll be the 3.6TT too...

The ATS-V is a year away. I highly doubt they have finalized the design yet.

The ATS-V is a year away. I highly doubt they have finalized the design yet.
    The motor has been chosen though.

I would bet an 11th hour change is not out of the question.

I would bet an 11th hour change is not out of the question.
    Interesting...

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

No shortage of opinion here. I'll add mine.

If ATS-V is announced with a GenV V8 and manual transmission within the next nine months, I'll buy one.

GM, are you paying attention?
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale.

It's that simple.

I know what you're thinking: "he says that now, but wait until he sees the specs on this TTV6." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. The V8 is the only engine I trust you not to screw up. Performance is guaranteed. Aftermarket is guaranteed. Respect from the cognoscenti is guaranteed.

I know what you're thinking: "German sedan buyers demand high-tech powerplants and do not see the smallblock V8 as such." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. Look, the German-entranced won't like your V6 either. They have V8s and I6s; a V6 is plebeian by comparison.

I know what you're thinking: "A TTV6 can deliver better city fuel economy; it's the engine we need above the NAV6." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. TTV6 is mainstream thinking; ATS-V is the tip of the sword, not a CAFE achiever. It must be the best you can do, and if Corvette's V8 isn't the best you can do, GM is far more lost than I thought and excuse me while I dump my stock...

I know what you're thinking: "A TTV6 is where the market is headed, and where Cadillac needs to be. The V8 is nothing but a stopgap." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. The V8 is GM's heritage. The V8 is GM's identity. Quit being embarassed by the thing that not only defines you but has rescued your reputation. Not just GM's, Cadillac's. Be honest. CTS-V and its smallblock V8 was the best ink you ever had and made you legit again. Not leveraging that market strength is equal parts arrogance and insanity.

I know what you're thinking. "The ATS-V needs to differentiate itself from the next Camaro." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. You don't differentiate yourself by coming up short. The next Camaro is a two-door with no luxury trimmings; it's a different market anyway. It's not like V8 fans will just buy a Camaro if there's no V8 ATS-V.

I know what you're thinking. "Some buyers actively state a preference for a TTV6, including some rabid performance fanatics." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. Bird in the hand.

I know what you're thinking. "But the TTV6 really is going to be great. We swear." No. Stop that.
    V8, sale. No V8, no sale. I've read your press releases before. Sorry, I don't trust you, not enough to buy an image-performance car with your new TTV6 from you. Not in the wake of the 2.8L TTV6 and the blown Northstar.

Build a TTV6. Make it the star of the new CTS lineup. Sell it in volume, if you can. Make it great. Drop it into the ATS-V when it's a real proven thing, and when buyers demand the engine you've built, not just what they think you could build.

Thanks for listening. I hope you take it to heart.

.Jinx
    lunarx and lunarx like this.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

^Nice Post!

I know what you're thinking....
    GM needs to put a V8 in the ATS-V.

If you think otherwise,
    No. Stop That.
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I've now owned 2 V8 Vs. For the ATS-V, I'd accept a TTV6. To claim they're clueless if they don't make it a V8 is ignoring the amazing work they've done on all the V series cars, to date.

Cadillac has my utmost trust to kill it again with this V...

Once again, I'd prefer a V8. But I would accept a turbo V6, as long as there is no lag.

TTV6 hooked up to an 8 speed automatic or 7 speed manual...

I am still trying to imagine driving a 7 speed manual.

If you had torque, you would not need a 7 (or 8) speed.
    They would just gear 5 & up for highway cruising anyways.
    Only Gears 1-4 are for acceleration or track use.
    (Maybey 5 briefly on a real fast track.)

I think the current transmissions are fine, until they can deliver a dual clutch.

In fact the current V8 is fine too ; )
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarx
    If you had torque, you would not need a 7 (or 8) speed.
    They would just gear 5 & up for highway cruising anyways.
    Only Gears 1-4 are for acceleration or track use.
    (Maybey 5 briefly on a real fast track.)

I think the current transmissions are fine, until they can deliver a dual clutch.

In fact the current V8 is fine too ; )
    Um, 5th gear in my V is very much needed. And you need 6th to hit 191...

With a 7th gear you could hit 220
    Looks like we need a TT V8.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.