M3 Caught Testing, ATS-v BETTER Have a DCT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By JimmyH
  • 2 Post By JimmyH
  • 4 Post By JimmyH
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, M3 Caught Testing, ATS-v BETTER Have a DCT in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jEokuh46ks Those are crazy fast shifts. [YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6jEokuh46ks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]...
    CTSVKINGWAGON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE YET

M3 Caught Testing, ATS-v BETTER Have a DCT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jEokuh46ksThose are crazy fast shifts.

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6jEokuh46ks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: M3 Caught Testing, ATS-v BETTER Have a DCT

Yeah, you're not kidding. That shift around 45 seconds into the video sounded nice..
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think GM is too smart to delve into unproven, problematic transmissions just yet.

Besides, the true enthusiast always requires three complete pedals.
    0AT E03 and 0AT E03 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    the true enthusiast always requires three complete pedals.
    Yeah, but most people just want to win races.

Huge_smiley_with_tongue_out.gif
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

I am not most people. It's not how fast you get there, it's how much fun you have doing it
    0AT E03 and 0AT E03 like this.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If it doesn't have 3 pedals, I won't buy it.

I went to Manuals in 2006 (with my Saab 9-3 Aero) and my only foray back was a disaster (2008 Jeep GC) of shift dissatisfaction.

I hear ya - but at the end of the day (to Cadillac), it's all about selling cars...

I am not most people. It's not how fast you get there, it's how much fun you have doing it

That's every manufacturer. I suppose that is why the aftermarket is so strong these days.

Yeah, I guess so. Some people were so disturbed when they heard the 2009 CTS-V would be available with an automatic transmission. It's just meant more sales for Cadillac. Some people don't like manuals. Why send them to other manufacturers? Same with the smaller engines being "available". Who cares if the Escalade is going to have a V6? If you don't like it, buy the one with the V8.

That's every manufacturer. I suppose that is why the aftermarket is so strong these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Some people were so disturbed when they heard the 2009 CTS-V would be available with an automatic transmission.
    I can kind of understand that though. There was a certain exclusivity with the 1st gen CTS-V. Every single one was a manual transmission. For those of us who are driving enthusiasts, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that. Maybe that doesn't make sense to most people. But it was something I appreciated. And actually, it is a small part of why I was not that excited about the 2nd generation. There is more to it than just that, but that is indeed a part of it.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I would love to see GM move towards Dual clutch transmission technology yet I would be happy with a planetary computer controlled transmission especially if it did not have a torque convertor.

Its the torque convertor that enthusiasts often time find distasteful in diluting that sporty driving experience.

I will have either a MCT or Dual clutch transmission. Hope GM moves in that direction.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I can kind of understand that though. There was a certain exclusivity with the 1st gen CTS-V. Every single one was a manual transmission. For those of us who are driving enthusiasts, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that. Maybe that doesn't make sense to most people. But it was something I appreciated. And actually, it is a small part of why I was not that excited about the 2nd generation. There is more to it than just that, but that is indeed a part of it.
    +1..

Dual clutch direct shift transmissions have a long way to go. Nissan and VW have already proven how unreliable they are. And they are expensive. Just look at the VW GTI. It's a small, 200 hp car that costs over $25k. You could get a Cobalt SS for less than that which would blow the GTI away. GM is smart to let other manufacturers perfect the design, and spend the money to do it.

I admit they are amazing transmissions, and that they are the future. But I sure as hell don't want to be the guinnea pig. You guys can have the finicky, faulty DSGs now. I will wait until they perfect them (by then, my left knee will probably want one when it's tired from all the fun I have had in my car with proper manual transmission )

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.