ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by atssponge No sure why you are trying to prove your point. I own a 6L80 L76 3900LB ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

Quote Originally Posted by atssponge View Post
    No sure why you are trying to prove your point. I own a 6L80 L76 3900LB car and I can tell you it is very easy to bump up to the torque rating on it. Sure this car will be lighter, but not 1000lb lighter. ~3200 is still pretty heavy. Not to mention the granny OEM TM settings to keep all autos in one piece. I will use a third peddle or no V for me. You can have your PDK as I rather heel toe and match gears rather then count paddle blips (abrupt weight transfer is not for me).
    IF a DCT were to happen, it wouldnt replace the manual. It would replace either the auto, or both auto and manual.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I wish it were cheaper.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    Am I off base saying the ATS is the worst looking car in recent Cadillac history?
    Too tall, narrow and boxy.
    If it didn't have a V8, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it.
    With its lack of visual appeal, its going to need a mean sounding V8 exhaust note and some real serious power to get any respect.

GM had a Turbo V6 in the 89-90 Grand Prix. Some people thought it was cool but only because there was no V8 available that would fit in that car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I think it looks great.
    bruff1977 and bruff1977 like this.

It needs a wide body treatment.
    The interior is great though.
    The silly headlights can be fixed with tint.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

It's another one of those cars for whom pictures do not do it justice. You have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Like the CTS-V, I am sure the ATS-V will have a more aggressive stance.
    concorso and concorso like this.

The current TV commercial is spectacular, so at least it is being marketed properly.
    concorso and concorso like this.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    Am I off base saying the ATS is the worst looking car in recent Cadillac history?
    Yes, I think you are 'off base'. You own a 1st gen, like myself. That is the very epitome of tall, narrow, and boxy. Im not in love with the ATS yet, tho I havent seen one in person. Some of the styling is a little to blingy for my tastes. Tinted headlights, grill, and the V treatment should look fantastic, tho. The ATS looks good enough that as long as it drives like everyone whos driven it, says it does, then Im sold. Im absolutley in love with the interior. For comparison purposes, I love the exterior of the new 3er, but seriously dislike the interior. IMO, the new 3er is a 5 of 5 on the outside, and a 2 of 5 on the inside. The ATS is a 4 of 5 on the outside and a 5 of 5 on the inside. I want one badly.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

So the Performance and Premium line ATS have 18" x 8" up front and 18" x 9" out back... The V should increase tire/wheel diameter and width by an inch front and back.

I like the dark grille with the chrome surround (2 piece). That would be nice for the V treatment also, or at least as an accessory.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

With its lack of visual appeal, its going to need a mean sounding V8 exhaust note and some real serious power to get any respect.

GM had a Turbo V6 in the 89-90 Grand Prix. Some people thought it was cool but only because there was no V8 available that would fit in that car.
    If by recent history you mean "since the ATS and XTS came out" then sure that's understandable. If you're talking about history that goes back to your current vehicle, then you're pretty close to alone on that one I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    If by recent history you mean "since the ATS and XTS came out" then sure that's understandable. If you're talking about history that goes back to your current vehicle, then you're pretty close to alone on that one I bet.
    The CTS-1, CTS-2, STS, XLR, DTS were all very nice looking cars, from first sight.
    CTS-1 was actually good looking enough that the CTS-2 was a bit underwhelming untill people warmed up to it more (exterior excluded of course).
    CTS-1 was a very good seller and its the original V that was a huge part of building this forum.
    Clean examples of all the above cars still catch my eye today.

I think the ATS looks "nice", but too "plain Jane", (although the interior is outstanding).
    However, since its the "entry level" Cadillac, that's probably intentional, so it does not up-stage the higher end models.
    I just hope they flare the fenders for the V version and put a real engine in it, then it would be good.

Having just saw an XTS in person yesterday, I now say that the XTS is the worst looking Cadillac in recent history.
    That car had no visual apeal at all and for $60K it will be a very tough sell.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Having just saw an XTS in person yesterday, I now say that the XTS is the worst looking Cadillac in recent history.
    That car had no visual apeal at all and for $60K it will be a very tough sell.
    Time will tell, but as for now, they can't keep them on the lot. I am betting the ATS is going to be the same way. We will just have to wait and see how long the booming sales last.

SS1LE02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

you're high, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SS1LE02 View Post
    you're high, right?
    I'd have to be high to get excited about its looks.
    I think it's very plain looking (not necessarily bad looking).
    I could accept the plain apperance of the ATS, if it gets a real engine.
    Otherwise, it just comes off as a lower price alternative to the class leading cars (from other manufacturers).

By recent history I meant CTS-1, CTS-2, STS, XLR, even DTS which all looked better.
    I'm not going back any further than that, for obvious reasons.
    ATS is at least better looking than the XTS (now that I saw an XTS in person).
    Funny because the XTS looked great in pictures.

I don't get why GM is all secretive about what the V is getting.
    Just tell us already so we can get in line for one or move on.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

I can't fathom how the ATS is more boring looking than the STS. Hell, the design of the ATS is built off the design of your 05-V. It's the progression from that, getting more bold not more bland.

You sir confuse the hell out of me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.