IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by youknooow Right by forming an agreement with the auto manufacturers to increase corporate fuel economies, con't support ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8...

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    Right by forming an agreement with the auto manufacturers to increase corporate fuel economies, con't support for the auto bailouts – saving jobs and a positive impact on the economy, yup this administration doesn’t want people to be able to fill up their tanks, man give me a break.
    Saving jobs maybe, but that was about votes. Turning down Keystone, wasting money on Solyndra, raising the tax credit for electric cars, burning up millions supporting flawed climate models ... hardly showing a desire to fill tanks. Plus, the auto bailout was about votes, nothing more. Auto industry had no choice in new FE standards. Is complete fiscal irresponsibility filling up tanks?

There's your break.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    I would bet if camaro lt goes to 270 ford will follow suit with the mustang.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    You would think with the 335i having a detuned turbo6, Cadillac would do the same for the ATS. If they truly want to go head to head with BMW, that is what they need to do. ATS Standard, performance, premium, and add a new tier with the turbo6. Then the V with a V8.

As for the Camaro, there are plenty of LT guys who are into modding. I don't think GM was prepared for that. So it would make sense to give them the 2.0T if it's going to be as tune-able as everyone is claiming. But, it will HAVE to sound GOOD. Those guys won't buy a Camaro if it has that old-school 4-banger soundtrack.
    But the 335i will get an "up-turbo'ed" 2.0L pushing 300hp...

Meh, who cares. I have my SS. Once I get something as a daily driver to replace it, the modding shall begin and everything from a 318i to M3 shall be seeing nothing by my taillights and exhaust tips...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo

But the 335i will get an "up-turbo'ed" 2.0L pushing 300hp...
    Again, where are you getting this? I think you just don't care to examine anything.

The 335i will have a 6 cyl engine, still. Period.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Again, where are you getting this? I think you just don't care to examine anything.

The 335i will have a 6 cyl engine, still. Period.
    You are right for now. But it is not period. Just wait and see.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo

You are right for now. But it is not period. Just wait and see.
    The 335i WILL have a turbo 6. The 328i WILL have the turbo 4. What is so hard to understand?

f2000keith is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

It's going to be a 6. It's too bad because an 8 would have been awesome.

Chubbilicious420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If it doesnt get a V8 I will be getting a V wagon or more probably a E550 or a 300 srt8 when I trade my 120K V in.

f2000keith is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Aside from what my instructor said, I'm guessing it won't. One of the selling points of the ATS with the 3.6 is a 50/50 weight balance. An 8 would hose that up and throw off the handling of the car. I can't blame you for getting a V wagon though. That's badass! When I was on track with one, being in a station wagon was the farthest thing from my mind when driving it.

It has nothing to do with balance. The LS V8s actually weigh less than a 3.6DI (LS3=350lbs, LLT=370 lbs, LFX probably a little lighter). What weighs more is the transmission and powertrain, but that's distributed along the length of the car. There is one simple reason why the ATS-V is going to get a turbo 6; because the M3, its target, is going to have one.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

The M3 is not going to have a turbo V6; it's going to have a turbo I6. Huge difference.

No one said the M3 was going to have a turbo V6. We said "turbo 6."
    Regardless, who cares. An inline 6 does not run on magic dust like BMW would have you believe. It's an internal combustion engine. Nothing more.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

If no one cares about the difference between a turbo V6 and a turbo I6, why would the difference between a turbo I6 and a NA V8 be a problem? Your "one simple reason" doesn't really make sense.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    If no one cares about the difference between a turbo V6 and a turbo I6, why would the difference between a turbo I6 and a NA V8 be a problem? Your "one simple reason" doesn't really make sense.
    The difference between an all-new TT V6 or all-new TT I6 is essentially ease of working on the thing and natural balance.

The difference between an 6 and SBC is 60 years of V8 development, and 15 years of LS aftermarket .

a SBC V8 ATS would be an *instant* hot-rod sedan. One that would totally, and completly, take over the M3 for the younger tuner crowd.

an I6/V6 would sort of just 'be keeping up with the Germans' so to speak(even though the B8 RS4 has a 4.2).

The CTS-V is a perfect example of this. Both generations *easily* eclipsing the aftermarket support of any german super sedan, and they are freaking tweaner cars!

You're also considering the implied reliability of an established platform (the SBC) and the linear powerband a N/A engine provides.

There's also the noise consideration...
    Jinx, Jinx, bruff1977 and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.