IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by M5eater Honestly? That really sucks. the N55 and N54 are such good engines stock and they have ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater

Honestly? That really sucks. the N55 and N54 are such good engines stock and they have large aftermarket. Sticking with a N/A V6 ensures aftermarket for the ATS will be limited to the V and 2.0T..
    They could certainly put the 400+ horsepower TT V6 in a non-V ATS but that would compete closely with the M3. What would the ATS-V compete with then? It would be way overkill for the M3 and not a hell of a lot better than the TT ATS - which would be easily modified faster than the ATS-V.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03

The 2.0T is going to be the performance car. 270 HP with a 6-Speed Manual, The extra 50 HP of the V6 will easily be overcome with the aftermarket.

The 2.0T is where it is at.
    I believe that. There will surely be ways to boost that engine up to around 400 horsepower or so.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8...

I think most of us want a V8 ATS-V. And I think we must accept we are probably not going to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    I think most of us want a V8 ATS-V. And I think we must accept we are probably not going to get one.
    Hopefully GM's TT V6 turns out to be a winner. A high performance TT V6 Camaro has been in the plans for at least five years so I'm sure they've been testing it a long time. I wish I knew what the latest delays are all about.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Maybe they know how many buyers are going to tune it and they are trying to decide what to do about the drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    Maybe they know how many buyers are going to tune it and they are trying to decide what to do about the drivetrain.
    Maybe. If even one model will be very tunable than even the 2.5 will sell being its an enthusiast car that everybody has to have.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Probably too much to ask for, but it would be interesting to imagine a TT 3.6 in the ATS-V, and a supercharged V8 in an ATS-VR, the latter being a limited production halo car.

Okay, back to reality ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Probably too much to ask for, but it would be interesting to imagine a TT 3.6 in the ATS-V, and a supercharged V8 in an ATS-VR, the latter being a limited production halo car.

Okay, back to reality ...
    Like Mercedes AMG "black", I guess...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Like Mercedes AMG "black", I guess...
    exactly, minus the $132K price tag. I'd be willing to spend $70-80K for an ATS-V 'black' edition.
    concorso and concorso like this.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    From a production standpoint, the LS3 (or its successor) makes the most sense. But a luxury performance sedan is not about making sense. There are rumors flying around that Cadillac (probably GM in general) wants to get away from pushrod engines. I love my LS3, but I don't expect that choice to be around much longer. I think GM is the only manufacturer left who is widely using them.
    Bently as well.

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    Bently as well.
    and Dodge, and Chrysler.

Probably wrong thead to post this, but it was pretty cool seeing the ATS ad GM ran in the Super Bowl last night. Could've sworn both those inside tires were off the pavement during the slo-mo part.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Probably wrong thead to post this, but it was pretty cool seeing the ATS ad GM ran in the Super Bowl last night. Could've sworn both those inside tires were off the pavement during that the slo-mo part.
    They were, I enjoyed everyone's reaction to it. I like seeing people think of a Cadillac as "basass" way more than dealing with the "that's an old man car" reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    They were, I enjoyed everyone's reaction to it. I like seeing people think of a Cadillac as "basass" way more than dealing with the "that's an old man car" reaction.
    you can go to green hell!!

o wait.. sorry, it's my jerk reaction anytime someone mentions Cadillac and badass in the same sentence.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Just found this article... Looks interesting:

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/cadillac-a...eets-for-real/

Quote Originally Posted by pollackk View Post
    Just found this article... Looks interesting:

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/cadillac-a...eets-for-real/
    The 6.2 with 470 hp was one of the first motors to be speculated as being in the ATS-V. Not that we all wouldn't drool over this one, this is actually old news.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.