IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Whatever, my man. I am not the one getting testy or making accusations....
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: IF the Cadillac ATS-V gets a V8...

Whatever, my man. I am not the one getting testy or making accusations.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

The reasoning here is not sound.
    The 3 Series is not the only car on the planet.
    It is not what Cadillac should fixate on.
    There is no need to try and mirror the BMW drivetrain in order to compete with it.
    The way to win is to simply build a great car and follow up with a great ownership experience.

Anyone who mentions 3-Series 3-times in a post needs to just go buy one.

IMO GM has the competition beat in the engine department already.
    I would put these engines up against anything from the other manufacturers

Ecotec 2.0 Turbo
    http://wardsauto.com/auto-makers/gen...arged-dohc-i-4

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n.../1214_ats.html

LS3/LT1

Unfortunately, the GM V6 is getting beat by just about everyone.
    It's just an average engine, at best, and won't be anything more than a gas-wasting, oil-consuming, blow-hard in Turbo form.
    That is not the awnser for an ATS-V.

I do think the GM NA V6 is a fine option for a non-V ATS, for those who prefer a more refined driving experience, than a turbo 4.
    I think the Ecotech 2.0 Turbo ATS will be a hit, as it seems to have the right stuff for the right price.
    That means the ATS-V needs to be really special as Cadillac set their own bar pretty high.

Cars in the V, AMG, M, RSx leauge need to be the real deal.
    If GM is not ready to deliver something of that calibur, they should just keep the ATS-V on the bench.
    The other ATS models are good for their intended purpose and it would do more harm than good to bring out a V model that gets it's ass handed to it, by its big leauge competition.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD

I have a feeling they are going to take their time with the ATS-V and put some extra time into the redesign of the CTS-V. The last head to head M5/CTS-V, the M5 had it. I expected BMW to come back fighting after Cadillac caught them with their pants down...

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Sorry for the history lesson, but we all know that Cadillac benchmarked (a previous) 3-series when engineering the ATS. But I would hope the 'follow method' stops once the hi-po variant is discussed or developed. *Ahem... Standard of the World*

And an announcement at Detroit would be very nice. Just that, so not to steal the C7's thunder.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post

If the ATS doesn't stack up well against the 328 and 335, then I think there will be little point in having the ATS-V chase the M3, and in that case, the V will be more likely to get the LT1.
    The 1st and 2nd gen CTS V6 models were lagging against the BMW equivalents. That didnt stop Cadillac from building M-killers with both CTS-V models.

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD

I think an important factor is being left out... There will be a new grand national or gnx as well.. A Boosted v6 or a v8 would live well in there too.

In my honest opinion, I can't foresee it happening, but maybe for the first time ever, a buyer will have an engine choice in a V?

Hell they could get crazy and offer both motors in each car? Camaro, ats, Buick..

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Where is this Grand National / GNX news coming from? I don't buy it.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
    I think an important factor is being left out... There will be a new grand national or gnx as well.. A Boosted v6 or a v8 would live well in there too.

In my honest opinion, I can't foresee it happening, but maybe for the first time ever, a buyer will have an engine choice in a V?

Hell they could get crazy and offer both motors in each car? Camaro, ats, Buick..
    It would be crazy, but that would be a classic case of badge engineering... Personally, the ATS-V or the new GN/GNX doesn't deserve that. The V should get a tuned eight cylinder (LT1), and the GN/GNX should get the turbo sixes, with different tunes or boost.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Fox and Autoblog are just regurgitating Edmunds. Their article is based on a "reliable source" -- but they also say it'll be more than a year before we hear anything official. And that doesn't track with a photo of a finished production car sans camouflage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    Fox and Autoblog are just regurgitating Edmunds. Their article is based on a "reliable source" -- but they also say it'll be more than a year before we hear anything official. And that doesn't track with a photo of a finished production car sans camouflage.
    Those are very clearly photoshops.

----------

I hope they are right. I would be VERY interested in a Buick alpha if its priced right. I am skeptical though. It would undoubtedly compete with the
    regal GS. Remember the grand nat of yore were regals.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

This would be very satisfying and exciting if these models come to fruition! I'm going to wait until Sept. '13 to make my decision on my CTS Coupe replacement. By then the new 8 speed auto's should be in play also.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Those are very clearly photoshops.

----------

I hope they are right. I would be VERY interested in a Buick alpha if its priced right. I am skeptical though. It would undoubtedly compete with the
    regal GS. Remember the grand nat of yore were regals.
    It wouldn't be far fetched to think the next gen regal will move to this platform.. What reason do they have not too? Honestly,had the regal been a rwd/ awd platform it may have been in my shopping cart before the ats.

Buick needs a younger face, that could be it. Badge engineering or not, it's all good for a GM performance car enthusiast.

I don't have any problem with badge engineering. I don't see why people care. If GM can make better cars cheaper by sharing platform/tooling costs, I'm all for it.

I would love to see the Regal move to the Alpha platform. I just don't think there is room at Buick for two midsize sport sedans. Even though I personally think it makes alot of sense for GM to have two of them, one front-drive, one-rear-drive, it would be too confusing for most consumers.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Badge engineering is fine. Bad badge engineering is where the problem is...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.