IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho You know what, your posts sound terrible. Every single thing that you ever type is why ...
    nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You know what, your posts sound terrible. Every single thing that you ever type is why can't Cadillac do this, why can't Cadillac do that? In case you haven't noticed, quang, every V series made has been extremely competitive in its segment. Sometimes it's best in segment.

And in case you haven't notices, quang, AMG is quickly going away from the NA big engines for TTV8s. The next M3 is supposed to go back to a blown 6. And Audi just announced their big A8 sedan will have a supercharged 6 cylinder engine.

So quit your whining, quang...
    so that is your expect from a Luxury manufacturer alway say we're the starndart of the world ? if you can't do that..you shouldnt say that..it sound ridiculous
    A manufacturer need to compare with the other manufacturer to make them better.
    the new benz now has Twinturbo V8 in the new CLS and S car line soon..sooner or later the C-class will offer it also.

i agree you're a Cadillac Fan..and So am i..and of course a Custommer also...

the V we own now is Extremly nice for its segment, i completely agree with you. That is the reason i take a lot of compare before purchance car... but the ATS..we haven't know yet..it just a photo.. No one have test it yet..Hasn't you ?.. and as i remember, first time when i ask the forum about the CTS-V, i found the Interiol of the CTS-V is extremly nice, but no, it is a concept and the Production model is not nice like that. BUt i accept, because at that price, you can't find anything better than it.
    IMO i still prefer Supercharger over turbo...turbo car burn oil and lag. My audi before lag a lot..don't know what the best tech it offer like it Advertising but 1.8 TSI doesn't sound nice like it is. i still prefer drive my 2003 Benz with superchargerrather than the 1.8 TSI which i already sold....

i can warranty with u, i saw a lot of guy in my country race Z06 N/A or ZR1 SC and 911 turbo..Vette beat 911 all day long.. Even the same HP, the V8 alway stronger than H6 in low end torque + supercharger alway pump air in every RPM...or whatever BMW u bring to race with it.... i think the reason they use turbo because it cheaper to manufacturer than supercharger.

the Mercedes S-class or Audi, maybe only in USA it doesn't have V6 cylinder. In my country or EU or China, a lot and a lot of Mercedes S320, S350, S280 CDI. from old to new. And the Audi is not an exception, they has V6 long time ago.

You're fan of Cadillac, i agree but have u even think in your mine..why Cadillac before is no1 in USA and in other country is the first choice after the other brand... but now, it sound terrible, even In the USA, Lexus outsell the Cadillac...
    and People Bring Cadillac to compare with Lexus.. ....and Cadillac car worth less when it used ? why ? the first Lexus LS400 was born for fighting with E-class and Normal cadillac..and now Where is it at ?
    if u are a good fan, a real ethusiast, i hope u should donate your opinion and hope they listen..rather than..oh oh cadillac is best ..or bla bla bla...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    So, the BPV just allows the excess exhaust pressure to route around the turbo and on downstream?
    yes. Instead of venting into the atomosphere, it recirculates.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    My head hurts.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Dude said what?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    I don't know a second language at all, so...

I understand what he's saying very clearly.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Oh, that makes more sense.

I bet I sound like that in German.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    Dude said what?
    I stopped reading his posts after the first couple posts, I just read people's replies to get basic understanding of his 'argument'
    bigwim and bigwim like this.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

I won't buy an ATS-V, UNLESS it gets a V8!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Nothing new to post, just thinking that this reminds me of a few years ago with all the speculation that went into the powerplant and hp rating that the V2 was going to have. Hardly anyone speculated that it would be as high as 556 hp ... we were rather pleased to put it mildly.

My point is, it was lots of fun tossing out numbers just as it is now. Anticipation. That's what made it fun. Just like now. It's going to be good, we just don't know how good.
    Stingroo and Stingroo like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

69mets is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V, MN6, Driven Daily

Looking at the ATS on the display stand at the Philly auto show on friday I just can't see a V8 being put into it. Not with all the other competitors downsizing their engines. But the pre-production review in the March Car and Driver mentions a Corvette V8 will fit. I think GM hasn't decided yet. BTW, the ATS look great in person, much better than the photos.

The ATS most assuredly fits with the SBC V8. The TT V6 is actually physically larger than the SBC V8.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    ... The TT V6 is actually physically larger than the SBC V8.
    I'd believe it.

Packaging is probably one of the reasons the SBC V8 has stayed around this long. Take the cam(s) out of the block and put them on top of the heads plus all the FI plumbing and you're bumping into the envelope.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I may have already mentioned this but since the 3.6 liter directed injected V6 is going to compete with the 335i, there's not going to be a TT V6 in a regular ATS - so I'm almost positive it'll be going into the ATS-V. There's really no need for a V8 here but I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see one.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I may have already mentioned this but since the 3.6 liter directed injected V6 is going to compete with the 335i, there's not going to be a TT V6 in a regular ATS - so I'm almost positive it'll be going into the ATS-V. There's really no need for a V8 here but I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see one.
    Honestly? That really sucks. the N55 and N54 are such good engines stock and they have large aftermarket. Sticking with a N/A V6 ensures aftermarket for the ATS will be limited to the V and 2.0T..

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Honestly? That really sucks. the N55 and N54 are such good engines stock and they have large aftermarket. Sticking with a N/A V6 ensures aftermarket for the ATS will be limited to the V and 2.0T..
    The 2.0T is going to be the performance car. 270 HP with a 6-Speed Manual, The extra 50 HP of the V6 will easily be overcome with the aftermarket.

The 2.0T is where it is at.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.