IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey, I am quite happy with my pushrod engine. And if sales of big SUVs and pickups declined, it was ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8...

Hey, I am quite happy with my pushrod engine. And if sales of big SUVs and pickups declined, it was everywhere but in chicago. I see brand new Tundras, F150, Silverados and Lexus, Infiniti full size suvs everywhere. And they are all driving 75 mph+. They don't seem too interested in conservation

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Hey, I am quite happy with my pushrod engine. And if sales of big SUVs and pickups declined, it was everywhere but in chicago. I see brand new Tundras, F150, Silverados and Lexus, Infiniti full size suvs everywhere. And they are all driving 75 mph+. They don't seem too interested in conservation
    Same here.

The only way (most) people are going to become concerned about saving gasoline is if they're not sure they're going to be able to fill up on their next tank. The current Administration seems to be trying to make that happen.
    concorso and concorso like this.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

V8 for the V, unless the V6TT is significantly lighter.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post

Jason, we need to get your cousin out for a few beers one of these days.
    We were watching the Michigan Sugar Bowl game the other day and he was telling me it's a 3.6L TT making over 400 HP most likely for the V model. He works on the calibrations/emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    We were watching the Michigan Sugar Bowl game the other day and he was telling me it's a 3.6L TT making over 400 HP most likely for the V model. He works on the calibrations/emissions.
    Is he the same guy posting on GMInsideNews? There are other people saying that theyre working on the V8 as well. I would expect GM to be working on both engines at the moment...I doubt he knows for sure which is the final choice tho...

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Is he the same guy posting on GMInsideNews? There are other people saying that they're working on the V8 as well. I would expect GM to be working on both engines at the moment...I doubt he knows for sure which is the final choice tho...
    Sadly for a company like GM, powertrain choices are usually not hammered down until the end. GM Powertrain lives in another world versus GM Platform Development. Sometimes powertrain decisions are made last minute.

The new Malibu launching with the 2.4L BAS+ (ECO) and having the 2.5L and 2.0T come later is due to Powertrain not being in sync with the rest of the company.

GM has a horrid record of new engines being introduced during the second and third model years.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

It's that kind of record that makes me think waiting a year of two for the ATS-V might mean an even better power level than 470 hp.

Of course, it's about then that Cap 'n Trade will start up, and GM will be putting out 3-cylinder Vs.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Is he the same guy posting on GMInsideNews? There are other people saying that theyre working on the V8 as well. I would expect GM to be working on both engines at the moment...I doubt he knows for sure which is the final choice tho...
    No he's not but you and 0AT E03 are absolutely correct. Final motor decisions come down to the last minute. I'm only reporting that a 3.6 TT is being tested and in its final stages...Also it's in the ATS car during his testing.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    It's that kind of record that makes me think waiting a year of two for the ATS-V might mean an even better power level than 470 hp.

Of course, it's about then that Cap 'n Trade will start up, and GM will be putting out 3-cylinder Vs.
    I think what the competition has, and the political situation will weigh heavy on whether or not you get the Turbo V6 or the V8 in the ATS-V. If GM lived in a vacuum the V8 would be a lock.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think politics is going to reshape the automotive world over the next decade. Sadly. But I think it is going negatively affect manufacturers like BMW more, who will have to start making cars that people will buy based on their needs, rather than being based on image.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think politics is going to reshape the automotive world over the next decade. Sadly. But I think it is going negatively affect manufacturers like BMW more, who will have to start making cars that people will buy based on their needs, rather than being based on image.
    I agree.. and the US is also becomming less of a centerpoint for decision making for automobiles. You can't design a car just for americans anymore, you have to think about it on a global economic scale, and while everyone can agree an american V8 is nice, I'm thinking even more would think a fuel effecient V6 in light of what the rest of the world pays in gas is even better. Which is also why I will probally be holding onto the V2 for a good long time. Dodge and Chrysler being the true exceptions, because even if Chevrolet starts selling Caprice's to the public, it's no V2. Although, I can't honestly say that I would remain V2 loyal should gas hit say, $5-6 a gallon.

No he's not but you and 0AT E03 are absolutely correct. Final motor decisions come down to the last minute. I'm only reporting that a 3.6 TT is being tested and in its final stages...Also it's in the ATS car during his testing.
    That makes sense. Both engines should be in a few GM vehicles in the next 1 or 2 model years.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Have they changed plans now and decided to move forward with a 3.6 liter TT V6 as opposed to the 3.0 liter TT V6? I know there was a 3.6 TT V6 in the Ciel concept but that's supposed to be another engine altogether...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Have they changed plans now and decided to move forward with a 3.6 liter TT V6 as opposed to the 3.0 liter TT V6? I know there was a 3.6 TT V6 in the Ciel concept but that's supposed to be another engine altogether...
    that sound terrible..because the benz C63 AMG got 6.3 V8 and BMW M3 has V8 also..

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    that sound terrible..because the benz C63 AMG got 6.3 V8 and BMW M3 has V8 also..
    You know what, your posts sound terrible. Every single thing that you ever type is why can't Cadillac do this, why can't Cadillac do that? In case you haven't noticed, quang, every V series made has been extremely competitive in its segment. Sometimes it's best in segment.

And in case you haven't notices, quang, AMG is quickly going away from the NA big engines for TTV8s. The next M3 is supposed to go back to a blown 6. And Audi just announced their big A8 sedan will have a supercharged 6 cylinder engine.

So quit your whining, quang...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.