Cadillac ATS-V - Twin Turbo V6 - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V - Twin Turbo V6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; You guys like V8's again. So this isn't a 3 Series Turbo 6 thread after all. Next time you even ...
    lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Re: Cadillac ATS-V - Twin Turbo V6

You guys like V8's again.
    So this isn't a 3 Series Turbo 6 thread after all.

Next time you even think Turbo 6, go crack open the throttle on your V (preferably with the windows down).
    Let the ATS-V be a real car, on its own terms, defining it's own class, not a 3 series wana-be.
    Cadillac needs to aim higher, they have the stuff to do it.
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I never, ever said I wanted a turbo6. I said we will eventually have to accept it.

For a few of us, V8 > V6. For almost everyone else in the world, it's the other way.

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I never, ever said I wanted a turbo6. I said we will eventually have to accept it.

For a few of us, V8 > V6. For almost everyone else in the world, it's the other way.
    The only place for V8's for the last decade sans 1 or 2 apperances in performance models has been in SUV's and pickup trucks anyway, and even Ford has started the transistion with Ecoboost F150's--and look how successful that powertrains been in a market that almost demands a very simple and easy to mantian/repair design?

V6 is just a compromise many have learned to accept.
    Untill technology advances further, a V8 gives the most performance and reliability, in a heavy street car, than any other cost competetive engine configuration.
    A V6 could be amazing, for an unlimited budget, but the LS V8 is already amazing.

Let Cadillac focus their resoursces on the chassis, instead of wasting time on developing a new underperforming engine.
    Just add DI and the LS is good to go with 500HP NA.
    Put it in the right chassis and hold on.
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

All you V6 supporters should be happy with the non V models as most of the population is.
    A V car is for those who want, and appreciate, something that is over the top.

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    All you V6 supporters should be happy with the non V models as most of the population is.
    A V car is for those who want, and appreciate, something that is over the top.
    I do not believe there are any supporters here.. there are only people that recognize inescapeable eventualities.

Those eventualities are already here in mainstream cars.
    Nothing wrong with cars for the masses.
    The V is supposed to be an escape from the mainstream.

Is it better for sales if the V goes mainstream?
    Why not make the watered down V the base model, to improve overall sales?
    Then let the V be something special.
    Isn't that what BMW did with the 330?
    It worked BTW.

I would never want to buy a V6 V-Series Cadillac, because it is not what I expect from a model line that is supposed to offer high-end technology.
    I can get mediocre somewhere else.

that's your opinion. Many car enthusiasts would consider the LS3, even LS9 to be old technology, and would not be interested in it. They would rather see 400hp bi-turbo quad-cam V6 than a naturally aspirated ohv 450 hp V8.

I think different levels of V would be great. Or at least different engine choices. Given the limited production aspect of the V, that seems unlikely though.

Sounds like a pitch to resurect the SHO.

I think that already happened.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think that already happened.
    No freakin' way...?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If they take away our V8's we'll have to push for V12's. At least they can share parts with the V6's....

Imagine the cost of a valve job on a multivalve V12

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... Let the ATS-V be a real car, on its own terms, defining it's own class, not a 3 series wana-be. ...
    ... Let Cadillac focus their resoursces on the chassis, instead of wasting time on developing a new underperforming engine.
    Just add DI and the LS is good to go with 500HP NA. ...
    Ernie, these are very persuasive arguments, I gotta admit.

A 470 hp LS motor would not disappoint me at all. It's just that it's getting closer to a time when a V6TT will start showing up in GM's offering. Will it be with the ATS-V? I dunno. Either way, I'm saving my pennies.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Met a guy today that works on the ATS at GM. We were both on the Fall Cruise that Torxila (George) posted a thread about. This guy wouldn't reveal any info but did say that he couldn't believe that Akerson actually told the public what motor would be going into the ATS-V in an interview or some public statement. He nonetheless could not come right out and say what it is.

So, I searched for information on his statement and found two interesting items. The first one is the 6.2L with 470 hp as we've mentioned above. The other speaks of 530 hp but a little less directly:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...y-dan-akerson/ Now, THAT would be some serious horsepower!

If anyone can find a different quote by Akerson that's more to the point than what I've found, post it up please.

Another very interesting tidbit, besides his confirmation that a manual trans would be offered, was a discussion we had regarding weight. "This guy" says he was personally very pleased with how they kept the weight down ... "significantly less than the current CTS." Though he wouldn't say exactly and less than the current CTS still means oink oink, I still got the distinct impression that it was in the neighborhood of 3700 lbs, maybe something approaching 3600 lbs. I'd take anything in between. Imagine a car weighing, say, 3650 lbs (give or take) and 470 hp with a 6-spd and a warranty. Hot damn!

Heresay, heresay ... I know, I know, but I just had to post this up.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.