ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I was going to point out the article that rand49er did, but he beat me. TTV6 is looking to be ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

I was going to point out the article that rand49er did, but he beat me.

TTV6 is looking to be most likely!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I was going to point out the article that rand49er did, but he beat me.

TTV6 is looking to be most likely!
    By the wording of their statement, they could just be reiterating previously stated predictions. Didn't seem like anything new or profound.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

FreddyG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Since this is a wish list, here goes:

V8 power (preferably an LS7, but Very cost prohibitive, but after all, this is a wish list I'd settle for an LS3 though)
    DCT trans with launch control (BMW or Porsche PDK style, but easier to engage) or an already mentioned 8 speed automatic.
    Carbon black (like on the Centennial Vette or 45th Camaro) or Diamond white color.
    19" wheels (I somewhat agree on 18's, but they'd have to fit over the 6 piston CTS-V front brakes )
    Panorama roof
    Good seats to hold you in while cornering. They don't have to be Recaro's, at least adjustable bolsters would be nice.
    CTS-V mesh style grilles would look Great too.

I can probably think of more stuff, but that's good for now! C'mon Caddie, just build it!
    lunarx, lunarx, concorso and 1 others like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

^you just built a $65000 ATS-V.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    With the LS7 and DCT, yes. With a well tuned slushbox and the LS3 replacement, thats mid-high 50's.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I dont want a twin turbo V6. It must be the V8. BMW is going back to their bread'n'butter with the new M3 afaik, I6 with 2 or 3 turbos. I want the ATS-V to use GM's best performance lump, the new V8. 450 hp is a must.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    With the LS7 and DCT, yes. With a well tuned slushbox and the LS3 replacement, thats mid-high 50's.
    I dont want a twin turbo V6. It must be the V8. BMW is going back to their bread'n'butter with the new M3 afaik, I6 with 2 or 3 turbos. I want the ATS-V to use GM's best performance lump, the new V8. 450 hp is a must.
    Who here would not be the first at their dealer to line up for a LS7 DCT at $65K?
    That's totally worth it and think how much you could save not having to mod it (heavily).

I'm glad to see more of you agreeing that it's not even up for debate, if the ATS-V isn't a V8 its a non-car.
    It's not enough to flatter the competetition with a 2nd best effort, people in this market want to buy the best a manufacturer can build.

... It must be the V8. BMW is going back to their bread'n'butter with the new M3 afaik, I6 with 2 or 3 turbos. I want the ATS-V to use GM's best performance lump, the new V8. 450 hp is a must.
    I don't follow BMW and can't speak knowledgeably about what they're doing, but this car simply has to compete.

GM: You better be listening.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I don't follow BMW and can't speak knowledgeably about what they're doing, but this car simply has to compete.

GM: You better be listening.
    it's not just the M3, the B8 rs4 is confirmed to be using the rs5 4.2L V8 with 450hp

FreddyG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    You're probably right, but it'd be Nice (and might even be worth every penny)`!

Cadillac probably wouldn't want to build something that would perform better than a CTS-V.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

It would most definitely be nice, except for the DSG part. I don't trust direct shift transmissions. And I prefer manual anyway.

But an LS7 powered ATS-V? helltotheyes

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    There is hypocrisy here.

People want a DCT type trans, but why? Because its the best of an automatic and a manual. You choose gears, it does it fast. But its not the purists route.

But then it has to have a V8. Why? If a TTV6 gets as good power and better mpg, then that should be the choice.

Don't give me latest tech in one argument and then traditional think in the other.

If you want a V8, you better be demanding a true manual transmission, PERIOD.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    There is hypocrisy here.

People want a DCT type trans, but why? Because its the best of an automatic and a manual. You choose gears, it does it fast. But its not the purists route.

But then it has to have a V8. Why? If a TTV6 gets as good power and better mpg, then that should be the choice.

Don't give me latest tech in one argument and then traditional think in the other.

I'm perfectly happy with a manual and I'm fairly certian GM plans to offer manual, as an option, since they don't have a DCT.
    Although they could easily buy the same DCT that Nissan does.
    If they did offer a DCT, I can't find a valid reason to object, although I might not want to pay the extra money for it.

I'm not concerned with gas mileage, so I don't see a TT V-6 as a better option than a LS V8.
    Although people claim turbos make the same power as V8's they don't offer the same driving dynamics or reliability.
    A TT V6 is not a car I want to drive, but to some it will probably be fine.

Honestly, the only thing I like about GM is the LS V8.
    If they loose that, I would loose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    ...Honestly, the only thing I like about GM is the LS V8.
    If they loose that, I would loose interest.
    GM is so-o tight-lipped about this with rumors on both sides, it seems to be almost a toss up right now between the TTV6 and a V8 ... which, if you're reading this GM, must make you happy as pigs in s--t.

Frankly, I could go either way, but the power has to put the ATS-V ahead of the competition.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I would be shocked if they didn't offer a 6MT and a DCT together.

BMW designed a special transmission for a Market in which they likely expect to sell <10K units, and the 6060 is so prolifically used in LS-V8's it wouldn't cost them anything in development $$$.

A DCT is unrealistic anyway, I expect a 6L80E with tap shift, but GM does not have a history of out-sourcing major components like this for special circumstances. They had to put a lot of their projects on hold during the restructure, their 8 speed autos included, so I'm sure a DCT isn't even a glimmar in an engineer's eye just yet except maybe for a future C7.
    I'm not concerned with gas mileage, so I don't see a TT V-6 as a better option than a LS V8.
    The goverment's concerned, which mean's GM's concerned. That's all that matters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.