ATS-V wishlist?? - Page 10
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, ATS-V wishlist?? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I would rather they spend the money making the car lighter. Get the V down to 3200 lbs, and you ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: ATS-V wishlist??

I would rather they spend the money making the car lighter. Get the V down to 3200 lbs, and you wouldn't need coolers, since the drivetrain wouldn't be as taxed.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I've already PM'd someone about this (I couldn't stand to sit on it any longer, it had been a whole three hours), but a little birdie said something about NA V8 in the V.

Mind you, I know it's a rumor (isn't what they call it when you've heard it about fifth hand?), but I just love this speculation stuff.
    lunarx and lunarx like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

^ Nice rumor.
    If you hear any more like it keep us posted.

Jock itch is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I've already PM'd someone about this (I couldn't stand to sit on it any longer, it had been a whole three hours), but a little birdie said something about NA V8 in the V.

Mind you, I know it's a rumor (isn't what they call it when you've heard it about fifth hand?), but I just love this speculation stuff.
    As a prospective buyer, this rumor makes me happy. No V8, no sale for me. I'm holding off my purchase until these rumors are verified by GM.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

^^Right... That is an awesome rumor. I'm all for it coming to fruition. Sooo... Pricing has been released for the non-V ATS, and the 3.6 starts at $42090. Here's to the ATS-V starting under $50k... even with that rumored V-8...

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    ^ Nice rumor.
    If you hear any more like it keep us posted.
    Will do, Ernie.

I'm seriously considering that if this is true, I'll throw a maggie on it as soon as a kit becomes available. That's how much I love my current setup.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

The (even more extreme) weight loss has validity. Maybe a few (if not all) of the development engineers for the ATS should have some input for the V... I wonder if they met the limits of weight loss without using exotic materials...

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Funny, I remember talking to one of the engineers at the Cadillac Driving Labs in Nov '08 at Monticello.

In asking of future improvements to the CTS-V, the engineer didn't think a bump in the 556hp was gonna happen. He did think the next improvements would be weight reduction.

Since the next CTS is the stretched Alpha, I guess he was telling the truth...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

A Gen 3 CTS-v in a stretched Alpha could weigh, what ... ~3,700 lbs? Wouldn't need all of that 556 hp then.

Or would you?

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I would guess more than that. But if it could come in around 4,000, that would still be a big improvement...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

This car needs a naturally aspirated V-8 making at least 450hp. They should give us some room to play with beefed up internals. It needs to be, hands down, lighter and faster than the M3 and V1. It should be a real track package. Best when it looks like a sleeper on the outside. They should add all the technical wizardry that's available, especially in the audio/video department. Optional ridiculous interior features like a mini-fridge or crazy leather choices(animal types), fur somewhere(not pimpy). Not blingy but more wild than the exterior. I definitely would like a new option that I don't know I need yet.Interiors should be completely customizable. Its a luxury brand....get luxurious.
    Jinx, Jinx, lunarx and 3 others like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    A Gen 3 CTS-v in a stretched Alpha could weigh, what ... ~3,700 lbs? Wouldn't need all of that 556 hp then.

Or would you?
    all of the next gen super sedans still troll around with 4200-4300lb curb weights. a v8 with a lot of low end torque in a car that's ahead 200-300lbs off the competition will go a long way.

curvedinfinity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I think GM is heading in a fantastic direction with the ATS, so I have no doubt the ATS-V will be awesome. As an '11 CTS-V owner, chances are high I'll grab an ATS-V next. I'm ambivalent about motor choice as long as it has around 450 hp or more.

My one wish list request is a very sophisticated rear differential, incorporating torque vectoring. -- I'm not asking for AWD with torque vectoring, I'm asking for RWD with torque vectoring.

Will do, Ernie.

I'm seriously considering that if this is true, I'll throw a maggie on it as soon as a kit becomes available. That's how much I love my current setup.
    Here's an article about the 2014 CTS with another prediction that the motor will be a TTV6:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-2014.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

S
    orry, Ernie.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Its it too late to ask them to redesign it?

Maybe just paint a backbone on it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.